NUI Galway v St. Mary's
Belfast; UUJ v UL
DCU v Cork IT
DIT v IT Carlow
IT Tralee v IT Sligo;
UCC v GMIT
Queen's University Belfast v NUI Maynooth
UCD v Athlone IT.

First-round matches will be played on Tuesday, January 31st or Wednesday, February 1st.
Semi-finals and final will be hosted by NUI Galway in 2012 on February 24th and 25th.

UCC the team to beat who do you guys think will win it?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rasharkin Gael

Poly got a good enough draw, though ul were pretty good last year but know little about them this year.

ck

Sligo IT have a fair team this year with a sprinkling of county talent. They are away to Tralee in first round which is probably the easiest draw. For me it's between the Leinster sides.. Carlow, Maynooth and DCU.

Blowitupref

Paddypower odds. Tralee use to be one of the top teams in this.

DCU 5/2
UCC 5/2
UUJ 4/1
QUB 7/1
DIT 9/1
UCD 11/1
NUIG 14/1
CIT 16/1
Sligo IT 16/1
NUIM 16/1
Carlow IT 20/1
GMIT 33/1
UL 33/1
Athlone IT 40/1
St. Mary's 66/1
IT Tralee 66/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ck

Not sure how the Ulster teams are such short odds. Maynooth, Cork IT and Carlow IT look great value!

onefaircounty

Maynooth look a super price there, can you do e/w on Sigerson?

Love this competition, it's excellent.

rodney trotter

Maynooth had a great run last year getting to the semis, as hosts they wanted to do well.. Is Ger Brennan still there? UUJ i think will be hard stopped, they would have won that Sigerson final against UCC if Mortimer and Jamie Clarke had been available. CJ McCourty is there this year to add more fire power and they have Connor McManus. Carlow would have a lot of laois county players and would be no push overs. Dcu. DIT AND NUI are always strong and the cork teams.

Rasharkin Gael

I think that Maynooth will be the team to beat.

Don Johnson

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 20, 2011, 12:31:13 PM
Maynooth had a great run last year getting to the semis, as hosts they wanted to do well.. Is Ger Brennan still there? UUJ i think will be hard stopped, they would have won that Sigerson final against UCC if Mortimer and Jamie Clarke had been available. CJ McCourty is there this year to add more fire power and they have Connor McManus. Carlow would have a lot of laois county players and would be no push overs. Dcu. DIT AND NUI are always strong and the cork teams.

I think I read somewhere C McManus had finished with UUJ?

onefaircounty

Quote from: Don Johnson on December 20, 2011, 02:04:39 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on December 20, 2011, 12:31:13 PM

I think I read somewhere C McManus had finished with UUJ?

He has.

Any craic

The League Final is tonight, ie, the Ryan Cup. UCC v Carlow in WIT. Last year UCC were stuffed in the same final at the same point by DIT who had just announced Paul Galvin but a month or so later the Kerryman didn't play, DIT were put out without reaching the last 8 and UCC won the Sigerson!

Blowitupref

Quote from: Any craic on January 18, 2012, 06:09:33 PM
The League Final is tonight, ie, the Ryan Cup. UCC v Carlow in WIT. Last year UCC were stuffed in the same final at the same point by DIT who had just announced Paul Galvin but a month or so later the Kerryman didn't play, DIT were put out without reaching the last 8 and UCC won the Sigerson!

Low scoring game, Carlow IT 0-7 UCC 0-8.

intheknowhow

I fancy UUJ. Good forward line but IT Carlow seem a decent outside bet!

Any craic

Here's a video report from the Final last night with interview clips with Billy Morgan and Peter Crowley - http://tinyurl.com/74wqj5n

ck

UCC look good with a Cork c/ship and Ryan cup already in the bag.