Sigerson/Fitzgibbon draws 2013

Started by theticklemister, December 12, 2012, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

It was Richard Donnelly and Mc Kaigue at midfield!

fitzroyalty

ck

No shocks in Sigerson cup today which was disappointing.

rodney trotter

Quote from: ck on January 29, 2013, 11:19:09 PM
No shocks in Sigerson cup today which was disappointing.

Mark McHugh was a loss for Sligo against Maynooth

rodney trotter

Not a shock result though, Maynooth were in the final last year and semi's the year before.

Ucd hammered Trinity tonight 2-11 to 1-4.

Any craic

See goals from UCD v Trinity tonight in the Sigerson (Paul Cahillane & Donie Kingston) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKv50keGpeU&feature=youtu.be

ck

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 29, 2013, 11:30:51 PM
Not a shock result though, Maynooth were in the final last year and semi's the year before.

Ucd hammered Trinity tonight 2-11 to 1-4.

It has to be DCUs to loose. UCD and UCC firing too. Mark McHugh massive loss to IT Sligo. Maynooth could be dark horses

theticklemister

St. Marys have a strong team this year and had a tremendous ryan cup. I think they r up against uuc next; should be a good match.

drici

St Mary's Falls Road 1-15  IT Tralee 0-09

A FINAL quarter tour de force from Tyrone's Peter Harte helped St Mary's escape a potentially tricky situation with a flattering nine point margin at Ballykelly.

The alarm bells were ringing for the hot favourites as Tralee raced into an early lead, as they ran the ball cleverly and finished sharply.

St Mary's began to move the ball more intelligently themselves, however, and scored six consecutive points to lead by 0-07 to 0-04 at half-time.

But with Tralee having the wind in their favour in the second Half, the prospect of a shock result was still very much alive.

Harte, however, swung over a couple of points before scoring a brilliant 50th minute goal. He beat a couple of defenders on a slaloming run before exchanging passes with Danny Herron and palming to the net.

From that juncture, there was no comeback and Harte converted two frees to push his side 10 points clear.

Alan O'Donoghue slotted a late free for a gallant Tralee outfit.

SCORERS – St Mary's: P Harte 1-6 (3f), D McCusker 0-3, C Clarke, A Forker 0-2 each; N Morgan (1f), R Sexton (1f) 0-1f each; IT Tralee: S Carroll 0-3, I Corbett, A O'Donoghue (2f) 0-2 each, D Wallace, B O'Hehir 0-1 each.

ST MARY'S – N Morgan; S Mullan, N Donnelly, M Murray; D McCusker, C O'Hara, B Doyle; C Clarke, D McBride; A Forker, D Herron, N Sludden; P Harte, M Stevenson, R Sexton. Sub: D McKinless for Stevenson (43).

IT TRALEE – S Dea; M Brosnan, J Scully, D Larkin; G O'Grady, D Cahillane, S McCarthy; D Sommers, S Carroll; D Wallace, A O'Donoghue, B Goff; R Deane, I Corbett, B O'Hehir.

REF – F Barry (Kildare).

scoopmine

Suprised at Carlow IT being beaten so well with them having a GAA course? Any match report?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Did this brief report for livegaelic.com.

Athlone IT moved one step closer to taking part in the Sigerson Cup weekend they themselves will host at the end of the month with a 10 point win over a disappointing IT Carlow side today in Athlone.

While Athlone were most deserving winners and performed much better over the hour, it's also fair to say that the result could have been a lot different were it not for 30 seconds of madness in the IT Carlow goalmouth in the 22nd minute of the 1st half. With Carlow leading 0-4 to 0-2, after Ben Brosnan pointed 4 frees, a speculative high ball into the parallelogram made its way through a forest of defenders and goalkeeper Tom Hughes and finished up in the back of the net.

Then, to make matters far worse for Carlow, corner back Joe Kinahan was shown a straight red for an altercation in the aftermath of the goal. Buoyed by events, Athlone raced into a 1-6 to 0-4 half-time lead with Alan Coffey, Kieran Martin and Cathal Shine all prominent.

The second half was virtually one way traffic with Athlone suffocating their opponents, leaking only 2 points, while adding 7 themselves leaving the score at 1-13 to 0-6 when Michael Duffy sounded the final whistle.

The only sour note for Athlone was the straight red card issued to wing-forward John Mulligan late on, but despite this, they will be confident of building on this for their quarter final clash with the winners of CIT v GMIT who meet in a deferred first round game in Cork next Tuesday.

Athlone scorers - Alan Coffey (0-5), Cathal Shine (1-2, 1f), Ger Egan 0-3 (all fs), John Mulligan 0-1, Frank Burke 0-1, James McGivney 0-1

IT Carlow scorers - Ben Brosnan (0-4f), Eoin Walsh 0-1, Brian Hurley 0-1

Athlone I.T - Gary Connaughton (Westmeath), Eoin Kerins (Galway), Killian Clarke (Cavan), Colm O'Brien (Galway), Tomás Rahill (Meath), Kieran Martin (Westmeath), Levi Murphy (Cavan), Ciarán Duggan (Galway), Cathal Shine (Roscommon), John Mulligan (Leitrim), Ger Egan (Westmeath), Alan Coffey (Westmeath), James McGivney (Longford), James Dolan (Westmeath), Frankie Burke (Galway).
Subs: Diarmuid Maleady (Offaly) for Murphy, Peter Masterson (Longford) for Burke, Alan Stone (Westmeath) for McGivney.

I.T Carlow - Tom Hughes (Wexford), Joe Kinihan (Kildare), Conor Lawlor (Carlow), Alan Nolan (Wexford), Anthony Forde (Meath), Brian Kinihan (Kildare), Eoin Walsh (Galway), Richie Downey (Dublin), Conor Boyle (Laois), Marcus Mangan (Kerry), Cian Reynolds (Leitrim), Darren Hayden (Wicklow), Ben Brosnan (Wexford), Brian Hurley (Cork), Seán Gannon (Carlow).
Subs: Fergal Conway (Kildare) for Reynolds, P. Brogan (Roscommon) for Gannon, Darroch Mulhall (Kildare) for Mangan, Fiach O'Bearra (Galway) for Hurley.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

theticklemister

Well done Ciarrai;I am very interesting in finding out about what counties the teams are from. Is that Gary Connaughton the same gary who does nets for wmeath with the red hair?? If so, he is nearly as old as me for going to university!!

Drici my friend, whats the craic with the skier in the report??!!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: theticklemister on January 30, 2013, 05:59:18 PM
Well done Ciarrai;I am very interesting in finding out about what counties the teams are from. Is that Gary Connaughton the same gary who does nets for wmeath with the red hair?? If so, he is nearly as old as me for going to university!!

Yeah thats him, he returned to College late as he was out of work.

theticklemister

Hope all goes well for him. I loved when he got interviewed after games when he played for the county. Always straight to the point and no garbage. He has westmeath blood throwing through his viens.

ck

Quote from: theticklemister on January 30, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

Couldn't agree more. I love seeing where the players are from but have to say I think the press coverage is dreadful. Whilst the games are not well attended due to the fact that they are midweek and during the day people love to read and see what the make up of teams and managers are from and what is happening. I was hoping to go to a game yesterday and there was a chance it was off, I couldn't find updates anywhere. There is a large passing interest in Sigerson and we depend on media who rarely deliver.