62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ned on April 20, 2021, 07:54:17 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2021, 07:41:05 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2021, 11:59:39 PM
Celtic are a  top 10 european club, supported by  football fans in massive numbers as defined by actual participation,  that's why the club built a 63,000 seater stadium decades ago.

What idiot would opine that the definition of a bona fide football club fan as being one of a hundred million tv viewers in China/Outer Mongolia/Bihar et.c.
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 19, 2021, 06:03:37 PM
Celtic or Rangers are not on this list of top supported clubs

https://thefootballlovers.com/top-10-football-clubs-with-the-most-fans-in-the-world/

Is there another link you could post to show it differently. I'm not being funny I know match day ( I've been plenty times) it's busy and my cousins are mad for selling tickets but you can get to Parkhead a lot easier than the likes of Utd Liverpool

Can you show me that link?

You are on the internet, a couple of searches and you are there. Celtic regularly feature in top ten average attendances and are up there also for matchday revenue.

I put up a link which they were not in the top ten. I'd like to see one where they are, I'm not disputing it, I'd just like to see where it is
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ned on April 20, 2021, 12:54:20 PM
Quote from: general_lee on April 20, 2021, 10:49:05 AM
MR your link doesn't even include Dortmund so automatically it's bullshit.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/477635/best-supported-clubs-aggregate-attendance-celtic-liverpool-manchester-united/amp/

And is about facebook, Instagram and Twitter followers not actual bums on seats fans.

So is it bums on seats or worldwide support?

ned

Quote from: dublin7 on April 20, 2021, 08:11:18 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 19, 2021, 11:59:39 PM
Celtic are a  top 10 european club, supported by  football fans in massive numbers as defined by actual participation,  that's why the club built a 63,000 seater stadium decades ago.

What idiot would opine that the definition of a bona fide football club fan as being one of a hundred million tv viewers in China/Outer Mongolia/Bihar et.c.

Celtic were a top European club back in the sixties and were competitive in Europe in the early noughties.

Celtic had merchandising income in 2020 of approx £15m.
Spurs had merchandising income in 2020 of approx £22m.

With the global tv coverage of the EPL clubs like Spurs are more well known and supported than Celtic. Just because a club has a big stadium capacity it doesn't make it a big club in europe anymore

That's the kicker, global TV coverage and insane tv revenue are what drives their "bigness" not what the club are or have achieved.

ned

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2021, 12:56:32 PM
Quote from: ned on April 20, 2021, 12:54:20 PM
Quote from: general_lee on April 20, 2021, 10:49:05 AM
MR your link doesn't even include Dortmund so automatically it's bullshit.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/477635/best-supported-clubs-aggregate-attendance-celtic-liverpool-manchester-united/amp/

And is about facebook, Instagram and Twitter followers not actual bums on seats fans.

So is it bums on seats or worldwide support?

Both but followers on Instagram does not mean an actual fan of that club.

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2021, 08:06:16 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 19, 2021, 11:57:18 PM
Eddie Howe to Spurs?

A more likely scenario would be Rodgers to Spurs and Howe to Leicester
Can't see Rogers taking such a step back. Leicesters future looks much brighter than Sours.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2021, 08:05:39 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 19, 2021, 10:49:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2021, 10:31:49 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 19, 2021, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2021, 10:16:21 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2021, 10:14:58 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 19, 2021, 09:50:06 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 19, 2021, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 19, 2021, 09:14:49 PM
Sooo record is 1 European cup 50 odd years ago. Been anonymous ever since.
Abysmal European performers would be more apt.

Got to the final abs two semi finals in the few years after 1967. Hardly anonymous is it
Yes, absolutely anonymous ever since winning it once 50 odd years ago.
You're the one that brought up Celtic having won more titles than teams that are in the ESL like Spurs and Arsenal. They've been to finals and semi finals too but the only difference is Celtic won it once. They're not top performers either. So by your own logic, winning is all that matters, and Celtic have won it once 50 odd years ago and been anonymous ever since. They can barely make any headway in the Europa league.

Winning it. Getting to a final and 2 other semifinals in an 8 year period would be top performing. I don't see anyone saying we are currently wary top performers. Or anything close. When did Spurs get to CL finals? Arsenal have been to one final and one semi final. Celtics record is better than that

I just remembered. Spurs have been to one final. They also made the semi finals in the 60s. A great record
A great record now because you've caught yourself out ;D
The only difference is Celtic won it. It's not top performing, you won it once and you were the one that felt the need to bring up winning records. So by your own logic, the beaten final and semi finals are irrelevant. One title in history.
Poor European performers in general and abysmal as of late. Fact

Two separate points here.
The first point I made was that Celtic have won more European cups than quite a few of those clubs combined.
The second point that Celtic were once top performers. This was disputed. I have put up some stats to show they were once top performers.
And yes. Abysmal as of late. In fact. What's worse than abysmal?
I get that, and I've addressed them. Taking on board your first point that they have one title. And for that reason they cannot be considered top performers because they've only won one title. It's that simple

The statement was they were once top performers. Which they were. I mean forgetting everything else, in 1967 they won the competition. They were literally thee top performer that year
Jesus Christ it's like Angelo has hacked your account.
Celtic are not, and were not, European top performers.
Their record is one title over 50 years ago. That is not the record of top European performers. They have been anonymous in the competition ever since. They can't even do anything in the europa league.
Maybe embarrassing European performers.

tonto1888

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 20, 2021, 02:04:04 PM

Got to the final abs two semi finals in the few years after 1967. Hardly anonymous is it
You're the one that brought up Celtic having won more titles than teams that are in the ESL like Spurs and Arsenal. They've been to finals and semi finals too but the only difference is Celtic won it once. They're not top performers either. So by your own logic, winning is all that matters, and Celtic have won it once 50 odd years ago and been anonymous ever since. They can barely make any headway in the Europa league.

Winning it. Getting to a final and 2 other semifinals in an 8 year period would be top performing. I don't see anyone saying we are currently wary top performers. Or anything close. When did Spurs get to CL finals? Arsenal have been to one final and one semi final. Celtics record is better than that

I just remembered. Spurs have been to one final. They also made the semi finals in the 60s. A great record
The only difference is Celtic won it. It's not top performing, you won it once and you were the one that felt the need to bring up winning records. So by your own logic, the beaten final and semi finals are irrelevant. One title in history.

The first point I made was that Celtic have won more European cups than quite a few of those clubs combined.
The second point that Celtic were once top performers. This was disputed. I have put up some stats to show they were once top performers.
I get that, and I've addressed them. Taking on board your first point that they have one title. And for that reason they cannot be considered top performers because they've only won one title. It's that simple

The statement was they were once top performers. Which they were. I mean forgetting everything else, in 1967 they won the competition. They were literally thee top performer that year
Their record is one title over 50 years ago. That is not the record of top European performers. They have been anonymous in the competition ever since. They can't even do anything in the europa league.

They have been too European performers in the past. I mean they won the bloody thing. But yeah, that doesn't make them top performers. Can't argue with stupid!!

johnnycool

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2021, 02:33:05 PM

They have been too European performers in the past. I mean they won the bloody thing. But yeah, that doesn't make them top performers. Can't argue with stupid!!

Nottingham Forest, are they a big club?

Just asking.

Armagh18

They were in the past which is irrelevant and are not anywhere near it now unfortunately.

GiveItToTheShooters

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

tonto1888

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 20, 2021, 06:27:28 PM

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
So by your reckoning, unless you win it you are anonymous in Europe. I'm sure PSG and Man City will be glad to know that. Just out of interest, what makes a team a top performer?

Dougal Maguire

Jesus this is kids' playground stuff
Careful now