Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Judge orders a third fight for Fury and Wilder throwing into doubt the August fight with Joshua

NAG1

Some craic on social media between the two boys.

Looks like Fury and his team have made a mess of this one, or maybe he doesnt even want the fight.

GetOverTheBar

Sick of both them to be honest, there is drawing it out for the takings, then there is drawing it out because they've no intention of actually doing it.

Looks like it's going to be a Mayweather / Pacman and happen 5 years after it should have went down.

nrico2006

I don't see how a judge can have such a say in the matter, Wilder missed the deadline for the third fight and that should be that.  There is hardly a big demand to see them fight again.  The worry is that now is that Fury gets caught by Wilder through complacency or whatever or that Usyk beats Joshua.  Seems to be too much money involved for it not too happen though, you would imagine it made more sense for Wilder to take a few pound to wait and face the winner.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: NAG1 on May 20, 2021, 12:12:26 PM

Looks like Fury and his team have made a mess of this one, or maybe he doesnt even want the fight.

I think Fury definitely wants the fight.

It is a right pain in the hole with all this messing that goes on.

AJ v Fury & Wilder V Usyk.........winners to meet

nrico2006

Quote from: Taylor on May 20, 2021, 02:43:17 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 20, 2021, 12:12:26 PM

I think Fury definitely wants the fight.

It is a right pain in the hole with all this messing that goes on.

AJ v Fury & Wilder V Usyk.........winners to meet

You would imagine that Fury wins in July and Joshua wins in August, then a December fight in Saudi Arabia.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Pacquiao vs Errol Spence. August 21st.

Medic

MANNY PACQUIAO WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN!!!! 50 year BOXING VETERAN says PACMAN is the G.O.A.T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlxnFbKwWyE

To paraphrase... "Money Mayweather is second to Manny Pacquiao. And his undefeated record is totally insignificant and has no meaning whatsoever"

Very passionate rant there!! 8)
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

nrico2006

Conlan struggling with the weight, would love to see him beat tomorrow night. 

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 05, 2021, 03:15:28 PM

Why would you like to see him bate?

God14

JimStynes

Quote from: God14 on August 05, 2021, 03:39:06 PM
MTK

Not be too many boxers you'd like to see win then! Boxing is run by gangsters dating back from day zero

laoislad

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2021, 03:27:59 PM

Because he's fighting a Laois man 💪 🔵⚪️🔵
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on August 05, 2021, 03:27:59 PM

Just the way he was going on at the press conference the other day over the 124lbs craic, acting the root when Doheny was simply explaining what happened. Good chance of Doheny beating him too, Conlan has made a career fighting 'c' level fighters.

I've no issue with MTK at all. All the fighters sing their praises too.

JoG2

What channel will be broadcasting this bout? Thanks