Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Exciting enough game, played in awful conditions. Crossmaglen's quality showed through in the end.

I've been a critic of John Donaldson in a county shirt but I was very impressed by his display today. David McKenna is also coming through too, but he needs to learn to off-load the passes quicker. (He reminded me of a young Orior in that respect). Good to see Oisin working hard and getting involved. I noted the BBC said the ball was bundled over the line for a goal, but it looked like a rocket to me!

The ref spoilt things a bit in the first half as some foul  tackles were due to the conditions but overall there was no animosity and both teams concentrated on football.

Well done Ziggy. Dizzy heights eh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

What was the score in the Greencastle-Naomh Brid game?

ziggysego

J70, the score was

Greencastle 1-06 Naomh Brid 0-08

Sure is dizzy Orior, but hopefully we'll continue to climb higher ;)
Testing Accessibility

Flirtyflan

Congrats to Ziggy and our Parish neighbours Greencastle.
There will be some craic around Eddies tonight, and tommorrow and the next night and infact probably for the remainder of 2006. Well deserved!!!! ;D

ziggysego

Picture of Greencastle Captain Martin Conway and Vice-Captain Collie Tuohey lifting the Ulster Junior Championship Cup for 2006 is now posted on the Greencastle website
Testing Accessibility

seanaglis

Congrats to cross, imo the greatest club team ever. 11 Armagh titles in a row, 5 Ulsters from 5 final appearances, 3 All-Irelands from 3 final appearances! Stats speak for themselves!! Cullyhanna man gettin man of the match too!

Norf Tyrone

Well done Zig and the team.
Representing Tyrone with distinction.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dubh driocht

Hats off to Cross. Jeez- praising a Tyrone man yesterday and an Armagh team today. This peace process really is something.

dec

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1203/crossmaglen.html

Armagh's Crossmaglen Rangers were the victors in a dull match in Casement Park where they claimed the Ulster title by defeating Antrim's Ballinderry by 0-5 to 0-2.

Rufus T Firefly

Congratulations to Rangers -another great achievement, despite the fact that the team continues to change from the start of this run (1996). Well done to all concerned! 

lynchbhoy

Congrats Cross
another great win from a great team and a brilliant club

ONeill

Savage achievement altogether. They don't set the games on fire in terms of panache but they know how to win a game or two. Serious repetitive hunger.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

charlie linkbox

Is there any Cross player who has the whole haul of 11 county medals, 5 Ulster Club medals, 3 All Ireland Club medals, 6 Ulster County Medals, a National League medal and an All Ireland medal?

I'd say maybe Oisin McConville or the McEntees?

If so, that's a quare achievement.