Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

The pace of players today make it impossible for defenders to play in open games. Imagine trying to deal with a prime Lee Keegan, Paddy Durcan, McCaffrey, Con O'Callaghan etc running off the shoulder at full pelt when you're on the backstep. You've no chance.

McCurry has been immense this evening.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Five point margin of defeat harsh on the effort and competitive performance Armagh delivered. The penalty miss as I expected was the games turning point.

bennydorano

Pleasantly surprised by how competitive Armagh were tbh. Tyrone middling enough but with a lot more options to come in.

SouthDublinBro

So Tyrone now have the chance to send Monaghan down to division 2. They'll be loving that.

timmyot501

If Tyrone win surely they only send monaghan to a relegation play off. Same if monaghan win Tyrone will most likely be in that play off??..... I think....

macker15

Two enjoyable games of football in D1.

macker15

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on May 22, 2021, 06:45:28 PM
Scoring 3 goals is all well and good but McCarthy missed a good chance right at the end when it mattered most.

Seriously?? ::)

Schkite

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on May 22, 2021, 08:47:15 PM
So Tyrone now have the chance to send Monaghan down to division 2. They'll be loving that.

Not really, there's a relegation playoff after the 3 regular games regardless, and that's for teams in 3rd and 4th place.

Solo_run

Armagh's lack of division 1 experience really shone through in the last 10 minutes of that match. I think they became too goal hungry instead of reduce the deficit to set up a close final few minutes.

The Armagh forwards need to show composure and the 5 subs in the first half certainly didn't help.

Oh well, it was a decent game.

Any news on Murphy?

Angelo

The penalty miss was the turning point in that game.

Very worrying how easily Tyrone were penetrated through the middle by Armagh.

Armagh clearly have the fowards to trouble teams but I think their defence and mobility around the middle will be their undoing.

They look like they will be very patched up against Donegal next week.

Wildweasel74

Keith Higgins would been the best of the old type defenders, could actually defend 1 on 1 but all the traits of the modern game to go forward

Angelo

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 22, 2021, 10:51:27 PM
Keith Higgins would been the best of the old type defenders, could actually defend 1 on 1 but all the traits of the modern game to go forward

The issue doesn't really seems to be more with half backs and half forwards not tracking men.

I actually thought McNamee and Hampsey were very solid for Tyrone today, the real issue was the runners were coming through the middle and players were abdicating tracking those runs. I think we have had a huge issue at 6 for quite some time now and have tried a number of players out there.

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 22, 2021, 10:51:27 PM

Karl Lacey was up there too. No matter how much of a hammering Donegal were getting, his man usually scored either f**k all or maybe a point or two, even though he was always marking the likes of Stevie McDonnell or Paddy Bradley (he outscored Paddy 0-3 to 0-2 in one Ulster semi :)).

Once McGuinness brought in the mass defense/speedy break approach and Paddy McGrath came through, his considerable talents were put to use further up the field.

befair

Did one of the Armagh players get a yellow card for not wearing a gum-shield? Obviously they need a bigger management team to check for these details.....

BennyCake

Quote from: befair on May 23, 2021, 02:53:22 AM
Did one of the Armagh players get a yellow card for not wearing a gum-shield? Obviously they need a bigger management team to check for these details.....

They do, but no other Ciaran's/Kieran's are available at the minute to take on that role. So I guess things like this are going to continue to happen.