Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2021, 02:57:11 PM
Not long after I typed that I saw there was a Gaelic life article on it so must be back.

In July , according to tbe GAA inter county transfer list!

imtommygunn

St endas beating ld a big result. Ballymena beating randalstown probably a surprise too. Some interesting results in intermediate and junior too. Would have expected Dunloy to beat St. Paul's. Junior seems very tight though I suspect rasharkiin and maybe Pearses favourites.

breakingball

Cargin won't be beat at Senior.

Intermediate wide open.

Junior between 3 teams - rasharkin, antrim and pearses in that order.

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 15, 2021, 05:52:41 PM
St endas beating ld a big result. Ballymena beating randalstown probably a surprise too. Some interesting results in intermediate and junior too. Would have expected Dunloy to beat St. Paul's. Junior seems very tight though I suspect rasharkiin and maybe Pearses favourites.

NatSoSaff

The most likely outcome for the accumulator would be:

Snr:    Cargin
Imt:    Ballymena
Junior: Rasharkin

That's where my £2 is heading anyway.

Calm Down

Would be

Cargin
St Pauls
Rasharkin

for me

Quote from: NatSoSaff on August 16, 2021, 10:12:12 AM

imtommygunn

A whole £2 lol. It does look like Cargin are hands down favourites. Imtermediate or Junior I am not sure. I think Rasharkin will maybe win junior but not sure on Ballymena for intermediate. It really is very close to call in the intermediate.

Dunsilly King

I don't think senior is that straight forward. We took them to extra time in the final last September. A kick of the ball in normal time. Their panel proved  stronger in extra time and we have no complaints. We are there abouts. LD come the quarter final will give anyone a game. They and Cargin have had very tight matches and replays the past 3 seasons. Can't see that changing as LD have proven championship performers. And I also see Portglenone pushing on further this season, they gave St Brigids a tanking last week by 14pts, no one seen that coming. They should be pushing.  Cargin favs surely but its not a one horse race.

NatSoSaff

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 16, 2021, 12:42:34 PM

A whole £2 lol. It does look like Cargin are hands down favourites. Imtermediate or Junior I am not sure. I think Rasharkin will maybe win junior but not sure on Ballymena for intermediate. It really is very close to call in the intermediate.

I know, I need to get myself a club manager gig to up the stakes!  :P

antrimman667

impressed with the standard of the championship so far, lets hope mcginley and co are keeping an eye out.

Belfast GAA man

any word of Gaelfast chief appointment? with schools returning its a very important time for tjis school project

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 17, 2021, 01:57:48 PM
any word of Gaelfast chief appointment? with schools returning its a very important time for tjis school project

Shane Flanagan , Director of Games Development Coaching , Croke Park .

gallsman

Dunsilly King

Quote from: gallsman on August 17, 2021, 03:22:28 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40360952.html

Loughrey interview. Still living in Cork.

Have to say that i am baffled at that, he's played in Cork for 9 years, meanwhile St Brigids have been in a number of U18 and u21 finals and they feel they need prioritise him over their home based youth. I just don't get it. They have regressed from last season.

imtommygunn

He will maybe bring some of the younger boys on though. Agree though it does seem odd. He can't make training surely though.

GiveItToTheShooters

You would also wonder how the transfer can go through when his address is in Cork.  ::)