Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Forgot Rogic - another player who played well. Anyone know anything about this Greek striker?

StPatsAbu

Quote from: general_lee on August 19, 2021, 04:29:53 PM
Forgot Rogic - another player who played well. Anyone know anything about this Greek striker?

He's the top scorer in the Dutch league. Maybe we can hit it lucky but if teams from leagues with Sky money come sniffing we will be blown out of the water

tyroneman

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 19, 2021, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: general_lee on August 19, 2021, 04:29:53 PM

He's the top scorer in the Dutch league. Maybe we can hit it lucky but if teams from leagues with Sky money come sniffing we will be blown out of the water

Real boom or bust potential. Only Scored 30 league goals in total across the 8 seasons before last.....

JPGJOHNNYG

Neil Lennon thinks Celtics revival is due to the fans being back as opposed to the previous manager being dung. Funny that.

JimStynes

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on August 21, 2021, 03:10:18 PM
Neil Lennon thinks Celtics revival is due to the fans being back as opposed to the previous manager being dung. Funny that.
Ridiculous

JimStynes

Another impressive performance today by the looks of things

straightred

He'd be better off staying away from interviews for at least this season. The transformation this season is unreal. I watched the game today. There's been some new signings but the players that were there last year (e.g. Rogic and Turnbull) are unrecognisable now. Sorry to disappoint you Neil but that's not because of the fans

From the Bunker

Quote from: straightred on August 21, 2021, 10:30:54 PM
He'd be better off staying away from interviews for at least this season. The transformation this season is unreal. I watched the game today. There's been some new signings but the players that were there last year (e.g. Rogic and Turnbull) are unrecognisable now. Sorry to disappoint you Neil but that's not because of the fans

Last year was a series of unfortunate events. The first unfortunate event was that Lennon stayed on as Manager. The rest sort of snowballed from there.

Dougal Maguire

This match is becoming a series of unfortunate events
Careful now

bennydorano

Get the feeling we're going to have to score at least another 2 here cos Alkmaar are getting more

Main Street

Helter skelter stuff of the real scary type.  Ange has a job to prepare that team for the group stages. Joe Hart  defines the poacher's egg description.

clarshack

Result is all that matters. Celtic would have lost that game by 4 goals with Lennon in charge.

Main Street

By 6 if Lennon was in charge and Barkas in goals.

There are positives,  Hart's saves, Eddy is on the up and up, Christie, Ralston and Montgomerie  in the 2nd half.

Was that the same Alkmaar player who also skied the ball over the bar from point blank range  at Celtic Park?
That Jesper Karlson nr 11 is a very tidy technically gifted player, he would look grand in a Celtic shirt, I don't understand why he was excluded from the Swedish Euro squad.

straightred

I think Eddy staying is huge. I know Celtic can't afford to let players leave for nothing but if we got a version of Eddy that is anything like the season before last then he'd win the league for us. He made the difference last night - completely changed the game when he came on. The danger is that he will be focused and play well until Christmas, sign a pre-contract and then down tools to the end of the season. I think its worth the risk though at the league winners this year are straight into the CL group stage

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on August 26, 2021, 11:06:11 PM
By 6 if Lennon was in charge and Barkas in goals.

There are positives,  Hart's saves, Eddy is on the up and up, Christie, Ralston and Montgomerie  in the 2nd half.

Was that the same Alkmaar player who also skied the ball over the bar from point blank range  at Celtic Park?
That Jesper Karlson nr 11 is a very tidy technically gifted player, he would look grand in a Celtic shirt, I don't understand why he was excluded from the Swedish Euro squad.

Over the 2 legs Celtic thoroughly deserved to go through. Should really have had a 3 goal league after the first leg. They didn't even score a proper goal as such - they got 2 gift wrapped presents