GAA attendance 2021

Started by joemamas, June 09, 2021, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

If I get to any match I'll not go near any cnut without a mask shouting and spraying germs all over me.
As for the English.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on June 21, 2021, 11:56:26 PM
If I get to any match I'll not go near any cnut without a mask shouting and spraying germs all over me.

Long before any covid few wanted any fellow supporter to be spraying his germs on them. The English are having proper 'testing" events. It's a half arsed attempt by us.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

You're going to be nice and quiet yourself so?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macker15

You probably have left after 10 minutes when The Galweigans are hammering the shite out of ye 🙄🙄

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 22, 2021, 09:16:07 AM

You're going to be nice and quiet yourself so?
I'll have me maiscĂ­n on ;)
Assuming we don't all get locked down here again....a lot of it in Athlone and Ros Town these days.

Cunny Funt

Wembley will have 75% of its capacity for the latter stages of the European championships. All that attend will have follow a number of strict entry requirements, including having a negative Covid-19 test or proof of full vaccination - two doses received, 14 days before the fixture.

The same should be done for Croke Park All Ireland semi finals and finals this August IMO but I don't expect that to happen.  Although the upcoming music concert will have rapid testing and one-metre social distancing if the same is applied for the upcoming GAA matches then more than originally planned will be allowed to attend.

Taylor

I honestly dont know anyone that is following the guidelines at sporting events/games etc - not exclusive to GAA.

I mean all club sports

joemamas

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 22, 2021, 05:03:57 PM
Wembley will have 75% of its capacity for the latter stages of the European championships. All that attend will have follow a number of strict entry requirements, including having a negative Covid-19 test or proof of full vaccination - two doses received, 14 days before the fixture.

The same should be done for Croke Park All Ireland semi finals and finals this August IMO but I don't expect that to happen.
  Although the upcoming music concert will have rapid testing and one-metre social distancing if the same is applied for the upcoming GAA matches then more than originally planned will be allowed to attend.

Why not, don't take this personally, but when GAA supporters see this, they surely should make their feelings felt.
The feel good factor of going back to an intercounty football or hurling match will be immeasurable IMO.
It is such a part of our summer heritage.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: joemamas on June 22, 2021, 06:55:48 PM

The same should be done for Croke Park All Ireland semi finals and finals this August IMO but I don't expect that to happen.
  Although the upcoming music concert will have rapid testing and one-metre social distancing if the same is applied for the upcoming GAA matches then more than originally planned will be allowed to attend.

Why not, don't take this personally, but when GAA supporters see this, they surely should make their feelings felt.
The feel good factor of going back to an intercounty football or hurling match will be immeasurable IMO.

Based on the approach that has been taken thus far by NPHET and the government and probably wanting to do it different. I think it will likely be a lot later than August before they realise the UK approach on attendances is the way to go.

Rossfan

The sight of many unmasked Biffos zitting together won't do much to convince NPHET /Government to increase permitted attendances earlier than planned.

joemamas

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 22, 2021, 07:15:14 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 22, 2021, 06:55:48 PM

Based on the approach that has been taken thus far by NPHET and the government and probably wanting to do it different. I think it will likely be a lot later than August before they realise the UK approach on attendances is the way to go.

Two Q's;
1. Why
2. How come Irish people will accept it when there is no science backing up, that vaccinated people will either give or contract covid in an outdoor setting.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2021, 07:38:17 PM
The sight of many unmasked Biffos zitting together won't do much to convince NPHET /Government to increase permitted attendances earlier than planned.

Maybe they are all vaccinated.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 22, 2021, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 22, 2021, 07:38:17 PM

Maybe they are all vaccinated.

Any Offaly supporters sitting together would be likely part of their own social bubble. If vaccinated or tested negative for covid there is a case for no masks. Indoors is the main spreader of the virus and in July we'll have homes or pubs with groups of people watching matches on TV while having near empty stadiums.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

8,000 allowed to the Leinster Hurling semi-finals this weekend. Croker would look awful with 500. Saying that, it'll look awful with only 8,000 too.

Rossfan

"They" are saying 1,050 at the Hyde next Sunday.
Meanwhile News tonight saying NPHET advice to Cabinet is "sobering".