Started by Bud Wiser, January 27, 2009, 02:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

Quote from: Tankie on January 27, 2009, 05:14:51 PM
Quote from: full back on January 27, 2009, 04:24:06 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on January 27, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
7.30 - match.
9.00 - 500,000 Euros being wasted.

FFS, why dont they have the fireworks beforehand?
Probably the only chance of getting the Dubs in on time ;)

you gotta be taking the piss, there is noway they are have the fireworks after the game!

No idea what the schedule is folks. Creative licence used.
TBH I would have though they would have been afterwards. I presume the lights are going to be down for the fireworks (there's a big dimmer switch in the Hogan stand somewhere) so in order to allow the players time to warm up on the pitch, the fireworks would need to be finished at around 7.15 odd. That would put them starting at around 6.50 or so and I can't see people heading in at that time. Of course it's hard to know if being inside the ground would be a help or a hinderance to your firework viewing pleasure.

leenie

Quote from: illdecide on January 27, 2009, 04:59:31 PM
Lads/Ladies does anyone fancy meeting up for a few jars before the match...Me, Winsam and an other are going...
where u going!

i'd imagine that the firework display will be something similar to what was seen in the millennium stadium... and it is said they will be seen all over dublin so i'd say ya'll have no problem seeing them from inside croke!

personally i do not think it is money wasted, 125 years is a big deal and they've come a long way, as for people giving out about it being at the tyrone v dublin game, everyone had opportunities to purchase tickets and tyrone are all ireland champs...

but sure ppl will give out for th sake of it.........
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Rossfan

I won't be going anyway.
Why the eff should I travel 100 miles to pay in to see a NFL game between two other Counties.
I can go to the Hyde Sunday and get in "free" with my season ticket to see my own team playing. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RMDrive

I've been told they are on before hand.

Tyrone Dreamer

It definately said in last weeks press release that they were on after it. You shouldnt have any problem seeing them, as I think you should have a view of directly above the stadium no matter were you sit.

RMDrive

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=106221

Sharon Shannon and Mundy confirmed for GAA 125 Celebratory Night
28 January 2009

The GAA have announced the full programme of events for the launch of the 125 celebrations for Saturday night the 31st of January.

Sharon Shannon and Mundy will entertain crowds as part of the celebrations at Croke Park, marking 125 years of the GAA. The pair, whose duet "Galway Girl" was the undisputed chart success of Summer 2008, will perform at half time on the night.

"The quality musical act together with an exciting game of football and also a specially designed lighting and fireworks spectacular promises to be a night to remember. So bring the whole family to mark this monumental moment in the GAA's history." Jarlath Burns Chairman of 125 Committee.

The entertainment starts at 6.30pm with Hector O hEochagain and throw-in of the Dublin v All Ireland Champions Tyrone game commences at 7.30pm. Half time entertainment will feature Sharon Shannon and Mundy and 9pm sees the start of "Iconic moments" a show featuring some GAA highlights.

The crowd will then be entertained by a spectacular lighting and firework display which will light up the whole stadium. Larry Mullen's specially designed soundtrack, incorporating a selection of contemporary and traditional Irish music, will feature Micheal O Muircheartaigh's bi-lingual tribute to the GAA which will accompany the firework display.

Get to Croke Park early to experience the full programme of entertainment. A limited number of tickets are still available, however stand tickets are almost sold out. So purchase your ticket now to avoid disappointment from the participating counties, on www.gaa.ie or from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

Ticket Prices are as follows:
Stand Eu20
Stand Juvenile(Designated sections of Davin and Cusack Stands) Eu5
(Juveniles must be accompanied by an adult)
Senior Citizens/Students (with I.D.) (Davin and Cusack Stands only) Eu10
(Must purchase full price ticket - refund available at Block D
turnstiles to rear of Cusack Stand prior to entry)
Terrace Eu15
Wheelchair and Attendant Passes Eu20
Group Passes per juvenile, 1 adult per 10 juveniles free of charge Eu3

Hound

Dammit. I was really hoping the fireworks would be on first.

Hector is hardly an enticement to get people out of the pubs and into the cold evening.

I would love to see the fireworks, but I can't see myself hanging around in the freezing cold and sitting through a video, no matter how iconic, when there is a lovely warm pub calling, in which there are friends I haven't seen in a while...

Fuzzman

Does anyone remember how the Rows are fixed in the Cusack
I know A is at the very front but when does it become covered by the roof?

Think we're in JJ which I think is behind the entrance when you come in.

I'd say a lot of people will leave after the final whistle. At least those in the hill or without children.

illdecide

well our train is at 10:00 so we would have to be carful of the time after the match, if we missed that we'd have to stay over and then that would turn into a session :o

I would say 50% of the people will leave after the game, when you think about it makes sense. How could the players breathe when fireworks have just went off everywhere before the game or at half time, it would kill the fellas...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

his holiness nb

Sharon Shannon and Mundy???

What, no spiritual experiences with Brush Shields?? FFS!!!  >:(

:D
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 28, 2009, 12:32:59 PM

See here: Croke Park Seating Plan
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hound

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 28, 2009, 12:32:59 PM

I'd say a lot of people will leave after the final whistle. At least those in the hill or without children.
First 30 rows are uncovered.

So from EE back to ZZ is covered. Of course swirling breezes can change things by a few rows.

Is Hector from Meath? He'll get some stick off the Hill if he is, whenever they decide to come out and brave the elements.

his holiness nb

Hectors from Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavan.
Ask me holy bollix