Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Connor McAliskey scored 4-8 today which is some going and Teamtalk asking if it's a record but pretty sure Lee Brennan scored 3-14 against Strabane in 2017?
Can mind Eoin Gormley running up big scores for Errigal a few times and Johnny Lafferty used to run up similar massive scores for Urney.

PeterEli

Could anyone confirm the format for relegation/ promotion playoffs? Is it the same as last season? Last year Derrylaughran finished 16th, resulting in automatic relegation, Clonoe finished 15th and had to travel to 14th place Moy in play off, resulting in a Moy victory. Moy then played division 2 pronation play off winners Edendork, Edendork winning AET.
Is this the same format this year? I heard there was a proposal to change format of play offs but not sure if that passes or if it is for next season. I don't have a horse in this race, just curious, a lot of twists and turns over the next 3 weekends.

Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2023, 10:15:03 PM
Connor McAliskey scored 4-8 today which is some going and Teamtalk asking if it's a record but pretty sure Lee Brennan scored 3-14 against Strabane in 2017?
Can mind Eoin Gormley running up big scores for Errigal a few times and Johnny Lafferty used to run up similar massive scores for Urney.

Did Stephen Donnelly from aghaloo get a big double digits point score v the rock years ago ?

Tyrone95

Quote from: Jerome on August 20, 2023, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: Tyrone11234 on August 20, 2023, 08:59:54 PM
Clonoe basically secured the league Divison 2 league after beragh got well beat by Moy. Things looking tasty in Div 1- a moortown win tomorrow night wouid leave the Fianna bottom with their game with Edendork looking more and more important. Greencastle have the head to head over Fianna however moortown don't so it's vital they get points off an Errigal side who have an eye on championship. Wouid still fancy Coalisland in a playoff with Greencastle however the team coming up will give them bother

No division 2 playoff team will beat the D1 team

I would not be so sure, Coalisland were on the end of a 5 or 6 point hammering yesterday & still tried to blame Cathal Forbes for their sheer lack of indiscipline and fitness. The old guard of mackers, kane, kerr etc all have ran their race and they even had to take their GK out the field and play him at FF with their lack of depth / subs.  Never seen an established D1 team struggle in that way before.  IMO the writing is on the wall for the Fianna (if not this year). It would be a shame as they were always one of the most feared teams on their day.   

square_ball

From talking to a few Coalisland people at the start of the year they were fearful that this was the way their year would pan out. Still light at the end of the tunnel for them this year in that they have winnable games but on current form its hard to see. As far as I can see they are full out? Its not as if they have players to come back in that are going to make much of a difference.

marty34

Mad that a big club like Na Fianna are in this position.

Is it that they have not put the work in at underage or has no new talent come through this past few years?

GaaGPT

Surprised nobody is questioning coalisland management. When a big team is near the bottom this is usually what they blame

square_ball

Yeah it is a strange one. They've never lacked numbers at any level though their youth teams have been playing grade 2 and 3 over the last number of years without much success really. With the squad still available they should be doing better there is no doubt. 3 county defenders (2 of them probably Tyrones best defenders this year) and throw in the likes of Mchugh, the 2 x Quinns, Leonard, Herron, O'Hagan and the other experienced heads like Kane and Mackers. Thats not a bad starting point for a team. Maybe it is a management issue. . .

RedHand88

At the minute I'd back Pomeroy, Beragh and maybe Aghyaran to give Coalisland a rattle in a playoff.

BrotherMore6592

It's a strange one , the bottom section of division 1 has definitely weakened the last few years or else top teams in division 2 have got stronger.

You wouldn't have given moortown a chance in division 1 when they went up and they've done alrifht, better than the likes of derrylaughan who finished with 1 point during a season if I recall.

Having seen aghyaran and beragh I wouldn't say they're anything special, take mchugh out of aghyaran.

Pomeroy are definitely strong when a full squad is available.

ClubScene13

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 21, 2023, 12:17:02 PM
It's a strange one , the bottom section of division 1 has definitely weakened the last few years or else top teams in division 2 have got stronger.

You wouldn't have given moortown a chance in division 1 when they went up and they've done alrifht, better than the likes of derrylaughan who finished with 1 point during a season if I recall.

Having seen aghyaran and beragh I wouldn't say they're anything special, take mchugh out of aghyaran.

Good underage work by the likes of Loughmacrory, Dungannon, Donaghmore has probably meant it's been much easier to slip into the bottom half the last 2-3 years. These are clubs that were miles off it for an entire generation, and now look like they're going to be well established the next few years. You couple that with your stalwarts like the Errigal's, KC, Dromore, Carmen, Trillick next thing your easily bottom half. Clonoe and Coalisland would have been top half at their leisure the last 15 years but it definitely seems like you need to be on it from Round 1 these days.

Agree ref Aghyaran & Beragh, if you think they could handle the Island I suggest you haven't seen them play this year.

RedHand88

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 21, 2023, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 21, 2023, 12:17:02 PM

Good underage work by the likes of Loughmacrory, Dungannon, Donaghmore has probably meant it's been much easier to slip into the bottom half the last 2-3 years. These are clubs that were miles off it for an entire generation, and now look like they're going to be well established the next few years. You couple that with your stalwarts like the Errigal's, KC, Dromore, Carmen, Trillick next thing your easily bottom half. Clonoe and Coalisland would have been top half at their leisure the last 15 years but it definitely seems like you need to be on it from Round 1 these days.

Agree ref Aghyaran & Beragh, if you think they could handle the Island I suggest you haven't seen them play this year.

True I haven't, I'm only going off results and the fact Beragh ran Clonoe so close in the table.

clarshack

If the Moy sneaked a playoff spot could they take the Fianna out in a one off game?

Eire90

are games still 7pm throw in or are they switching

TyroneClubs

Remaining games are Sundays. This Sunday 2:15/3:45 and the following 2 Sundays are standalone senior games at 2pm.