GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 09, 2020, 09:39:55 PM
Confirmed tonight that rapid testing will take place for the forthcoming season.

let's hope they use a reliable test, some of these instant tests have had a rake of false positives.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Strong rumour circulating that roscommon and donegal with serious rule breach in boyle today. Match followed by indoor meal. Disgraceful if true

Edit match was in Sligo.

Afterwards Rossies had indoor secret sit down meal in boyle, guards called and they broke up the meal. But will GAA take action against Roscommon?

Will it ever end

I just cannot fathom how these guys are not getting it - there is stories of breaches running wild in dozens of counties - why they push the boundaries given the situation we find ourselves in is mind blowing.

oliverkelly

Non story no rules or guidelines broken. Everything that took place met the specific rules around elite sports teams

Itchy

Two posters on here from Ros have PM'd me to ask me to take the post down as it is incorrect. That is fine, if it is incorrect I will take it down. One thing I would like clarified though is were the Gardai called to a function organised by Roscommon GAA in Boyle and did the meeting (or whatever it was) get disbanded as a result.

This from the Roscommon Herald (not from me or someone on twitter)...

https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/10/gardai-investigate-gathering/#.X4M2m8JKjAU

Gardaí have confirmed to the Roscommon Herald that they attended at a premises in Boyle this afternoon, Saturday, October 10th  at approximately 4.30 p.m. following reports of potential breaches of current Covid-19 regulations. Following engagement with Gardaí  a group of people gathered in the premises agreed to leave. "An investigation focused on the organisers of the event is currently underway,"  the Roscommon Herald has been informed.

According to a statement from Gardai: "In respect of regulations which are declared to be Penal Regulations under the Health Act 1947 as amended, An Garda Síochána adopts the approach of the Four Es which sees Gardaí engage, educate, encourage, and as a last resort, enforce.  Where Gardaí find potential breaches of the public health regulations a file is prepared for the DPP in each case.

"While An Garda Síochána will seek to encourage people to maintain the necessary public health measures, it will intervene where there is non-compliance with public health regulations," the statement concluded.

Blowitupref

Quote from: oliverkelly on October 11, 2020, 05:42:06 PM
Non story no rules or guidelines broken. Everything that took place met the specific rules around elite sports teams

Moral of the story don't believe every rumour that starts and spreads on social media.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

oliverkelly

Quote from: Itchy on October 11, 2020, 05:47:55 PM
Two posters on here from Ros have PM'd me to ask me to take the post down as it is incorrect. That is fine, if it is incorrect I will take it down. One thing I would like clarified though is were the Gardai called to a function organised by Roscommon GAA in Boyle and did the meeting (or whatever it was) get disbanded as a result.

This from the Roscommon Herald (not from me or someone on twitter)...

https://roscommonherald.ie/2020/10/10/gardai-investigate-gathering/#.X4M2m8JKjAU

Gardaí have confirmed to the Roscommon Herald that they attended at a premises in Boyle this afternoon, Saturday, October 10th  at approximately 4.30 p.m. following reports of potential breaches of current Covid-19 regulations. Following engagement with Gardaí  a group of people gathered in the premises agreed to leave. "An investigation focused on the organisers of the event is currently underway,"  the Roscommon Herald has been informed.

According to a statement from Gardai: "In respect of regulations which are declared to be Penal Regulations under the Health Act 1947 as amended, An Garda Síochána adopts the approach of the Four Es which sees Gardaí engage, educate, encourage, and as a last resort, enforce.  Where Gardaí find potential breaches of the public health regulations a file is prepared for the DPP in each case.

"While An Garda Síochána will seek to encourage people to maintain the necessary public health measures, it will intervene where there is non-compliance with public health regulations," the statement concluded.

Yes cops attended and no its didnt get disbanded as a resukt

Itchy

Oliver when your own local paper remove their article, ill remove my post as you requested. That seems fair to me.

Rossfan

Elite sports teams are exempt from a load of the restrictions.
I believe post match meals are ok.
Some ne'er do wells in a certain Town reported to the Gardai that there was a "shindig" and revelry going on.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2020/1010/1170745-gathering-gaa-roscommon/

Gardaí in Roscommon are investigating a potential breach of Covid-19 regulations in Boyle in County Roscommon earlier today.

It follows a call out to a premises where it is understood a GAA gathering was taking place.

After engaging with gardaí, a group of people agreed to leave.

An investigation focused on the organisers of the event is currently under way.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 11, 2020, 06:37:44 PM
Some ne'er do wells in a certain Town reported to the Gardai that there was a "shindig" and revelry going on.
Curtain twitching is alive and well in Boyle it seems.

Itchy

What time was the roscommon game against donegal in sligo before hand?

marty34

How are post match meals ok, just because it's 'elite players'?

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on October 11, 2020, 06:59:58 PM
What time was the roscommon game against donegal in sligo before hand?
Why dont ya ask the feckin Roscommon Herald ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smelmoth

Any links you can post?

The elite exemption on training is well known but presumably they weren't practising mastication?