Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2008, 09:31:36 AM
It now appears that the Connacht club final will in fact be at a Galway venue.

Anyone see the latest epistle from the comedians at FO(S)SF? Giving out about player power and praising the management selection process in Sligo in the one sentence! Embarrassing!
Comical Ali has been located then. Just pretend it never happened. In fairness, unlike our northern neighbouring brethren, we can carry out a shafting.

Tourlestrane played Killererin in the Park in 2004, hence it'll be at a Galway venue. Tuam was used last year for Killererin/Brigid's, but being the final and on TG4, Connacht may go for the wind tunnel rather than the building site.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: shapes on November 11, 2008, 12:21:44 PM
That's unfortunate that is in Galway I am going to make the journey anyway as I think they have a great chance, its unfortunate that these games are not neutral venues as the home venue makes a big difference at club level particularly for the inexperienced lads, it is usually a different club each year that gets the advantage or disadvantage based on previous county meetings. I know that Tourlestrane played Leitrim and Mayo away last year with Ballina being at home!. Corofin being such a big club will have a lot of support there.
Heard that the U20 final ended up with both teams finished warm ups and going in for the toss with the Referee insisting on calling the game off and when over ruled by management from both clubs, then spoke to Tubber about the pitch being unplayable which they then declared it as. Surely if both teams want to play, it should go ahead provided player safety is being looked after.
That's because when the Mayo CB wanted, as they seem to have a serious hard-on for, to play all club games in McHale Park, Ballina rightly told them where to go. No need to play these games in county grounds if they can be easily accommodated at smaller grounds, like Tubber, Tourlestrane or Enniscrone/Easkey here, or Ballymote if they ever do it up right. Markievicz can be a lonely place when many club games are played there too, fortunately there was a good crowd in it the last day.

That's very unfair on both teams re the U20 final, the pitches won't be much better the next day either. Why it's played in November I cannot fathom.

SLIGONIAN

Apartently there was a panel meeting the other night, 36 players i think. I just thought it was preliminary get together but the axe has been wielded already, from my club Peter Wilson has made it but Eoin Mchugh has been dropped, a bit suprised to be honest even though mchugh was poor for us in intermediate championship but was confirmed to me tonight. Dont know how serious to take it as Walsh hasnt seen anyone play so it must be the selectors choice. In the Sligo post farrysfreekick i usually ignore that part but in it he says 5 players he knows wont be involved this yr who were involved on the panel last yr. I heard too that danny o grady once harps are out is heading to OZ for a yr.

Anyone else heard anything? Anyone name the full panel please, i heard too that stenson, scanlon are on it and i dont rate either to be honest. Stenson got his chance under corrigan and was poor and scanlon didnt even start for the u21s last yr. Ewing didnt make it either aswell and hes a good cover for corner back IMO but some of the harps curry corner back impressed me. Hope Colm McGee is on it from tubber, serious potential as a breakthrough forward IMO.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

I heard that 6 or 7 were cut straight away alright but didn't hear anything more that that. 36 is a savage big number to be starting off with.

SLIGONIAN

From SLIGOGAA.ie

The Connacht Council have fixed the Connacht Club Final between Eastern Harps (Sligo) and Corofin (Galway) For Pearse Stadium, Salthill, Galway on Sunday 23rd November. Throw in is at 2.00pm.

magpie seanie

shapes

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 10:52:23 AM
I heard that 6 or 7 were cut straight away alright but didn't hear anything more that that. 36 is a savage big number to be starting off with.

It is alright Seanie and as Sligoian mentioned the cuts must have come from the selectors opinions. I would prefer that Walsh is involved in the next few cuts to slim down the panel as well as watching the senior league to identify new players.
The first 15 in the first league outing will be interesting for us.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: shapes on November 13, 2008, 02:24:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 13, 2008, 10:52:23 AM

It is alright Seanie and as Sligoian mentioned the cuts must have come from the selectors opinions. I would prefer that Walsh is involved in the next few cuts to slim down the panel as well as watching the senior league to identify new players.
The first 15 in the first league outing will be interesting for us.

Definitly will be interesting starting 15 in the NFL surely shapes, cant wait should be a few hopefully exciting changes, and if I see mcnamara CHB i will be seriously pissed off :D.

Apparatently Walsh wasnt at Harps game last weekend aswell, which disappoints me.

Teeling Gael

Have also heard that Tony Taylor is on the way to Australia as well which would be a huge blow. Harps notes in champion confirmed players were leaving after Connaught final but no names mentioned. Hopefully its just a rumour but hard to blame young tradesmen from a jobs and lifestyle point of view at the moment. Mc hugh played well enough for seniors last year ( strangely better than for U21's and club) but a strong U21 campaign would get him back in contention. With Ewing also omitted perhaps the U21's are been left out of it ?? Gary Gaughan and Stephen Gilmartins positions would confirm one way or the other

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 13, 2008, 01:39:00 PM
From SLIGOGAA.ie

The Connacht Council have fixed the Connacht Club Final between Eastern Harps (Sligo) and Corofin (Galway) For Pearse Stadium, Salthill, Galway on Sunday 23rd November. Throw in is at 2.00pm.

Lovely, that's an hour sitting in Galway city traffic, after attending a game which will have the atmosphere of a funeral. Get that f**king ground in Tuam done up pronto.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Teeling Gael on November 13, 2008, 03:55:20 PM
Have also heard that Tony Taylor is on the way to Australia as well which would be a huge blow. Harps notes in champion confirmed players were leaving after Connaught final but no names mentioned. Hopefully its just a rumour but hard to blame young tradesmen from a jobs and lifestyle point of view at the moment.
Think you're right, Tony will be off after Harps go out, don't know if a win would alter things in any way. Wonder will many others follow that idea, could be a few clubs suffering if so.

SLIGONIAN

Have also heard that Tony Taylor is on the way to Australia as well which would be a huge blow. Harps notes in champion confirmed players were leaving after Connaught final but no names mentioned. Hopefully its just a rumour but hard to blame young tradesmen from a jobs and lifestyle point of view at the moment. Mc hugh played well enough for seniors last year ( strangely better than for U21's and club) but a strong U21 campaign would get him back in contention. With Ewing also omitted perhaps the U21's are been left out of it ?? Gary Gaughan and Stephen Gilmartins positions would confirm one way or the other

McHugh played 4 games one half v louth in NFL, london, Mayo and london again. He hadnt earned his place last yr though as i pointed out but granted he played well in london, wasnt the worst against mayo, but thats hardly an endorsement, i wont mention the louth or tm london performances though. He has an awful lot to prove at club level and then maybe can be considered for county again. I praised him after the div3 final rightly so but since then he was atrocious for SMG. There is talent in him though but needs to improve alot aspects of his game, extremely raw at the minute. No one knows his best postion, not even me, dont know the lad so dont know which is his prefered. No harm him getting dropped, might kick him into gear and get a positive reaction out of him at club level and u21. Actually wilson is lucky enough to make it, went back a bit this yr, he was too loose on obrien but played well when on the ball, and has a great engine but for me at SMG cathal burns outshone both mchugh and wilson. Unlike the other 2 burns kicked on another level and influenced games but burns too is a bit young yet and needs to improve further for county and get in better shape. All in all i was disappointed with all our county players including the 2 gilsenans, it kinda frustrates me knowing there potential and seeing them come up a way short of there best. With all the lads though they never lacked effort which is important.

shapes

I know things are in a bad way at the moment for a lot of people but if Harps do succeed it would be very hard to see him leaving, I'd say that decision would be made based on the result, they may be indicating that they are leaving when Harp's are finished so as not to get sucked into the Sligo Panel.

Mano

Congratulations to Tourlestrane on beating rivals Curry in the under 20 final at the weekend 2-13 to 1-9. There are some very exciting prospects in this team S Henry, both Gaughans, Niall Egan who should be involved in county senior panels in the future.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: shapes on November 14, 2008, 09:30:02 AM

I know things are in a bad way at the moment for a lot of people but if Harps do succeed it would be very hard to see him leaving, I'd say that decision would be made based on the result, they may be indicating that they are leaving when Harp's are finished so as not to get sucked into the Sligo Panel.

I hope your right Shapes, OGrady has come on an awful lot this yr, and T Taylor is vital for Sligos midfield options.

Congrats to tourlestrane, so Gary Gaughan is u21 again in 09 aswell, thats some u21 team were going to have. ;D.