Richie Power retires

Started by gallsman, January 19, 2016, 11:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

When I saw the headline I was shocked but the lad has had so many injuries over the last few years that's it's easy to see how he came to the decision. 8 All-Ireland medals not a bad haul!

Absolutely lovely hurler. Has one of the best touches I've ever seen.

pullhard

Lovely hurler.

I'd sayhis proudest memory would be pucking around with his young fella after lifting Liam.

imtommygunn

Seemed to be held together with tape this last few years but had deadly pace and very good at getting goals. Pity to see him go before time but he has some medal haul. I still remember him at minor - one of the better minors I've ever seen.

Probably won  them it against Tipp the other year.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2016, 12:27:21 PM
Seemed to be held together with tape this last few years but had deadly pace and very good at getting goals. Pity to see him go before time but he has some medal haul. I still remember him at minor - one of the better minors I've ever seen.

Probably won  them it against Tipp the other year.

I still remember how bloody awful his speech was in '03. He wouldn't shut the f**k up!

deiseach

And don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out!

(Not that I'm bitter or anything.)

seafoid

The ultimate Norman name for a hurler.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Asal Mor

The best compliment I can give him is that I was delighted to hear he's retiring. A world class hurler.

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on January 19, 2016, 02:01:29 PM
The ultimate Norman name for a hurler.

Reminds me of certain families who don't stray too far on the old names within a family, three generations of Johns or Richards and whatever...

Fine hurler when fit, which sadly wasn't that often and even then he'd always a load of tape on him, but still very effective close to goal. No wonder Cody relied on him injuries and all when the chips were down.