Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I'm not the one defending wrongs done by the old IRA but you and the other Provo supporters won't accept criticism of your heroes.
Your only reaction is  But the old IRA....
From what I've read of Dunmanway (not Harris) some were said to be informers, more was likely naked sectarianism but didn't Collins or other Senior people go down and stopped it?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2021, 11:50:50 PM
I'm not the one defending wrongs done by the old IRA but you and the other Provo supporters won't accept criticism of your heroes.
From what I've read of Dunmanway (not Harris) some were said to be informers, more was likely naked sectarianism but didn't Collins or other Senior people go down and stopped it?

I've often criticised certain PIRA actions as unjustifiable and have no problem whatsoever in doing so. Seems to me as more a case that many southern posters here will refuse to criticise the Old IRA and get very defensive when their own metrics for applying the "terrorists" label to the PIRA are found to be equally suited to the Old IRA. My position is entirely consistent: both groups carried out unjustifiable actions but neither group was terrorist.

Angelo

Where's your condemnation of the Old IRA though? Never seen any of it.

You will vilify the PIRA but your sanctimonious virtue signaling runs hollow when you are probed about how sincere your values actually are.

Then again, you vote for a FG bagman so this sort of stuff is to be expected.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2021, 04:26:12 PM
Johnny C, an awful lot of them were identified in correspondence spotted in Dublin Castle.
They got short shrift once they were apprehended.
But even if Collins, Breen,Barry etc were total psychopaths it still didn't give the Provos carte blanche for blowing passers by to bits, or murdering Gardai, or the sectarian murder of Senator Fox etc.
If I'm done for speeding not much point telling the Guard that his oul fella used to beak the speed limit.

My god, you'll say anything other than the fact that they were murdered, short shrift indeed, a smack round the ear was it?

Rossfan

They were executed by the Army of Dáil Éireann.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on May 13, 2021, 12:25:33 PM
They were executed by the Army of Dáil Éireann.

Tell me about Kevin O'Higgins. Tell us about when the FF IRA went and murdered a sitting FG IRA minister.

Are you ignorant of your state's own bloody history or just embarrassed by it?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Snapchap on May 13, 2021, 12:00:34 AM

I've often criticised certain PIRA actions as unjustifiable and have no problem whatsoever in doing so. Seems to me as more a case that many southern posters here will refuse to criticise the Old IRA and get very defensive when their own metrics for applying the "terrorists" label to the PIRA are found to be equally suited to the Old IRA. My position is entirely consistent: both groups carried out unjustifiable actions but neither group was terrorist.
+1
Have to totally agree
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sid waddell

My position is entirely consistent: both groups carried out unjustifiable actions but neither group was terrorist.
You're impossibly deluded

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 11:39:50 AM
My position is entirely consistent: both groups carried out unjustifiable actions but neither group was terrorist.
You accused me of being "into dead children" and made a false allegation that another poster accused you of child rape. Stop trying to engage with me, you lowlife.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 11:58:16 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 11:39:50 AM
You accused me of being "into dead children" and made a false allegation that another poster accused you of child rape. Stop trying to engage with me, you lowlife.
You just keep reminding people of what you're into, like a good lad!

Bombing Harrods

Terrorism or not terrorism?

dublin7

O'Neills have released a new jersey to comemerate Michael Collins and apparently it's providing very popular.

https://www.oneills.com/michael-collins-commemoration-jersey-green-gold-white.html

I personally won't be buying it as I think it's a bit tacky but seeing as the northern posters keep comparing the old IRA to the 70s version which IRA volunteer do they think will be the first to have a commemorative jersey?

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on May 15, 2021, 12:04:46 PM
O'Neills have released a new jersey to comemerate Michael Collins and apparently it's providing very popular.

https://www.oneills.com/michael-collins-commemoration-jersey-green-gold-white.html

I personally won't be buying it as I think it's a bit tacky but seeing as the northern posters keep comparing the old IRA to the 70s version which IRA volunteer do they think will be the first to have a commemorative jersey?
It would be great if they could commemorate some of the unfashionable ones through fashion

Brendan Burns
Thomas Begley
The lads who kidnapped Shergar
Mickey McKevitt

And you can't cut the INLA out of this, that would be airbrushing history
Gerard Steenson surely deserves one

And what about the IPLO? I want me a nice Jimmy Brown commemorative jersey

Snapchap

Ah it's Dublin7. The man who says it was wrong of the IRA to plant bombs in England and that the PIRA bombing London's Docklands was "terrorism", but then when he finds out that Michael Collins ordered the bombing of Liverpool docks, proclaims that that was just, and I quote: "taking the war to the occupier".

Halfwit  ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 12:18:54 PM

Ah it's Dublin7. The man who says it was wrong of the IRA to plant bombs in England and that the PIRA bombing London's Docklands was "terrorism", but then when he finds out that Michael Collins ordered the bombing of Liverpool docks, proclaims that that was just, and I quote: "taking the war to the occupier".

Was Warrington wrong?

dublin7

Quote from: sid waddell on May 15, 2021, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 15, 2021, 12:18:54 PM

Was Warrington wrong?

Collins fought to remove an occupying force from Ireland.
The French resistance fought to remove the Nazis from occupied France. Both Collins and the French resistance are admired and respected by the people of Ireland and France. That's probably because the old IRA didn't focus their campaign in England and the French resistance didn't launch a bombing campaign in Germany and they actually achieved something.

The PIRA from the 70s don't have anything close to that respect. Even Bobby Sands is remembered for the hunger strike and not his PIRA terrorist acts.