Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2021, 02:13:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 11, 2021, 12:46:29 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 11, 2021, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2021, 07:32:42 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 10, 2021, 07:12:40 PM
Didn't see first half v Hungary, so only catching up now that the Hungarian fans booed the Irish team for taking the knee.

What's your thoughts on this?
The Hungarian leader is a right wing authoritarian gobshite like Netanyahu.
Taking the knee is seen as a left wing thing. So the fans were contrary.

I think it's just become tedious and meaningless.

But like the poppy, if you don't wear one, you're a target for abuse. Wilfred Zaha stopped doing it,and that was grand, but if a white player declined to do it, he'd be labelled a racist.

We get it. People get racial abuse. But McClean continually gets sectarian abuse. Others get it for being ginger, bald, Scottish, Irish, Mexican, tall, short, fat, wearing glasses, etc.

Seriously?

You think this is about name-calling?

No, but there are other forms of abuse directed at players (and in life in general), which seems to have been lost and forgotten about amid this BLM campaign.

I'm not saying it's acceptable to racially abuse players, but neither is it acceptable to abuse them for their looks, build, being a certain nationality, etc.
Yes but a bit of slagging over red hair is comparable with centuries of the Black African experience of   Imperialistic  slavery,  racism, abuse, and to this day in almost every sphere of life?
Benny  what you are referrin to is called white man's racism and seriously  do you think it's in the same ballpark?

And I'm with James 100%

laoislad

What a great result that was for Bohs last night. Hopefully they can do the same in the second leg.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

general_lee

Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2021, 09:12:06 AM
What a great result that was for Bohs last night. Hopefully they can do the same in the second leg.
Kagawa of Dortmund/Man U fame on the losing side...

Billys Boots

Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2021, 09:12:06 AM

What a result against a club that are probably too big for that competition.  Fair play.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rodney trotter

Show on John  the cowboy Delaney on rte 1 now

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Capt Pat

Not many. I reckon this Ireland team is stronger in defence than it is in attack.

Itchy

Could be a tough night for us tonight, we are where we are but this is the weakest Irish panel in my lifetime.

Itchy

Passing the ball around our own box for no reason other than a principal. Idiotic.

laoislad

Can't stop diving that Fernandes fella.

dec

It is always nice watching Ronaldo missing a penalty

laoislad

rodney trotter

Capt Pat

I remember Bazunu saving a penalty for Shamrock Rovers at 16. He has form for this.

Captain Obvious

Looked like a broken ankle for O'Shea. Up now so not as bad as it looked