Cabbage Texter in the Republic

Started by gallsman, May 17, 2010, 06:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

A great little program that allows you to send texts from your desktop by accessing your webtexts for you. Don't have to bother with browsers or logins or anything and you can store a phone book easily or download it off the site if you have them backed up online. There's a version for mobiles as well and I saw a few people talking about similar things for the iPhone. I highly recommend it.

http://www.cabbagetexter.com/

armaghniac

Great little program, on the phone it gives you much cheaper texts as the data costs 2c only, or less if you have data paid for. I find it especially useful for texting NI, for which O2 charges 24c from the phone, but nothing from the website.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2010, 06:59:29 PM
Great little program, on the phone it gives you much cheaper texts as the data costs 2c only, or less if you have data paid for. I find it especially useful for texting NI, for which O2 charges 24c from the phone, but nothing from the website.

Yep, 02's international webtexts are free. A mate in college showed me it last year and I've been using it since. It's great for students or anyone in a job who finds themselves staring at a computer all day.

armaghniac

QuoteYep, 02's international webtexts are free.

Vodafone are now too and you get 600 free!

O2s work better in Cyrillic to Україна and the like.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B