Cillian O'Connor wins Golden Boot Race

Started by Angus, September 24, 2015, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Can we just go back here , my argument to you is you're being selective in your analysis of what cillian contributes to the team and this is purposely being overstated by you on this thread ie frees won . This is failing to give context to how important cillian is to mayo and how incredible of a footballer he is,  I'll repeat nine fooking turnovers as a corner forward up till Semi final .

Also you've thrown at names like McManus,  Shane walsh , Conor sweeney , Jamie clarke ...none of whom have ever even played in all Ireland final
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rosnarun

if your trying to argue against Cillian with stats  your wrong . where it counts is on the score board and that makes him the Best Ever . or The GOAT for  those who use the term
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Angelo

Quote from: rosnarun on December 17, 2020, 10:37:54 AM
if your trying to argue against Cillian with stats  your wrong . where it counts is on the score board and that makes him the Best Ever . or The GOAT for  those who use the term

Stats are likely mini skirts.....

When you delve behind the stats they are telling.

I doubt any intercounty manager in the country would take O'Connor over the likes of Murphy, McManus, Clifford, Con O'Callaghan, Geaney, Mannion, McShane etc.

Ignore O'Connor's free taking duties, he's not an elite level forward. I think the stats also say he's no longer an elite level free taker either.

Is he any better than Darren Coen from play? For me, no. I probably think Coen offers more from play if I am honest.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

larryin89

Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 11:19:45 AM

I doubt any intercounty manager in the country would take O'Connor over the likes of Murphy, McManus, Clifford, Con O'Callaghan, Geaney, Mannion, McShane etc.

Ignore O'Connor's free taking duties, he's not an elite level forward. I think the stats also say he's no longer an elite level free taker either.

Is he any better than Darren Coen from play? For me, no. I probably think Coen offers m

ore from play if I am honest.

Go home
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: larryin89 on December 17, 2020, 11:28:37 AM
Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 11:19:45 AM

Is he any better than Darren Coen from play? For me, no. I probably think Coen offers m

ore from play if I am honest.

Go home

Let's see if he posts another disappearing act in a big game this Saturday.

Angelo

Quote from: Thastheball on December 17, 2020, 01:26:22 PM
What would Tyrone not have given to have had a COC the past 7 years. Someone you could rely on for frees.

4 of the last 7.

He's been a bang average free taker since 2016.

Armagh18

Quote from: Angelo on December 17, 2020, 01:29:01 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 17, 2020, 01:26:22 PM
What would Tyrone not have given to have had a COC the past 7 years. Someone you could rely on for frees.

4 of the last 7.

He's been a bang average free taker since 2016.
Still better than anything Tyrone have!

PMG1

Cillian is 4/1 not to score from play on Saturday, put your money where your mouth is lads

reillycavan

Quote from: PMG1 on December 18, 2020, 12:56:33 AM
Cillian is 4/1 not to score from play on Saturday, put your money where your mouth is lads

Don't waste your money big game in Cillian tomorrow.  3/4 at least from play. In the form of his life.  Should nail player of the year tomorrow night.

Angelo

Quote from: PMG1 on December 18, 2020, 12:56:33 AM

Where is that?

Absolutely outstanding value.

He has failed to score from play in 3 of the previous 8 meetings and registered just a solitary score in two others.

sid waddell

What Cillian O'Connor has possibly more than any forward in history is an elite attitude

He is not the most naturally talented forward in the game and far from it

But he has confidence and moxey in spades and a supreme work ethic and leadership skills, and he must be the most annoying player in Ireland to play against, he's narky as hell and cute as a fox

All that enables him to punch way above his weight

O'Connor is the sort of player who loves that Dublin are as good as they are, because he sees it as the ultimate challenge to beat them

He more than any other player is responsible for Mayo having the sort of gang mentality you need

Coincidentally, or not so coincidentally, Mayo's rise started the same year O'Connor came into the team and straight away he took on the mantle of team leader, as a 19 year old

O'Connor's equalising point against Dublin in 2016 is one of the greatest scores I've ever seen - he demanded the ball, made the opening himself and went for it, it was almost psychopathic in its confidence

His equalising score at 1-16 apiece the following year was almost as good

And when he has failed, he has dusted himself down and gone harder again

A remarkable player and man

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on December 18, 2020, 09:57:36 AM
What Cillian O'Connor has possibly more than any forward in history is an elite attitude

But he has confidence and moxey in spades and a supreme work ethic and leadership skills, and he must be the most annoying player in Ireland to play against, he's narky as hell and cute as a fox

O'Connor is the sort of player who loves that Dublin are as good as they are, because he sees it as the ultimate challenge to beat them

He more than any other player is responsible for Mayo having the sort of gang mentality you need

Coincidentally, or not so coincidentally, Mayo's rise started the same year O'Connor came into the team and straight away he took on the mantle of team leader, as a 19 year old

O'Connor's equalising point against Dublin in 2016 is one of the greatest scores I've ever seen - he demanded the ball, made the opening himself and went for it, it was almost psychopathic in its confidence

A pity he struggles from open play so much.

StephenC

Quote from: Angelo on December 18, 2020, 10:07:39 AM

What does the finish line in this argument look like to you? When people agree with you? When people stop replying cause you've worn them down? Or is it the case that it's the process of arguing that is fueling you rather than any actual conclusion/victory? It's interesting reading you on this thread and on the SF thread - your energy for an argument is boundless and you put a lot of effort into it. But, out of interest, what is it all for?

Angelo

Quote from: StephenC on December 18, 2020, 10:26:59 AM

What does the finish line in this argument look like to you? When people agree with you? When people stop replying cause you've worn them down? Or is it the case that it's the process of arguing that is fueling you rather than any actual conclusion/victory? It's interesting reading you on this thread and on the SF thread - your energy for an argument is boundless and you put a lot of effort into it. But, out of interest, what is it all for?

When people who are wrong admit they are wrong.

What do you disagree with what I've said on O'Connor?

It also takes two people to argue.

StephenC

Quote from: Angelo on December 18, 2020, 10:28:31 AM
Quote from: StephenC on December 18, 2020, 10:26:59 AM

When people who are wrong admit they are wrong.

What do you disagree with what I've said on O'Connor?

It also takes two people to argue.

;D ;D ;D
Not a chance you are dragging me into this! There are very few things I care about enough to argue about them with strangers on an internet forum. And COC is definitely not one of them.