Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: oliverkelly on June 22, 2021, 11:38:54 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on June 22, 2021, 11:18:44 AM
McShane gonna be nowhere near ready for an ulster championship game. OK he had one great season at full forward (don't forget about the couple of poor seasons before that) but the man hasn't kicked a competitive ball in almost 2 years. If he is the FF starter Tyrone are in even bigger trouble than it appears.
We(Roscommon) played Tyrone in Roslea on Sunday and McShane was playing. The lads i spoke to said he was miles off it and extremely rusty as you would expect. Will take him a while to reach near his level after such a lay off. Niall Morgan i hear had another shocker and we got around 1-4 off him losing the ball or bad kickouts.

Quite unfair on Cathal to be thrown back into this level after a serious injury but no surprise.

trailer

McShane gonna be nowhere near ready for an ulster championship game. OK he had one great season at full forward (don't forget about the couple of poor seasons before that) but the man hasn't kicked a competitive ball in almost 2 years. If he is the FF starter Tyrone are in even bigger trouble than it appears.
We(Roscommon) played Tyrone in Roslea on Sunday and McShane was playing. The lads i spoke to said he was miles off it and extremely rusty as you would expect. Will take him a while to reach near his level after such a lay off. Niall Morgan i hear had another shocker and we got around 1-4 off him losing the ball or bad kickouts.

Morgan is far to error prone at this level. Tyrone should be looking for another option.

sensethetone

Quote from: trailer on June 22, 2021, 03:42:24 PM

Morgan is far to error prone at this level. Tyrone should be looking for another option.
The mid field options for him to aim at aren't great.

MC

Mc Shane has always been a very good player even before he went into full forward.
Remember it was his superb distance point against Meath that brought us level and kept us in the championship just a few years ago.
Logan mentions about bringing him back as he regains fitness - probably a good way to do that than in a challenge game.
We should expect nothing more but for him to be completely off the pace - may just make it back in time as an impact sub.

Morgan needs a bit more focus as a keeper and not get himself distracted or worse, bored - always a danger with outfield players in nets - they want to be involved.
His kickouts need to improve but I've always thought that needs to improve as a team strategy rather then just pointing at him.

trailer

Quote from: sensethetone on June 22, 2021, 04:10:33 PM

When he stood 20 yards from goal V Kerry and got lobbed that wasn't MF fault.
When he scuffed a kick out to Dublin in AIF that led directly to goal that wasn't MF fault.

He makes 3-4 big mistakes in every game.

sensethetone

Quote from: trailer on June 22, 2021, 04:58:25 PM

When he scuffed a kick out to Dublin in AIF that led directly to goal that wasn't MF fault.

He does make mistakes.

Taylor

Quote from: sensethetone on June 23, 2021, 08:09:36 AM

He does make mistakes.

No doubt he makes mistakes but unless someone can come up with an alternative then that should be that.

His kickouts are absolutely superb at times and that what is required of a modern keeper when restarting the game

trailer

Quote from: Taylor on June 23, 2021, 10:25:57 AM

He does make mistakes.

No doubt he makes mistakes but unless someone can come up with an alternative then that should be that.

His kickouts are absolutely superb at times and that what is required of a modern keeper when restarting the game

I think that is what is frustrating because when he's good he's very good. But he just has too many brain farts.

sensethetone

Quote from: trailer on June 23, 2021, 11:03:27 AM
Quote from: Taylor on June 23, 2021, 10:25:57 AM

He does make mistakes.

I think that is what is frustrating because when he's good he's very good. But he just has too many brain farts.

Too many brain farts surely, We really lack physic in our middle 8, Kick outs will be a thorn in our side.

You have to assume brain farts is why Morgan hasn't played out the pitch. An all Endendork mid-field could have been likely.

trailer

Louth bate by Offaly over 40s. Bluffer Harte found out again.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2021, 08:31:05 PM

Or Louth battle to bring a team, who are a full division ahead of them, to extra time.
That was never a square ball!!

trailer

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 28, 2021, 09:31:04 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 27, 2021, 08:31:05 PM

Or Louth battle to bring a team, who are a full division ahead of them, to extra time.

More Mass needed for Louth.

Tyrone11234

Trailer loves a good dig at Mickey Harte

Under Lights

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 29, 2021, 05:57:15 PM
Trailer loves a good dig at Mickey Harte

Let me know when he comes up with a good one

GaelTheGael

Anyone have the full squad list for Tyrone U20s?