What became of the Connnacht minor final thread?

Started by Owenmoresider, July 29, 2009, 10:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

QuoteMan and there I was thinking all the mayo lads hated me, damn it, what more do I have to do to get you to hate me?

I'd hate it if you were to stay away from the board so I couldn't wind you up.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 30, 2009, 11:32:48 AM
QuoteMan and there I was thinking all the mayo lads hated me, damn it, what more do I have to do to get you to hate me?

I'd hate it if you were to stay away from the board so I couldn't wind you up.  ;D

Im not going anywhere :-*, but man I wind ye up too dont forget ;). Which one of yee is Prenty? :P
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

moysider

Was wonderin what happened the old thread. It was bubbling along nicely. Lar had concocted some fable about a goat coveting his neighbour's cabbage. Tom P was the cabbage and Sligonian the goat. Sligonian then, with some justification it must be said, told Lar his logic was arseways and it was really Mayo who were sneaking into the neighbours garden and making off with the finest of the cabbage heads. Oh, and Sigonian called Lar a clown. Over to ye lads.

SLIGONIAN

Are you not Entertained!!! Good synopsis moysider :D.

You know I was thinking OMS started this thread mischievously to get it going again but I thought surely no one likes this abuse throwing between ME and the mayolads.

But moysider youve confirmed to me that ye lads get a kick out of it and even the Sligolads aswell.

I will admit sometimes when im bored or in bad mood here at work i just bring it up (Bellaghy and tp) just to pass the day. It always goes a bit too far though. :-\

ludermor

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 30, 2009, 01:57:54 PM
Are you not Entertained!!! Good synopsis moysider :D.

You know I was thinking OMS started this thread mischievously to get it going again but I thought surely no one likes this abuse throwing between ME and the mayolads.

But moysider youve confirmed to me that ye lads get a kick out of it and even the Sligolads aswell.

I will admit sometimes when im bored or in bad mood here at work i just bring it up (Bellaghy and tp) just to pass the day.I always goes a bit too far though. :-\

Corrected that for you, thank me later.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on July 30, 2009, 01:45:55 PM

Was wonderin what happened the old thread. It was bubbling along nicely. Lar had concocted some fable about a goat coveting his neighbour's cabbage. Tom P was the cabbage and Sligonian the goat. Sligonian then, with some justification it must be said, told Lar his logic was arseways and it was really Mayo who were sneaking into the neighbours garden and making off with the finest of the cabbage heads. Oh, and Sigonian called Lar a clown. Over to ye lads.

Moysider, something tells me you are havin' a real sloooow day!
Come to think of it, so am I or I wouldn't keep going on with this sort of stuff.

On the Galway/Sligo thread a short while ago, Sligo made an epic contribution; it was remarkable even by his own standards.
He had kinda figured out that if Sligo had Tom Parsons and if Eamonn O'Hara had three brothers, Sligo could do the business.
I couldn't resist joining in and I suggested gently that he was spouting moolagumby.
If all of Sligo thought the same way as him, they'd be turning up expecting to get bet and would have had their excuses made up before a ball was thrown in.
I told him that TP wasn't going to show up in a Sligo jersey and O'Hara wasn't  going to have three brothers  playing, so all Sligo should do what to make the best use of what they had and get on with it.
Even a goat should know that there's no point in looking into the neighbouring garden and coveting what he sees there. If he doesn't make do with what is available to him in his own, he'll get nowhere.
BTW; I accept the fact that I am a clown. Given Sligonian's own qualifications, I could not challenge his opinion. ;D

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on July 30, 2009, 10:54:56 AM
Just as well twas deleted as we want to forget the whole disaster anyway. :-[

the Disater that has us at the same stage As Mayo? (quarter final)
the Disater that gave us the more Glamore time (Kerry in Croke park)

sure we didn't turn up in the replay but the facts remains WE SHOULD HAVE WON IN SALTHILL & it's about time the Roscommon minors got some luck
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

heineken_on_tap

It would of been nice to be crowned Connaugh champions all the same. I agree its better to be playing Kerry in Croker than Tipp in Tullamore. At least we will know what level we are at.

ross4life

Quote from: heineken_on_tap on July 30, 2009, 04:01:12 PM
It would of been nice to be crowned Connaugh champions all the same. I agree its better to be playing Kerry in Croker than Tipp in Tullamore. At least we will know what level we are at.

yes nice to be crowned champs (only bad luck stopped us last 3 years) but really do you know what level your at? i'm still not sure after watching the two games were they two bad teams or good teams canceling each other out  ???

Roscommon scored 0-8 & 0-5 in two Games, while Mayo 1-5 (6 scores) 1-8 (9 scores)  i think will have to improve on those stats???

Mayo will beat tipp with plenty spare & still learn little, maybe when you play the dubs or Down in croke park u'll find it is a level to high (we will see)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 30, 2009, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 30, 2009, 01:45:55 PM

Moysider, something tells me you are havin' a real sloooow day!
Come to think of it, so am I or I wouldn't keep going on with this sort of stuff.

On the Galway/Sligo thread a short while ago, Sligo made an epic contribution; it was remarkable even by his own standards.
He had kinda figured out that if Sligo had Tom Parsons and if Eamonn O'Hara had three brothers, Sligo could do the business.
I couldn't resist joining in and I suggested gently that he was spouting moolagumby.
If all of Sligo thought the same way as him, they'd be turning up expecting to get bet and would have had their excuses made up before a ball was thrown in.
I told him that TP wasn't going to show up in a Sligo jersey and O'Hara wasn't  going to have three brothers  playing, so all Sligo should do what to make the best use of what they had and get on with it.
Even a goat should know that there's no point in looking into the neighbouring garden and coveting what he sees there. If he doesn't make do with what is available to him in his own, he'll get nowhere.
BTW; I accept the fact that I am a clown. Given Sligonian's own qualifications, I could not challenge his opinion. ;D

Did i say that??, i must of if you say soooo :P

Ludermor :D  now thats nit picking... ::) takes 2 to tango lad,

Its not a bad old life, on my long weekend now just finished the dinner and gonna watch a excellent quality copy of hangover and bruno ;D.

ludermor

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 30, 2009, 05:31:21 PM

Moysider now thats nit picking... ::) takes 2 to tango lad,

Its not a bad old life, on my long weekend now just finished the dinner and gonna watch a excellent quality copy of hangover and bruno ;D.

Im confused, on one hand you say maysider gave a good synopsis then you say he is  nit picking, you're spending too much time in the sun!!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ludermor on July 30, 2009, 06:52:06 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 30, 2009, 05:31:21 PM

Moysider now thats nit picking... ::) takes 2 to tango lad,

Im confused, on one hand you say maysider gave a good synopsis then you say he is  nit picking, you're spending too much time in the sun!!

Ya nit picking was your post for your correction on the I and it, sorry I credited it to moysider, duly modified. The good synopsis was his take on Lars post.

Its hotter than anything ive experienced before 52 degrees today. GAA training starting in 2 weeks, not looking forward to it. :-\

Lar Naparka

It's best to let sleeping dogs goats lie, as the old saying goes. I'm gonna try and not upset the goat any more and with luck, this promise might last a week.
You have a Lar-free week now, Sligonian. (I hope)