Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

You must have missed Kerry doing it against Dublin (unsuccessfully) in 2011.

greatpoint

Joe McQuillan was absolutely shocking in the Roscommon Kerry game. Blew it up with over a minute left to play when it was scoring difference that determined the semi-final pairings.

Nanderson

TG4 stopping their clock for the 2nd water break is the only reason I assume it looks like Joe blew it up early. I doubt a seasoned referee would make that sort of error

Blowitupref

Quote from: greatpoint on May 30, 2021, 07:07:05 PM
Joe McQuillan was absolutely shocking in the Roscommon Kerry game. Blew it up with over a minute left to play when it was scoring difference that determined the semi-final pairings.
Don't think it made a lot of difference. Kerry +28 and Dublin +13 in the SD.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

smelmoth

Either McQuillan was wrong or you are wrong.

Every Gael with a grasp of fact and logic knows that McQuillan was right.

I assume "Great Point" is a nomenclature rooted in satire?

seafoid

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 30, 2021, 07:00:05 PM
I don't remember it becoming part of Kerry's match tactics from then on.

The GAA is in a very weak position
Most of its income comes from the all Ireland , the crowds and the associated spending

I.don't understand why the other counties accept what is happening.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macker15

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2021, 06:47:26 PM
RTÉ

"70 mins Galway 1-14 Dublin 1-16
The Dubs superb in keeping the ball. "

My first football match was in 1981 . I never saw gaelic football teams playing keep the ball from the opposittion for the last 5 minutes until the 6 in a row  Dubs came along

Football is banjaxed.

When dont opposition push up instead if letting the jackeens keep the ball??

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2021, 08:02:50 PM

Most of its income comes from the all Ireland , the crowds and the associated spending

Well, that's a different point than you made initially.  You're still wrong, but it is different.

As I'm sure you do actually know, possession football is a tactic designed to draw out a blanket defence when the defending team is losing.  Without that style of defence, there wouldn't be the possession game.

greatpoint

Quote from: smelmoth on May 30, 2021, 07:23:42 PM

Either McQuillan was wrong or you are wrong.

Every Gael with a grasp of fact and logic knows that McQuillan was right.

I assume "Great Point" is a nomenclature rooted in satire?

I bet you thought that sounded witty when you typed it all out pet.

seafoid

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 30, 2021, 08:23:09 PM

Well, that's a different point than you made initially.  You're still wrong, but it is different.

As I'm sure you do actually know, possession football is a tactic designed to draw out a blanket defence when the defending team is losing.  Without that style of defence, there wouldn't be the possession game.
I don't remember Kerry doing it
I just think the Dubs have destroyed the sport with the assistance of the GAA.
Playint keep.the ball ahould be outlawed.
They will walk another all Ireland this year. Things like this never get better.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

galwayman

Quote from: seafoid on May 30, 2021, 09:35:34 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 30, 2021, 08:23:09 PM

I don't remember Kerry doing it
I just think the Dubs have destroyed the sport with the assistance of the GAA.
Playint keep.the ball ahould be outlawed.
They will walk another all Ireland this year. Things like this never get better.
Not sure I agree. If they meet Kerry in an AI final, they might win, but they certainly won't walk it in my opinion. Kerry took them to a replay two seasons ago don't forget and have the ability to beat them on their day. They will walk Leinster absolutely but beating Mayo in a semi final and Kerry in a final is not a foregone conclusion.

manfromdelmonte

We'll soon need a shot clock like in basketball

Dublin and Kerry the masters at screening off defenders and pulling/blocking runs for their forwards

macker15

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 30, 2021, 10:11:18 PM
We'll soon need a shot clock like in basketball

Dublin and Kerry the masters at screening off defenders and pulling/blocking runs for their forwards

Why don't teams push up instead of putting 15 bodies the ball? No need for shot clocks then. Mayo and Galway handy blocking  runners too. Watch K.McLoughlin for Mayo. A pro at it.

macker15

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 30, 2021, 06:12:49 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on May 30, 2021, 05:28:11 PM
What were Roscommon like in the last ten minutes? They were keeping up with Kerry but Kerry either upped the tempo of Roscommon tired in the last ten minutes conceding 2-3 but scoring a goal themselves.

I only had half an eye on it - had it on mute on the laptop while watching the Dublin Galway game on the TV.
Kerry ran their subs and that seemed to have a big impact.
One of the Kerry subs was sent off less than a minute after coming on for a straight red.
Looked harsh from what I saw of it - wouldn't be surprised if it was over-turned.
Based on what I saw of the game there was a bit of a vibe of players on both sides minding themselves for further games.
Neither side had anything to play for really - Roscommon couldn't avoid the relegation play-off and it would have required absolute freak results for Kerry not to be in the final play-off.
Roscommon had a few bads wides whereas Kerry didn't.
Kerry started slow but once they went ahead Roscommon never really looked like winning it.

Morley red card will overturned. Nothing malicious in it.

blanketattack

Quote from: armaghniac on May 30, 2021, 03:36:50 PM
Likely Dublin will beat Donegal and the issue won't arise

Issue also occurs if Kerry win their semi-final

For 3rd season in a row Kerry top the Div 1 table (combining North and South tables for 2021)