Non GAA Discussion > General discussion

The SDLP

(1/273) > >>

ardmhachaabu:
For years I really respected them especially when Hume was at the helm.  Since Durkan gave up the leadership I think they have went into terminal decline and as there isn't much of an SDLP youth wing I would say they are a spent political force at this stage.  That doesn't mean they will lose Westminster seats though, I think there are a hardcore of people who will never vote for shinners who would vote SDLP now.  Unless some kind of middle ground politics starts to become the order of the day the SDLP will disappear while the extremists on the nationalist side will benefit ultimately

ziggysego:
They were in decline before Durkan stepped aside. Admittedly, since Richie took over, they've nose dived.

pintsofguinness:
Never had much respect for them, never seen them doing much locally. In fact you wouldn't see them locally unless there was an election.

Minder:

--- Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 23, 2010, 09:37:22 PM ---Never had much respect for them, never seen them doing much locally. In fact you wouldn't see them locally unless there was an election.

--- End quote ---

I can say the same for Sinn Fein in West Belfast, maybe they just take it for granted.

pintsofguinness:

--- Quote from: Minder on April 23, 2010, 09:40:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 23, 2010, 09:37:22 PM ---Never had much respect for them, never seen them doing much locally. In fact you wouldn't see them locally unless there was an election.

--- End quote ---

I can say the same for Sinn Fein in West Belfast, maybe they just take it for granted.

--- End quote ---
Local Shinners would do a lot in our area, just a pity the can't/won't get rid of the ceasefire soldiers and sheep.
Sinn Fein will go the same way as the SDLP in a few years when McGuinness and Adams step aside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version