GAA Discussion > GAA Discussion

County Manager Merry go round

<< < (317/330) > >>

Blowitupref:
Andy McEntee has been given the go-ahead to oversee what will be his sixth season in charge of the Meath senior football team.

The Nobber native got the nod after an emergency county board meeting in Trim's Knightsbrook Hotel tonight, with the vote on his future as Royals boss falling at the hands of the club delegates.

dublin7:
Normally this would lead to resignations at board level after such a resounding and humiliating defeat for them, but GAA county board members are a different breed and I doubt you'll see any of them step down

Blowitupref:
Keith Ricken is set to take over the Cork senior footballers after a five-person selection committee recommended that the county executive propose his appointment on a two-year term.

Ricken, who will need to be confirmed at a full county board meeting, managed the Rebels' U20s to the All-Ireland title in 2019 and a second Munster crown this year. He also led Cork IT to their sole Sigerson Cup success in 2009.

I think Ricken could turn out to be a very good appointment. Cork have been one of the most if not the most underachieving teams in Ireland for the last number of years.

Duine Eile:
Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O’Neill has joined Padraic Joyce’s backroom team as coach.

Silver hill:

--- Quote from: Duine Eile on October 18, 2021, 08:44:28 PM ---Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O’Neill has joined Padraic Joyce’s backroom team as coach.

--- End quote ---

Another man who’s stealing a living on the circuit.
I’d put him in the same bracket as Poacher and tally.
Complete bluffers but some county/club always fool enough to take them on, irrespective of traci record of continued failure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version