FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

Was St Ledger mugged in the penalty area in the last few seconds?

Farrandeelin

Was there any contact with Robbie for the penalty? Glad we got it obviously, but they were a shambles up until that point and I hope Green and Whelan never start together again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2010, 09:48:38 PM
Was there any contact with Robbie for the penalty? Glad we got it obviously, but they were a shambles up until that point and I hope Green and Whelan never start together again.

100% agree with that post
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on October 08, 2010, 09:55:36 PM
Richard Dunne MOTM on RTE?

Aye madness... they really shouldn't feel it has to be an Irishman they give it to...

Very interesing interview from Dunne... very honest
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

GBXII

Probably the most honest post-match interview I've ever heard from a soccer player...lets hope Trap didnt understand any of it, for Dunne's sake anyway!!

gerrykeegan

Apart from the penalty, can anyone tell me why Robbie Keane was still on he pitch at the end of the game. He was utter rubbish. He fell over every time the ball came near him.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

anglocelt39

No doubt about it folks we were feckin awful. Hoofin the ball up into the air at an altitude that would have pissed off even Jack Charlton. In a funny way I'm almost glad we didn't equalise because the thought of a Facebook campaign to offer the Russians the three points after the Dive of Rob affair would have been too much. We being a nation that rates fair play above everything else and all that.
Dunne MOTM-feck

Sure maybe we can bounce back
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Main Street

Cast iron penalty, softly conceded by the defender who definitely clipped Robbie.
Usual moronic bull directed at Robbie from so called irish fans.
Lawrence, Doyle and Whelan were particularily atrocious last night but apart from McGeady and Long, the whole team from 1-11 were not at the races. I might have given the motm to the ball boy but even he was a bit slow.
Had to laugh though at Given berating the stretcher bearers to move faster and get the obviously injured played off, with more haste.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on October 09, 2010, 11:56:11 AM
Cast iron penalty, softly conceded by the defender who definitely clipped Robbie.
Lawrence, Doyle and Whelan were particularily atrocious last night but apart from McGeady and Long, the whole team from 1-11 were not at the races. I might have given the motm to the ball boy but even he was a bit slow.
Had to laugh though at Given berating the stretcher bearers to move faster and get the obviously injured played off, with more haste.
There was no contact.

Hardy

There was no contact any of the times he went down. He's vying with Duff as the most annoying Irish diver. Tiresome shite to watch. I know this stuff is endemic in the value-free world of professional soccer, but it's still annoying seeing overpaid millionaires purporting to represent our country carrying on like this.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Main Street on October 09, 2010, 11:56:11 AM

Usual rubbish from the Keane supporters, defending him to the last. Interesting to hear no chear of Keano Keano from the fans last night after he scored, all the real fans must have stayed away!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on October 09, 2010, 12:48:57 PM
There was no contact any of the times he went down. He's vying with Duff as the most annoying Irish diver. Tiresome shite to watch. I know this stuff is endemic in the value-free world of professional soccer, but it's still annoying seeing overpaid millionaires purporting to represent our country carrying on like this.

I agree.

Henry dives and he's a cheat

Keane dives and he's a hero.

You couldn't write the hypocrisy of it.

It shows where soccer is in Ireland when the only way we can score a goal against a decent side is using Wimbeldon tactics. Says everything.

Rav67

When its 3 v 2 in central midfield, and neither of your 2 midfielders could trap a bag of cement, its always going to be an uphill struggle in the possession stakes.  Cannot understand Dunne getting MOTM given that Kerzakhov had such a good game and they could have scored another 2 or 3 goals.

Dunphy's post-match comments were harsh though - Gibson is an "awful footballer" and "completely brain-dead" - wil stuff to be saying about a young footballer, although I don't rate him much either.