Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

St Patrick's, Downpatrick.   :)

smort

Maybe Lough Erne. Or Galgorm

Rois

thebigfella

Lough Erne Faldo Course is the answer you are looking for.

JimStynes

Quote from: thebigfella on May 26, 2021, 04:17:51 PM

I've played it 3 or 4 times and it's nice but definitely didn't blow me away. I've never played Galgorm. Masserene in Antrim looks half decent for the price.

JimStynes

thebigfella

Quote from: JimStynes on May 26, 2021, 04:19:16 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on May 26, 2021, 04:17:51 PM

I've played it 3 or 4 times and it's nice but definitely didn't blow me away. I've never played Galgorm. Masserene in Antrim looks half decent for the price.

Maybe but Galgorm for me isn't even in the discussion.

thewobbler

Galgorm is boring. It lacks strategy and memorability.

Louth Erne is a curate's egg. The par 5s are wonderful. The setting is absurdly good. The conditioning is exceptional. It's miles better than Galgorm. But there's something missing. It's style over substance. And the Par 3s aren't much fun at all.

If I had to play one 6-county parkland on repeat it would probably be Lisburn or Malone. The former's penchant for waving union flags counts against it but it's a good test and great fun. Malone is elegant and classy.

thewobbler

Massereene is very good by the way. It's much more enjoyable than Galgorm, but of course wouldn't have the conditioning and raw length to be considered as an open venue.

JimStynes

Played Malone in the winter and it was crap. Can't judge it properly as it was an unrecognisable course to the summer course. The back 9 was being redeveloped.

thebigfella

Only played Malone once so hard to make a judgement on it. Lisburn meh, maybe it was the flegs as you say.

NotedObserver

Moyola and Lisburn top courses. Rate them both higher and galgorm and masserene which have been mentioned. Lough Erne top class and is slightly different than anything else

Gabriel_Hurl

You know where I played last summer and thought it was overrated  ;)

JimStynes

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 26, 2021, 08:37:41 PM
You know where I played last summer and thought it was overrated  ;)

Is that Ardboe?

Gabriel_Hurl