AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Only good Mayo men were S Coen and Keegan, with Durkan, and the 2 Mayo corner forwards not too bad but still guilty of misses their team needed.

J70

Quote from: red hander on September 11, 2021, 07:21:26 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on September 11, 2021, 07:15:10 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 11, 2021, 07:01:21 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 11, 2021, 06:53:43 PM
And also, without any doubt whatsoever, Lee Keegan is the greatest player never to win an All Ireland. Might well be the greatest player ever. He's just extraordinary.

Was brilliant all day bound to be sick this evening!
Have te say I agree with yous lads, an absolutely incredible footballer.

Yeah, but if a Tyrone man had done the sledging he did against McKenna in first half you'd be whining like bitches

FFS. ::)

There were plenty of Tyrone men shown mouthing away during the game.

Enjoy the win and stop whining like a bitch yourself.

SouthDublinBro

Taking off O'Hora instead of O'Shea was criminal. Horan has a lot to answer for yet again after a failed AI final.

GiveItToTheShooters

And also, without any doubt whatsoever, Lee Keegan is the greatest player never to win an All Ireland. Might well be the greatest player ever. He's just extraordinary.
The greatest player ever hahahahahhahaha

Hound

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 11, 2021, 07:25:33 PM
Only good Mayo men were S Coen and Keegan, with Durkan, and the 2 Mayo corner forwards not too bad but still guilty of misses their team needed.
Conroy was very sharp, but they didn't get him on enough ball. Albeit the poor connection for the goal chance (after a fantastic run) wasn't good.
I think the Mayo defenders (apart from the keeper) all played between reasonably well and very well. But from midfield up was a different story.

Hound

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 11, 2021, 07:36:27 PM
The greatest player ever hahahahahhahaha
Certainly in the running for the greatest defender ever. I can't think of a better one from the last 30 years, although a few you could throw in the mix.
Not good enough at kicking points or even foot passing to be in the mix for greatest player ever.

seafoid

Tyrone got Mayo to fit into their Procrustean bed.
Well done Throne.
But where in the namajaysus does this leave Mayo?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 11, 2021, 07:30:15 PM
Taking off O'Hora instead of O'Shea was criminal. Horan has a lot to answer for yet again after a failed AI final.

I completely agree. O Shea must have naked photos of Horan. First the captaincy ahead of Keegan, then two absolutely terrible performances in the semi and final.

tyrone08

Good enough game of football. May be biased but felt mayo got a few soft calls. The first was the the first point should have been called for charging, the clear black card, going down as soon as they reach the scoring zone.

Couldn't understand some of the real hype around mayo. There 2nd half against dublin involved some wonder points. They never come off all the time and mayo seemed to rely on them in the second half.

Overall I felt tyrone deserved it.

Capt Pat

They never mentioned it in commentary or on rte at all but I thought Morgan was off his goal line before the penalty was taken. Should it not have been retaken?

Wildweasel74

Tyrone deserved it, but it was not a good game of fball. Tight for spells and a good 20mins in the first half but the standard of fair was pretty poor. Tyrone not care regardless.

ONeill

What I liked about this was that the management kept McKenna on, knowing he was probably good for one moment. Same as McCurry in the semi. Under Harte, they'd have been hooked.

Excellent performances from McKernan, Hampsey, Harte and Sludden. Two mids had their best game.

Feel for Mayo people.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

Worst final defeat ever. Mayo defeated themselves. They played the occasion, not the match.

I can only rationalise it by thinking that Mayo have Stockholm Syndrome and their identity is too attached to losing finals. This is one they should never have lost. They had the winning of that match and then some. They should have been winning it by seven or eight points.

All this has to stop. It's too painful for the rest of the country, never mind Mayo.

Tyrone are the most average team to win an All-Ireland for a loooong time.

dublin7

Poor game and Mayo got found out in the 2nd half. They stumbled past the dubs bit when they needed their forwards int he 2nd half yet again they let them down.

I was amazed Mayo were favorites based on their poor forward line. Tyrone have a far more rounded team (better bench) and that was key. Some of the efforts by the Mayo forwards in the 2nd half were embarrassing and must have been heart breaking for the rest of the team as they're dominating the Tyrone kick out.

Aidan O'Shea is a great fielder but what does he work on in training? His point shooting is embarrassing for an inter county footballer.

It's a pity he never played under Jim Gavin. I genuinely think he'd have made him work on his ball skills and he'd have made him some player

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on September 11, 2021, 07:56:12 PM
Worst final defeat ever. Mayo defeated themselves. They played the occasion, not the match.

I can only rationalise it by thinking that Mayo have Stockholm Syndrome and their identity is too attached to losing finals. This is one they should never have lost. They had the winning of that match and then some. They should have been winning it by seven or eight points.

All this has to stop. It's too painful for the rest of the country, never mind Mayo.

Tyrone are the most average team to win an All-Ireland for a loooong time.

What in the name of God are you on about. Tyrone were the far better team. This glorification of Mayo needs to stop. It really does. They were very average.