Started by theticklemister, December 12, 2012, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

wildrover

theticklemister

Walter Cronc

rodney trotter

Athlone had a good win against Carlow IT. Athlone were outsiders to win that game at 7/4 so it was a good win. Carlow's defeat wasn't helped by losing a player in the first half. Finised 1-13 to 6pts. Athlone play Maynooth in the next round who had a close 1pt win over Sligo. 1-9 to 1-8

Other result DCU beat UL 1-14 to 8pts, St Marys beat Tralee 1- 15 to 9pts. Postponed games are on next tuesday

Edit: GAA Scores on twitter has all the scores from Sigerson, trench etc

Any craic

GAA Video - see UCC's goal in today's 1-14 to 0-9 defeat of UUJ in the Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup. http://tinyurl.com/arnuxpo

Walter Cronc

Donnelly and Mc Kaigue at midfield!!!  ::)

Lone Shark

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 29, 2013, 04:14:49 PM
Athlone had a good win against Carlow IT. Athlone were outsiders to win that game at 7/4 so it was a good win. Carlow's defeat wasn't helped by losing a player in the first half. Finised 1-13 to 6pts. Athlone play Maynooth in the next round who had a close 1pt win over Sligo. 1-9 to 1-8

Other result DCU beat UL 1-14 to 8pts, St Marys beat Tralee 1- 15 to 9pts. Postponed games are on next tuesday

Edit: GAA Scores on twitter has all the scores from Sigerson, trench etc

Scoreline really flatter AIT in this one. Despite playing with the breeze, they were 0-4 to 0-2 behind and very definitely second best when they got the goal (a fluke - a long ball  from a 50m free that the keeper let in off his chest) and immediately were handed an extra man.

They got a spring in their step and tacked on four points before half time when ITC were in disarray, and then could afford to double mark Brosnan and Hurley in the second half.

I'd still make ITC favourites if they played again next week and it makes Cork IT look nailed on for a place in the last four.

fitzroyalty

rodney trotter

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 29, 2013, 06:13:04 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 29, 2013, 05:36:10 PM
What's that for? When QUB play?

They were midfield for UUJ by the looks of it, Donnelly is usually a corner forward. Qub are playing the winners of UCD-Trinity which was called of. Would expect UCD to have too much for Trinity and also Queens.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 29, 2013, 06:22:58 PM

They were midfield for UUJ by the looks of it, Donnelly is usually a corner forward. Qub are playing the winners of UCD-Trinity which was called of. Would expect UCD to have too much for Trinity and also Queens.
Oh is that Mattie Donnelly? Thought him more of a half-forward. McKaigue plays defence am I correct?
Think St Mary's have a stronger than usual team this year, not sure what QUB are like. UCD would have too much for all teams would they not?

NP 76

Does Queens not play DCU in the next round after DCU defeated Limerick today

Any craic

See extended hilites from today's Irish Daily Mail Sigerson Cup game in Dublin, UUC v UUJ: http://tinyurl.com/bbuxzu7

rodney trotter

[
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 29, 2013, 06:40:20 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 29, 2013, 06:22:58 PM

Oh is that Mattie Donnelly? Thought him more of a half-forward. McKaigue plays defence am I correct?
Think St Mary's have a stronger than usual team this year, not sure what QUB are like. UCD would have too much for all teams would they not?
do.

Mattie Donnelly, played in the ff line with Tyrone u21's 2 years ago. THought he played ff or corner forward with UUI. He has been half forward with Tyrone Seniors. Looks better inside. McKaigue is usually a corner back, played in that Ulster team against Donegal.

I was wrong, Queens play DCU now. Not sure if Aidan Walsh has been cleared to play for them.

NP 76

Wasn't sure myself Rodney thought I read it wrong today when is that Queens game to be held