Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

How many people can the GAA ground in Ardee hold?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2024, 07:05:00 PM3,000?

That's what I thought. No way you'll turn up on the day and get in.

yellowcard

Quote from: APM on February 19, 2024, 10:24:42 AMIs it just me or is the media latching on to Kildare's bad form and ripping the bag out of it all week and creating the conditions where things are going to be difficult for the management to recover?

On the Sunday Game last night I think someone said about how Kildare should be challenging for All-Irelands and shouldn't be in the Tailtean Cup. What planet are they on? They won't be happy with where they are at, but Meath, whose record in modern times is much stronger, played in the Tailtean last year.

The media have to have a story and unfortunately this year it is Kildare's turn and they have been given a gift by the chairman whose comments were pretty lousy. Feel sorry for the management having to deal with that kind of stuff.

As for the game, it was like a training exercise for Armagh. At one point you could hear the players shouting 30 seconds to get a score. Ended up in a wide.
 ;)

Won't have done either team any good.

They looked in a very bad place yesterday and they had a lot of players whose confidence looks on the floor. They need strong leadership to battle their way through but looked to have little either on or off the field.

If it was a premier league team you would say Glen Ryan looks like a dead man walking and if they fail to avoid relegation I fear that he might not be there for championship. He seems like a decent man but they are going backwards and it's going to be very hard to turn that around.

illdecide

Big week ahead to see where the teams are at, this is the weekend that defines who's challenging for promotion and who's gonna be in a dogfight to stay up...

Meath v Kildare - Home win for me based on previous displays, Kildare were horrible v Armagh and Meath had a good 2nd half v Louth

Louth v Cavan - Away win for me although Louth are not easy beaten at home, Louth's 2nd half display v Meath was v poor. Narrow away win.

Fermanagh v Cork - Fermanagh have been decent in the league so far, had a poor 2nd half v Donegal last week but up to that have been hard to beat. Cork you just don't know what you're gonna get but they really need to win...Draw for me.

Armagh v Donegal - How the hell can you call this one...My orange tinted glasses say narrow home win but really don't know. Whatever the result the winner is almost certain to get promoted.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2024, 08:12:49 PMBig week ahead to see where the teams are at, this is the weekend that defines who's challenging for promotion and who's gonna be in a dogfight to stay up...

Meath v Kildare - Home win for me based on previous displays, Kildare were horrible v Armagh and Meath had a good 2nd half v Louth

Louth v Cavan - Away win for me although Louth are not easy beaten at home, Louth's 2nd half display v Meath was v poor. Narrow away win.

Fermanagh v Cork - Fermanagh have been decent in the league so far, had a poor 2nd half v Donegal last week but up to that have been hard to beat. Cork you just don't know what you're gonna get but they really need to win...Draw for me.

Armagh v Donegal - How the hell can you call this one...My orange tinted glasses say narrow home win but really don't know. Whatever the result the winner is almost certain to get promoted.

Couldn't Armagh and DOnegal agree on a draw and then both of them would be almost certain to be promoted?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Ourselves and Donegal- hard to know how it'll go tbh. Could be an element of shadow boxing given theres a likely league final between the 2 down the line.

Donegal probably abit ahead of us fitness and personnel wise at this stage given we've still the likes of Rian to come back and a couple of lads picked up knocks vs Kildare.

Should be a great day anyway in a packed athletic grounds and giving dry weather,  lets hope both teams go for it and give everyone something to cheer.

FermGael

Fermanagh bringing Cork to Edenery.
They played all there division 3 home games there last year and were unbeaten.
Down management were big fans of the place .

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on February 21, 2024, 08:29:30 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 21, 2024, 08:12:49 PMBig week ahead to see where the teams are at, this is the weekend that defines who's challenging for promotion and who's gonna be in a dogfight to stay up...

Couldn't Armagh and DOnegal agree on a draw and then both of them would be almost certain to be promoted?

Reported, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Obvious

A draw a strong possibility even if they don't agree.

yellowcard

I'll go with 4 home wins this week but would only really be sure about Meath. The rest will likely be very tight affairs and I would gladly take a draw for Armagh against Donegal now if offered it which would almost guarantee promotion.

Physically Armagh are a bit more robust than Donegal and I think with home advantage that might just edge it. Equally Louth are hard to beat in Ardee which is effectively a regional club ground not really suited to county standard football but they will have an advantage over Cavan and are a hard team to play against anyway.

In the other 2 matches I think Kildare may struggle to pick up any wins in this division given the lack of fight shown by them so far while Cork do not travel well and will struggle to beat Fermanagh who could almost guarantee safety were they to win.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 22, 2024, 02:21:36 PM

A draw a strong possibility even if they don't agree.
Both of them are going up. One may get 14 points. 10 will be probably be enough for the other
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ethan Tremblay

Meath v Kildare - Can only see a Meath win after Kildares last two games.  If Kildare cannot get fired up for this one, their season may as well be over. 

Louth v Cavan - Hard to call as both teams are well capable of beating one another, but I think Cavan may edge it.

Fermanagh v Cork - Fermanagh have been impressive in the league so far (bar the second half last week of course) and can see them winning with no fuss. 

Armagh v Donegal - Not sure.  This will be Donegal's first big test under their new high press style.  If it falters against Armagh then there is little hope of it working down the road against the 'bigger' teams. 

Vise versa for Armagh, their first big test against a well organised and physically fit team.  Interesting to see if they can adopt to facing a tactically better team and coming out the better.  I would expect a low scoring game also.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Itchy

Well

Meath v Kildare. Kildare in melt down but for me have better players than Meath. If management can get them back on board and with desperation for point critical I wouldn't be awful surprised to see Kildare win either. But on form have to go with Meath

Louth v Cavan. Cavan should be good enough to win this. Have the players to shut down louths danger men and if Louth concede Cavans kickouts I think Cavan will win by 4 or 5 points

Armagh v Donegal. Hard to say. Probably a draw is a real possibility but home advantage might swing it for Armagh.

Fermanagh v Cork. I think desperation for points and the fact that Cork are better than points tally is showing means Cork should win this by a few points

Btw, if Armagh draw or lose with Donegal they could potentially still have to beat Cavan to go up. Assuming both Cavan and Armagh win all there other games.