Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2023, 02:46:58 PM
I still can't understand the stuff with RTE. How does he think that his personal attacks on Sean Cavanagh, Grimley or David Gough are acceptable? How does such an intelligent guy still not get this?

I generally think he thinks most of his arguments out, but the RTE stuff seems to be when he is tackling a bottle of red wine.

yellowcard

He is a complete paradox. One minute charming, thoughtful and articulate. The next minute nasty, vindictive and downright insulting. He even managed to insult Richard Ford, a Pulitzer prize winning author, on one of his Podcasts I listened to recently. Ford sounded perplexed by his line of questioning, it actually was a bit embarrassing only that you actually couldn't embarrass Joe. No doubt he is a very clever guy, a great speaker and can be funny and generous but I think he is a bit of a narcissist also and he has definitely got worse in recent years. The RTE stuff took him out of the public eye and that must have hurt him a lot and he does love settling old scores with his tongue.

Politics would not be ready for Joe Brolly although I'd love to hear Nolan try and interview him, I might even tune back into the Nolan show for that. 

imtommygunn

He has been on Nolan. It's the only one I ever watched. It was kidney stuff though round some fleg protest time and was filled with some very angry people. Bryson was on it but this was way before he became a thing - tbh part of why he became a thing.

Wildweasel74

He doesn't get a pass from me for representing a certain Individual, that were any opinion changed of him. Forget anything from a football basis

Milltown Row2

Yet you lot still give him a platform or talk about him or listen to his podcasts

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Who us lot, when u commenting on a gaa forum page about him??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2023, 08:42:53 AM
Who us lot, when u commenting on a gaa forum page about him??

You are talking about him on his own thread here. So yeah, you. Would you care to find out how many posts you've mentioned him?

Any publicity is good publicity, as they say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 09, 2023, 02:46:58 PM
I still can't understand the stuff with RTE. How does he think that his personal attacks on Sean Cavanagh, Grimley or David Gough are acceptable? How does such an intelligent guy still not get this?

Add Marty Morrissey to that list.  There's the good side to Joe, which is the generosity of time he gives to clubs for fundraisers etc. but there's the other side that comes out more in the media.
That's just, like your opinion man.

rrhf

He's exactly what we need in politics

restorepride

Quote from: rrhf on August 10, 2023, 06:05:16 PM
He wouldn't last a month.

trailer

Is he f**k. We've enough arseholes without him spouting shite.

Tubberman

Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 11:39:08 AM

+1
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

marty34

You seem to have all the answers to everyrhing Trailer.

You'd be an ideal politician!  8)

Dire Ear

Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2023, 11:56:00 AM

+1

Exactly,  he's an attention-seeking slabber

screenexile

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 11, 2023, 03:29:47 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 11, 2023, 11:56:00 AM

+1

Exactly,  he's an attention-seeking slabber

Very in sync with the topic of this thread so . . .