Teams of the Season (soccer)

Started by gallsman, May 11, 2010, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Garth Crooks confirms himself as a knob by putting John Terry in his team of the season and asks where the poor form everyone was going on about was.

Also, Brad Friedel still plays for Blackburn apparently.

Dreadful joirnalism.

bingobus

He also mentioned Steven Gerrard just been edged out by James Milner in the honourable mentions. Edged out? more like left in the starting blocks.

Geoff Tipps

From mediawatch section of F365:

The Crooks List
Just a few points Mediawatch feels the need to make to Garth Crooks and the BBC after they published his team of the season...

1) If you use a picture of Nicolas Anelka to promote an article, make sure Nicolas Anelka is actually mentioned in said article.

2) Nemanja Vidic? Really?

3) No grown man should use the phrase 'nuff said!'

4) 'Chelsea captain John Terry recently had a pop at his critics, who claimed that his off-the-field activities resulted in poor form. Really? What poor form?' Well, his poor f***ing form mostly, Garth.

5) Brad Friedel does not play for Blackburn.

Thanks.

nrico2006

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 11, 2010, 01:27:59 PM
From mediawatch section of F365:

The Crooks List
Just a few points Mediawatch feels the need to make to Garth Crooks and the BBC after they published his team of the season...

1) If you use a picture of Nicolas Anelka to promote an article, make sure Nicolas Anelka is actually mentioned in said article.

2) Nemanja Vidic? Really?

3) No grown man should use the phrase 'nuff said!'

4) 'Chelsea captain John Terry recently had a pop at his critics, who claimed that his off-the-field activities resulted in poor form. Really? What poor form?' Well, his poor f***ing form mostly, Garth.

5) Brad Friedel does not play for Blackburn.

Thanks.

Noticed the above this morning, baffled at Vidic and Terry's inclusion.  I was thinking mysaelf that Anelka had somehow got in due to his face promoting the article. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneboi

Garth Crooks is a terrible pundit. The less we see of him in the World Cup for the BBC the better though he will probably get the gig of reporting from the England training camp every 5 minutes. His team of the week throughout the season is also pathetic. Any defender that scores is guaranteed to be included in it no matter how they have played. He is the definition of a lazy "journalist"!

paco

:D

Denn Forever

Boy am I glad I didn't post his 11 cos I didn't notice those errors.

I'm starting at Final Score next week and I hope to work with Garth.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bingobus

You'll be his bitch, fetching the dictionary for him to quote big words.

Billys Boots

Quote from: bingobus on May 11, 2010, 03:44:47 PM
You'll be his bitch, fetching the dictionary for him to quote big words.

He'll be good at that bingobus!  Garth will just have to keep promising that he'll introduce him to Molly Ringwald.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...