NCPS Clampers

Started by gallsman, December 20, 2010, 08:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Came home late Friday night and found some lad parked in my spot - I decided to take the one right beside him. Didn't leave the house until today cos i was feeling like shit and found my car had been clamped by NCPS. The one beside me in my spot had not.

Rang them up and asked they sort it out. They said they couldn't deal with me until I paid the release fee. I was legitimately clamped by the council about a month ago in town and paid the fee. This was inside a private, gated, residential complex where I rent an apartment.

Going to ring management company tomorrow and ask them to sort it out. If they don't do anything, I'm determined to cut the thing off myself.

Few questions:

Has anyone ever done this? If so, what's the best way?

Secondly, were there any repercussions?

mannix

did you park in someones elses spot? people can get really strange when you park where they pay for, just pay the fee and be done with it. somebody called to report you i would imagine.

gallsman

Quote from: mannix on December 20, 2010, 09:11:50 PM
did you park in someones elses spot? people can get really strange when you park where they pay for, just pay the fee and be done with it. somebody called to report you i would imagine.

I parked in the spot next to mine, which was occupied by someone else.

mannix

yes, you fell into that trap, you were in the wrong and they called the clampers. nothing to do really only pay the fee and when you see somebody in your spot call the clamper and get them clamped. I was in your position once, my spot taken, i parked in another spot and got clamped, so I called them the next time my spot was taken, they came and clamped him and i asked them not to clamp me and then parked on a communal area. Very maddening, thats city life for you.I was paying 170 pounds a month at the time for the spot.Its a bit scummy, but parking is very hard to get in these places

Puckoon

You did the nice thing by not getting the guy in your spot clamped - but unfortunately it wasnt the right thing as you just got yourself hosed.

I came home one night last christmas, snow coming down, grocery bags, lap top bag and a 2 year old in my arms and someone had parked in my spot. I didnt get them towed because I am not an arsehole - but I left them a nice note and parked about another 100 yards away.

I will tow in future though - as the same shitehawk got someone towed for parking in his spot this summer.

muppet

Quote from: gallsman on December 20, 2010, 08:55:09 PM
Came home late Friday night and found some lad parked in my spot - I decided to take the one right beside him. Didn't leave the house until today cos i was feeling like shit and found my car had been clamped by NCPS. The one beside me in my spot had not.

Rang them up and asked they sort it out. They said they couldn't deal with me until I paid the release fee. I was legitimately clamped by the council about a month ago in town and paid the fee. This was inside a private, gated, residential complex where I rent an apartment.

Going to ring management company tomorrow and ask them to sort it out. If they don't do anything, I'm determined to cut the thing off myself.

Few questions:

Has anyone ever done this? If so, what's the best way?

Secondly, were there any repercussions?

I'm not sure that is legal.

http://uknewsreporter.co.uk/wheel-clamping-to-be-made-illegal/672918/

Wheel clamping of cars parked on private land is set to become illegal in England and Wales from next year. It has already been banned in Scotland and is only permitted on unlicensed vehicles in Northern Ireland.
MWWSI 2017

andoireabu

Quote from: mannix on December 20, 2010, 09:30:28 PM
yes, you fell into that trap, you were in the wrong and they called the clampers. nothing to do really only pay the fee and when you see somebody in your spot call the clamper and get them clamped. I was in your position once, my spot taken, i parked in another spot and got clamped, so I called them the next time my spot was taken, they came and clamped him and i asked them not to clamp me and then parked on a communal area. Very maddening, thats city life for you.I was paying 170 pounds a month at the time for the spot.Its a bit scummy, but parking is very hard to get in these places
Mother of Jesus that rough!  I used to pay £10 more than that to rent an entire house!!  Where was it if you don't mind me asking?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

gallsman

Muppet, I live in Dublin.

Regardless, have made up my mind. Friend got one off involving a lot of tyre deflating and turning. Worst comes to worst he's coming round with a boltcutters for the chain tomorrow.

mannix

I was in north inner city, near the wax museum, i had to leave there because of the amount of times my spot was taken. This was in 1999, I then got another spot down off pearse street, i had to cycle to it from the apartment. I would never ask for any of it again. The place off pearse street was a joke, could barely get a car in and then had to ask others to move so i could get out, that was the meaness of the people and the depths they went to for money, no wonder the country is like it is.

ross4life

loads of youtube vids on how to remove clamps
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Went down to take some photos to send to my mate so he could tell me what way to do it (apparently letting out air and rotating and changing wheels and stuff works, as well as bolt cutters) and it had magically disappeared!

Saved themselves a good clamp - apparently the guy on the phone determined it wasn't a hollow threat when I told him I was going to cut it off.