FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 12, 2010, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 12, 2010, 08:28:05 PM
Blatant dive from that cheater McGeady there. I hope Slovakia win 10-1 now.

You see that might have been funny if the keeper hadn't clattered him. Try again.

Woooosh!

The Real Laoislad

Scotland 2 - 2 Spain

The Scots were 2-0 down
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J OGorman

Improvement on Friday night, but dropped off in the 2nd half. Sweet jesus, if Keane had scored. Ah well, dig deep and hopefully we can put a few good performances together and push hard for 2nd, as it looks like Russia will top the table.

Trap, for the love of god, give young McCarthy a shot @ the title

ross4life

A apology from Dunphy for his OTT description on Gibson  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mylestheslasher

Jaysus I don't know where the positives are coming from, that was pure dung. I don't care where the Slovaks are in ratings but they are a very poor side and we should have had the balls to play a bit of football and win that match. I used to think Gibson was going to be a good player but he has gone way back whatever is wrong with him. Kilbane needs to be put out to fodder he has been a great servant but just really poor on the ball. Keane was desperate, whelan has no confidence in himself to pass the ball.
Why not stick O Shea in midfield and bring in Coleman of Everton? Get Andy Reid in there, Get McCarthy of Wigan in there. That team is stale and needs serious freshening up imo.

The only time we strung 5 passes together today was when we were moving from their corner flag back to Given!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

maldini

Quote from: ross4life on October 12, 2010, 09:29:46 PM

he apologised for calling him an awful player and then went on to say he was a poor player - not much difference really

Keane's worst performance in an ireland jersey, missed 3 clear chances and his mis-control led to the corner for their goal
he needs a move in January

sammymaguire

A bit harsh myles, they were missing Duff and Doyle and Stephen Ireland  :'( I think Long was ineffective throughout, Keane looked stale, crap peno, Green should not be there, out of his depth, McGeady still lacking a final ball, Kilbane is finished although Dunne, St Ledger, Fahy, O'Shea all solid players and should be enough there to get through to another play-off

Team desperately needs a proper central midfielder

Still think Trapp should have Andy Reid in the squad too, good 20 minute man who can create
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 12, 2010, 10:02:43 PM
A bit harsh myles, they were missing Duff and Doyle and Stephen Ireland  :'( I think Long was ineffective throughout, Keane looked stale, crap peno, Green should not be there, out of his depth, McGeady still lacking a final ball, Kilbane is finished although Dunne, St Ledger, Fahy, O'Shea all solid players and should be enough there to get through to another play-off

Still think Trapp should have Andy Reid in the squad too, good 20 minute man who can create
Stephen Ireland? ;)

ross4life

Quote from: maldini on October 12, 2010, 09:59:53 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 12, 2010, 09:29:46 PM

he apologised for calling him an awful player and then went on to say he was a poor player - not much difference really

Keane's worst performance in an ireland jersey, missed 3 clear chances and his mis-control led to the corner for their goal
he needs a move in January

From what i understand he called Gibson "brain-dead" Must have been plenty of complaints to RTE that forced eamo to track back

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 12, 2010, 10:13:23 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on October 12, 2010, 10:02:43 PM

Stephen Ireland? ;)

Ok then, maybe not.

Starting XI for me would be
                        Given

Coleman Dunne St Ledger Hunt

Fahey Andrews Gibson Duff

Keane   Stokes

McGeady, Doyle, A Reid, Lawrence, McCarthy, Myler, where's Joey O'Brien?

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Surely the question up front is whether Long deserves his place ahead of Keane?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

magpie seanie

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 12, 2010, 10:50:58 PM
Surely the question up front is whether Long deserves his place ahead of Keane?

I think thats pretty clear though it will never happen.

No O'Shea in Sammy's team - must be a mistake given his earlier comments. I'd have him in for St Ledger (decent trier but an accident waiting to happen) and Long and Doyle up front but otherwise I'd go with Sammy's team. Carr also needs to be brought back if at all possible, he is playing well this last season and a bit for Birmingham and would be good cover for Coleman who looks a good one. Really like Fahey and Lawrence and McGeady are good options to have for the flanks.

ross4life

2 matches in 5 days & not another euro 2012 game till March, like who come's up with these fixtures  ::)

Anyways remaining fixtures how many can you see us winning?

March 26th Macedonia (h)
June 4th Macedonia (a)
September 2nd Slovakia (h)*
September 6th Russia (a)*
October 7th Andorra (a)
October 11th Armenia (h)

* win these should be enough to top the group IMO