Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Fantastic result. I would have taken 0-1 with the injury list we have but to win 0-5 and make up the goal difference is class. Confidence will be high. Did we escape tonight injury free?

RedandGreenSniper

11 clean sheets in a row is fantastic and while some might argue United have become conservative, I don't think they've diluted their attacking style either. Just have a great set of defenders, led by Vidic.

Berba was class tonight, his link play and round the corner passing was a joy to watch. Easily best player on the pitch. Carrick showed well too as did Tevez - we have to give him more game time when Rooney comes back than was the case before Rooney got the knock.

Delighted to see Ronnie get the two goals (especially since he's my Fantasy Football captain ;D) but I'm still not convinced about his confidence. The second goal was just a shot at the target, no aim in it at all, just lucky he got it past Carson, thru his legs. If this was last year he would have grabbed four. While I know that form was impossible to keep, I just hope he can show a bit more confidence in the coming months.

Also great to see Rio back tonight and also Wes Brown coming on. Badly needed returns in defence
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on January 27, 2009, 10:19:35 PM
Get over yourselves. I remember I had the skitter and did 18 dirty sheets in a row.

18 was a lot of washing. Had you the automatic machine at the time or had you to wring them out after the washboard ?.

orangeman

full back

Naturally we should be looking to beat WB, regardless of injuries
Glad to see the goal difference improving

Good to beat the clean sheet record, now to aim for the Athletico Madrid record of the 90's
Think it is over 1200 mins

EC Unique

I see Ronaldo now has 10 league goals and is third highest scorer in Prem. He is only 4 off the top. Hopefully this will spur him on to something like last season's form.. :)

magpie seanie

The record is nice and a fair achievement in the circumstances. VDS and Vidic are the only ones to have played all 11 games. Who has played the most of the rest - the much maligned John O'Shea who has started 9 of the 11 games. He mustn't be that rubbish so.

The Tevez/Berbatov partnership is really going well and Carrick is hitting his best form too. Giggs' brilliant recent form continues much to my amazement and delight. The two goals should bring Ronaldo on a bit. He was much better than at the weekend when hampered by a bug. In the end it could have been anything but 5-0 will do just fine. Brown, Park and Rio all back too.

Scott Carson is complete rubbish. How he continues to get paid to play in the top flight is amazing. Did he play for England as well? His one man appeal after being assaulted by fresh air when dropping the ball to Tevez was hilarious. His team mates didn't want to know.

Rob Stiles is a funny ref too. WBA felt hard done by but he made loads of bad/questionable decisions for both teams. GNev should have had a pen. The sending off could be viewed as a bit harsh though exactly what Robinson was trying/hoping to do is beyond me. He gave the ref a decision to make when he didn't need to - the challenge was at least a yellow. If he stayed on his feet he might easily have got the ball.

Big game again next Monday* I think v. Everton.

The GAA

QuoteWENGER: `EVERTON CAN WIN TITLE`
Posted 28/01/09 09:51EmailPrintSave

Arsene Wenger has claimed that Everton can win the Premier League title ahead of their Goodison Park clash tonight.

The Toffees are currently 14 points behind leaders Manchester United, but Wenger was clearly trying to make the point that the title race is far from over.

He even claims that United are "not certainties" to finish in a Champions League place despite their 5-0 win over West Brom taking them nine points clear of the fifth-placed Gunners.

"There are five or even six teams who could still win the title," said Wenger. "Do not rule out Aston Villa and even Everton. It is much tighter than people think.

"When there are still 16 games to go and we are just four points (ahead of Tuesday night's games) behind third place, you cannot say that the final positions are already decided.

"Why does everyone think that Chelsea and Liverpool are guaranteed to be in the Champions League next season? I do not understand that.

"Even Manchester United are not certainties. Everyone says they are the favourites yet they are not winning 4-0 or 5-0 every week.

"So why should the other teams not have hope of coming back?''

Good timing with that one arsene

glens abu

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 11:36:03 AM
The record is nice and a fair achievement in the circumstances. VDS and Vidic are the only ones to have played all 11 games. Who has played the most of the rest - the much maligned John O'Shea who has started 9 of the 11 games. He mustn't be that rubbish so.

The Tevez/Berbatov partnership is really going well and Carrick is hitting his best form too. Giggs' brilliant recent form continues much to my amazement and delight. The two goals should bring Ronaldo on a bit. He was much better than at the weekend when hampered by a bug. In the end it could have been anything but 5-0 will do just fine. Brown, Park and Rio all back too.

Scott Carson is complete rubbish. How he continues to get paid to play in the top flight is amazing. Did he play for England as well? His one man appeal after being assaulted by fresh air when dropping the ball to Tevez was hilarious. His team mates didn't want to know.

Rob Stiles is a funny ref too. WBA felt hard done by but he made loads of bad/questionable decisions for both teams. GNev should have had a pen. The sending off could be viewed as a bit harsh though exactly what Robinson was trying/hoping to do is beyond me. He gave the ref a decision to make when he didn't need to - the challenge was at least a yellow. If he stayed on his feet he might easily have got the ball.

Big game again next Monday* I think v. Everton.
[/color]

its changed to Sat evening

magpie seanie

I wasn't sure. I thought Mr Benitez cited this as an example of how the FA are helping United to win the league? I must have missed his comment on the refixture!

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 12:08:59 PM
I wasn't sure. I thought Mr Benitez cited this as an example of how the FA are helping United to win the league? I must have missed his comment on the refixture!
If you're trying to be equally inane, then you are succeeding  ;)

magpie seanie

No, just pointing out more of the contradictions.

You have to admit - there's a bit of a soap opera surrounding him recently.

Hound

Benitez never said the FA were helping United with the fixture list.
He said Ferguson should stop moaning about the fixture list.

magpie seanie

No he didn't. He said United were getting an advantage. So did Wenger.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 28, 2009, 01:06:08 PM
No he didn't. He said United were getting an advantage. So did Wenger.

And Ferguson said United be ad a disavantage with the fixtures so six and one...