China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on May 31, 2021, 01:44:17 PM
Its one thing to have huge numbers of people bunched together during a pandemic. But sh+teing in peoples door ways & streets is disgusting. Even when pubs / nightclubs open, people will piss anywhere bar the urinal, sh+te half way up a wall, break cisterns etc. Pig ignorant types. For all the alleged sophistication of the new Irish with drink / drugs some of us are still feral shit+bags. Not just Dublin yokes, all over the country.

DCC and The Gov need to get their act together. Expecting young people to sacrifice another year of their lives isn't going to happen. They be better to open hospitality with mitigations and push on with the Vaccine rollout. Young people are rightly fed up. They're living at home, they can't buy or rent a house, all pubs and clubs are closed and now they want to close streets and parks. It's dystopian stuff.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2021, 10:02:10 AM
Its one thing to have huge numbers of people bunched together during a pandemic. But sh+teing in peoples door ways & streets is disgusting. Even when pubs / nightclubs open, people will piss anywhere bar the urinal, sh+te half way up a wall, break cisterns etc. Pig ignorant types. For all the alleged sophistication of the new Irish with drink / drugs some of us are still feral shit+bags. Not just Dublin yokes, all over the country.

DCC and The Gov need to get their act together. Expecting young people to sacrifice another year of their lives isn't going to happen. They be better to open hospitality with mitigations and push on with the Vaccine rollout. Young people are rightly fed up. They're living at home, they can't buy or rent a house, all pubs and clubs are closed and now they want to close streets and parks. It's dystopian stuff.

All of that is true, however it's no excuse for gouger behaviour from tramps.

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on June 01, 2021, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 01, 2021, 10:02:10 AM

All of that is true, however it's no excuse for gouger behaviour from tramps.

Totally but the lack of toilet facilities is stupid. At soccer training the council closed the pavilion. No toilets at training. Result is that the boys are pissing in the hedge near a walk and the girls have to go into one of the coaches houses. You if someone actually thought about a few things before they did it. There's talk of closing streets in Dublin next weekend for the bank holiday. What do they think will happen? Those people will be driven to another outside area if the weather is good and to house parties if it isn't. They certainly won't stay at home.

Louther

There is some very closed thinking by DCC and other authorities in these situations.

There has to be some forward thinking and facilitation rather than the attitude of just close everything or kick the can down the road.

Firstly there will always be people who don't care what's in place, they'll act how they want, leave rubbish, break glass, ignore toilets, etc etc.

But by not having some level of control of the situation then everyone or majority will fall into that category. You can't tell people to do one thing with little alternative and then criticise them for doing it. Work with them. Dublin and most Irish towns and cities aren't blessed with large open civic spaces that can be used. So majority will gather in open streets or public parks.

But give them some chance to be responsible - bins, toilets, etc. It's only common sense. Costs as much to clean up I'm sure. Don't allow glass in certain areas - plastic bottles, cans, plastic cups etc only.

Few suggestions that if pubs serving take away drinks should make their toilets available.

Irish solution seems to be to close everything.

Milltown Row2

Talk of a third wave in the UK, though the numbers are low and there was no reported deaths in England NI. and Wales yesterday, with only one reported death in Scotland they will have to use these figures as a means to decide closing stuff down again (though I can't see Boris ever doing another full lockdown)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

I'm not a festival goer, but would a swamp of plastic bags, empty bottles and tins, food wrappers and faeces not be the normal and expected early morning vista during/after a music festival?

There has to be a tipping point for events such as those, where it's more welcome, efficient and practical to organise a large scale clean-up than to actively police and persuade litter control.

Dublin County Council should have enough sense to coordinate this; that's their civic role. But sure isn't  it easier to blame young uns.

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2021, 12:58:16 PM
Talk of a third wave in the UK, though the numbers are low and there was no reported deaths in England NI. and Wales yesterday, with only one reported death in Scotland they will have to use these figures as a means to decide closing stuff down again (though I can't see Boris ever doing another full lockdown)
It's a GB problem rather than a UK one and in reality it's an English urban problem (with a shout to Glasgow). NI seems to be avoiding the Indian variant surge, some very healthy Covid stats released today.🤞

seafoid

If Covid spreads beyond the capacity of the UK to control it there will be another lockdown
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on June 01, 2021, 04:02:39 PM
If Covid spreads beyond the capacity of the UK to control it there will be another lockdown

Only 4 ppl over the age of 80 in the past 7 days have tested positive. It looks like the vaccination programme is working. Hospitalisations are down, only 20 inpatients. Belfast and Southern trust with no new inpatients in last 14 days.
That's it. Everything should be back to normal by July.

imtommygunn

Numbers are going up in Britain which is a worry. Usually when that happens it will effect here somehow. They do however need to start assessing lockdowns based on hospital cases not positive cases. I would be hopeful we'd be ok though I do see the UK starting to get banned from travelling places.

Dire Ear

Numbers in Tyrone here creeping up I believe

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 01, 2021, 06:08:57 PM

That's cause Angelo is off the board and polluting the Tyrone county!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 01, 2021, 04:13:00 PM
Numbers are going up in Britain which is a worry. Usually when that happens it will effect here somehow. They do however need to start assessing lockdowns based on hospital cases not positive cases. I would be hopeful we'd be ok though I do see the UK starting to get banned from travelling places.

A substantially increasing rate is never a good thing, they should aim to keep things fairly stable even if it means postponing opening things for a week or two in some districts.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Eh??
Darren Marshall BBC twitter feed

#Coronavirus
Mid Ulster council area's seven day incidence rate is now 25.8 per 100,000 - the lowest rate recorded there in more than more than eight months.

It peaked at 942 / 100,000 in January.

#Dungannon #Coalisland #Stewartstown #Cookstown #Magherafelt #Maghera #Moy https://t.co/HZ0EyCy6Yb

Tuesday, June 1st

📊7 day rate: 24.4 / 100k

🦠+54 new cases
🦠0 deaths

🔹+8 Belfast
🔹+7 Armagh, B&C
🔹+7 Newry M & Down
🔹+6 Antrim & N'abbey
🔹+5 Derry Strabane
🔹+5 M&E Antrim
🔹+5 Mid Ulster
🔹+3 Causeway
🔹+3 Ferm & Omagh
🔹+1 Lisburn & C'reagh

🔹+4 Ards & N Down

trailer

Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2021, 06:56:03 PM

Eh??
Darren Marshall BBC twitter feed

#Coronavirus
Mid Ulster council area's seven day incidence rate is now 25.8 per 100,000 - the lowest rate recorded there in more than more than eight months.

It peaked at 942 / 100,000 in January.

#Dungannon #Coalisland #Stewartstown #Cookstown #Magherafelt #Maghera #Moy https://t.co/HZ0EyCy6Yb

Tuesday, June 1st

📊7 day rate: 24.4 / 100k

🦠+54 new cases
🦠0 deaths

🔹+8 Belfast
🔹+7 Armagh, B&C
🔹+7 Newry M & Down
🔹+6 Antrim & N'abbey
🔹+5 Derry Strabane
🔹+5 M&E Antrim
🔹+5 Mid Ulster
🔹+3 Causeway
🔹+3 Ferm & Omagh
🔹+1 Lisburn & C'reagh

🔹+4 Ards & N Down

No as this proves numbers are well down and inaccurate commentary is unhelpful.