Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on May 30, 2021, 03:36:50 PM
Likely Dublin will beat Donegal and the issue won't arise
A dead rubber game from Donegal's perspective, from now on their full focus is on preparing for the championship.

Blowitupref

Half times

Roscommon 0-7 Kerry 0-10
Galway 0-8 Dublin 0-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on May 30, 2021, 02:46:23 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 30, 2021, 02:25:39 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 30, 2021, 01:14:49 PM
what an absolute stupid rule that league final probably wont be played if they are playing the week after.

What rule is this then?
The rule basically is that it would be unfair on Donegal to play in the league final one week, then the preliminary round of Ulster the following week. Therefore, if they get to the league final, they will be awarded the league jointly with the other finalist. 

Same applies to any other teams in the same position in the other divisions. Not sure if there are any games apart from the Ulster prelim scheduled for the week after league final weekend.

Mayo v Sligo is on that weekend too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Boycey on May 30, 2021, 03:42:39 PM
It's something I wasn't aware of either and came up in commentary of Mayo match earlier. I'm nearly sure they said there would be no League Final should Kerry be in it either?

Yeah same thing applies for Kerry - The Ulster Council at least have some excuse with Donegal's game being a preliminary round game. The Munster Council could easily have pushed back the Kerry Clare game to the following weekend.

galwayman

For the love of God can we please work on a kickout strategy by the time C'ship comes

Mayo Border

Johnny Cooper drops the knee into the ribs there. He just cant resist an opportunity. Card given is yellow- why not red

Solo_run

What were Roscommon like in the last ten minutes? They were keeping up with Kerry but Kerry either upped the tempo of Roscommon tired in the last ten minutes conceding 2-3 but scoring a goal themselves.

macker15

Quote from: Mayo Border on May 30, 2021, 05:02:29 PM
Johnny Cooper drops the knee into the ribs there. He just cant resist an opportunity. Card given is yellow- why not red

The O'Connor brothers would of been proud of that one!

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on May 30, 2021, 04:59:16 PM
For the love of God can we please work on a kickout strategy by the time C'ship comes
Painful to watch all game, the first Dublin goal was shambolic but directly came from a Dublin free mark because the kick out was just punted down the middle to no one by Power, the camera from behind the goal was able to show just how poor Galway are on kick outs all game long..

Dublin with half a team eased through that after the first water break, Galway are nowhere near top level at the minute, job on to stay up now but they have a chance at least.
Just cannot keep Comer fit and on the pitch, we do not have the panel to replace players like that.

Jell 0 Biafra

Top notch performance from Walsh.  If Comer is fit during the summer, the two of them could notch up some big scores.

macker15

Galway won't be anywhere near Mayo level come Connacht Final. Really struggle on their own restarts. Benny Power struggled when the dubs pressed up today.

Blowitupref

Div 1 semi-finals

Dublin v Donegal
Kerry v Tyrone

Relegation play offs

Roscommon v Armagh
Monaghan v Galway

No real surprises with those match ups.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Solo_run on May 30, 2021, 05:28:11 PM
What were Roscommon like in the last ten minutes? They were keeping up with Kerry but Kerry either upped the tempo of Roscommon tired in the last ten minutes conceding 2-3 but scoring a goal themselves.

I only had half an eye on it - had it on mute on the laptop while watching the Dublin Galway game on the TV.
Kerry ran their subs and that seemed to have a big impact.
One of the Kerry subs was sent off less than a minute after coming on for a straight red.
Looked harsh from what I saw of it - wouldn't be surprised if it was over-turned.
Based on what I saw of the game there was a bit of a vibe of players on both sides minding themselves for further games.
Neither side had anything to play for really - Roscommon couldn't avoid the relegation play-off and it would have required absolute freak results for Kerry not to be in the final play-off.
Roscommon had a few bads wides whereas Kerry didn't.
Kerry started slow but once they went ahead Roscommon never really looked like winning it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Solo_run on May 30, 2021, 05:28:11 PM

Two goals conceded from switching off as the Roscommon defence often does. Kerry was bringing on like for like replacements while the Rossies team got weaker with each sub made.

seafoid

RTÉ

"70 mins Galway 1-14 Dublin 1-16
The Dubs superb in keeping the ball. "

My first football match was in 1981 . I never saw gaelic football teams playing keep the ball from the opposittion for the last 5 minutes until the 6 in a row  Dubs came along

Football is banjaxed.