The wave against lockdown - the censored, the silenced, the ignored.

Started by From the Bunker, March 15, 2021, 11:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Sometimes you can just get too much of the same waffle. Joe Duffy, Tubridy, D'arcy, Claire Byrne, Pat Kenny, Matt Cooper and so on. All have been reading the same script for the last year. All loyally sticking to the Narrative. Never questioning, never wondering and never walking on egg shells. Week in week out, we run with this madness, no one asks. And anyone that could have an opinion is never asked. Never asked on mainstream media.

Maybe all the above are talking rubbish, but is it not refreshing to hear stuff being questioned? Isn't it refreshing that somebody is not going with the flow, believing what we are told, trusting people we don't normally trust.

More than anything it's great to find out you are not alone in questioning the direction and reasoning in this madness.

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2021, 06:07:10 PM
Do the ministers on the big hill have announced changes in the lockdowns, was driving and not really concentrating on the finer details.

Other than Angelo and smurphy can someone put what we can do and not do?

Not a whole pile of difference really. More kids back in school. Gold back from 1st April. More people can meet up
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54117810

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 09:37:38 PM
Do the ministers on the big hill have announced changes in the lockdowns, was driving and not really concentrating on the finer details.

Not a whole pile of difference really. More kids back in school. Gold back from 1st April. More people can meet up

Ulster council allowing 15 back training outside on the 12th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macker15

Was that Tom Humphries speaking on Virgin TV tonight against the lockdown? I thought he was locked up.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2021, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 16, 2021, 09:37:38 PM

Ulster council allowing 15 back training outside on the 12th

Big plus

sid waddell

Quote from: macker15 on March 16, 2021, 11:53:52 PM
Was that Tom Humphries speaking on Virgin TV tonight against the lockdown? I thought he was locked up.
MacEwan's Lager seems to think he's locked up

He must have a big case of Humphries envy

Humphries could actually write well though

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on March 17, 2021, 12:39:39 AM
Quote from: macker15 on March 16, 2021, 11:53:52 PM
MacEwan's Lager seems to think he's locked up

He must have a big case of Humphries envy

Humphries could actually write well though

Humphries was a superb writer.

Talk about pissing your life away.

sid waddell

There follows ten more messages from extremist Twitter accounts, presented without comment or context

That's internet "debate"

From the Bunker

Sometimes you can put up a link and leave it there without comment. People will make up their own mind. Or they have already made up their own mind and will ignore. Not everything needs to be commented on. Or needs multiple comments on.  :-\

sid waddell

Itchy

I think this is a valid topic. I find it odd that people take for gospel what someone like Tony Holohan has to say. I also think people need to remember what Nphet are about. They are a very narrow looking group concerned about one thing and one thing only - COVID. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with them effectively running the country, telling us when we might be able to go on holidays, back to school etc.

The job of Nphet is to advise government. Advise should also be sought from other groups as to the harm a Nphet led Ireland is causing to other groups at risk - suicide and cancer and jobs are 3 that spring to mind.

We have an extremely weak Taoiseach who is happy to sit back and let Tony and the boys run amok. And for those that think Tony and the boys and infallible, you should look at some of the flip flops they have done during COVID themselves.

No doubt I will now be attacked by the Tony disciples and I think that is the point of this thread, you can not have a healthy discussion on this topic anymore or you are labelled a crank.

sid waddell

This is it in a nutshell

We should have gone for Zero Covid/aggressive suppression last summer - we had four cases on July 1st, and for a good month in June/July we were bumping around in single figures/very low double figures

It would have been very hard to do that, not easy at all - but what has actually happened since has been far harder and far more extreme than what would have had to be done then to achieve Zero Covid/aggressive suppression

The government chose to let Covid back in and that, unfortunately, was supported by the majority of the Irish people amidst a media environment of manufactured consent for letting Covid back in

We were told that schools or pubs or construction don't spread Covid, these were lies that were obvious lies

So that was a massive failure and ever since, the government have been totally petrified about admitting to any mistakes

On the other end, the anti-lockdown narrative now is the most extreme of all, far more extreme again than the failed extreme policies of the Irish government and other governments across the west

We have to keep lockdown now because we didn't put in the hard yards last summer - we tried to cut corners, and government gave in to business vested interests

The problem with the current lockdown is it hasn't been hard enough, it hasn't been a proper lockdown, it was another half measure, for sure it was better than than what the anti-lockdown extremists want but it was only partially effective

Half measures don't work with Covid

Half measures are the result of the failed belief that we can "live with Covid"

You couldn't "live with Covid"

Refusing to recognise that one big thing has us where we are now

A few weeks ago I said Level 5 needed to stay until June and was met with a furious reaction here

That now looks optimistic, September might be more realistic

The most important report I've seen lately was a PrimeTime report on Public Health teams a few weeks back

They are totally under resourced, under staffed and often have to work with pen and paper

That is a farcical situation

NPHET are no more than a mudguard for government at this stage, they aren't prefect but I feel deeply sorry for them, and for people like Ronan Glynn who are thrown out for public consumption and savaged

NPHET wanted hotel quarantine last May but they are not the government - it's the government who are to blame for NPHET not being listened to

NPHET have always had both hands tied behind their back

You can make an argument that NPHET maybe should have resigned in protest at government inaction last summer but they are public servants who genuinely want to help

It's the government who have put them in the horrible position they are now in