The Pacific

Started by JimStynes, March 17, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 17, 2010, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: Ulick on April 17, 2010, 08:43:26 PM
Watched the fifth episode the other night. Must say bar the first two the rest have all been mediocre. Not a patch on Band of Brothers.
agree with that, it started so well but it's going downhill.  I can't warm to the characters at all either, I don't like Leckie.
As I said above the characterisation hasn't been great. I'm only 3 episodes in but with only 10 in total you'd think the characters would be better formed by now. Although the Melbourne episode is undoubtedly based on real events I'd rather of had 10 episodes of fighting
the Japs.

That Stella doll is very familiar. Anyone know where I may have seen her before? She's not shy either.

pintsofguinness

Yeah though I'd expect it'd take time to get use to the characters but it's not happening...
I thought the Melbourne episode was rubbish.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

centrefield

i have to admit i taught the first 2 episodes were excellent plenty of action just what i was expecting however that 3rd episode was pretty poor now

JimStynes

Im just after finishing episode 7. Great series so far but not anywhere near as good as BOB. You dont get to know the characters as much. Major Winters in BOB was a complete legend, nobody like him in this series.  Must have been rough to go through that sort of stuff, however i think they seem to have got it a bit easier aswell compared to the lads fighting in Europe.

Hedley Lamarr

Just finished watching episode 10 (i think) on Okinawa.

Downloaded from   www.isohunt.com

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

paco

Any word on when this comes out on DVD?

JimStynes

i think its out. check amazon

AbbeySider

Im on episode 9. Good episode but the whole series isnt as good as band of Brothers.

paco

Not out on DVD until 1st November :(