Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Godfather

Quote from: GlenMan on September 23, 2019, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: The Godfather on September 23, 2019, 11:44:58 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on September 23, 2019, 09:44:59 AM
I think its fair to say last nights intermediate game was a great advertisement for things thats good in our game. Galbally worthy winners on the night but Greencastle will count themselves unlucky not to get over the line.

Two totally committed teams going hammer and tong without any handbags or bad tackles, just hard championship football.

This victory was probably the first Galbally have been tested like this all year and to be fair they came through even with a struggle.

Greencastle can content themselves on pushing them so far when no1 gave them a hope.

Coalisland and Trillick will hopefully be a cracker next weekend one would suspect the winner will come from this?

HealyhHellRaiser will yous now go for the league playoffs after an encouraging performance in the Championship?

Same management stay in place next year??? Im sure you are the man to answer ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Paying Carl McCabe an absolute fortune but somehow manage to look completely clueless in their biggest game of the year.

HealyHellRaiser may be able to answer better about the management of a team defeated in the Intermediate Championship over the weekend rather than about Carl Mc Cabe!!  ;) ;) ;D ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 23, 2019, 12:20:29 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 23, 2019, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 23, 2019, 12:08:12 PM
Maybe one of the Coalisland men that post here could answer but from what I gather they could easily field a junior thirds team and it would certainly help their cause if so - not sure about a reserve team on top of that, don't even know if Errigal field a reserve junior team?

Errigal do indeed field at team in the junior reserve league and junior reserve championship, and have done so IIRC since they entered a thirds team, can't remember the year but they've also won a junior reserve championship since they started.

A few years back, Carrickmore had a thirds team but it only lasted a couple of years and had no corresponding reserve team.

Won Junior Reserve Championship last year.

Be safer having a loan system and allowing a few lads go to Brackaville to learn their trade.

If they have the numbers they should be providing them with an outlet to play football.
Be some craic Errigal Eskra meeting Coalisland Killyman in both Senior and Junior.

Goals_Will_Come

Should we be looking at breaking Errigal Ciaran back up and splitting Coalisland and Trillick into East and West.
Three teams way ahead of the rest.

DrumraghAbu

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: DrumraghAbu on September 23, 2019, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 22, 2019, 07:14:10 PM
Tiernan McCann clearly injured at the end of the first half, comes out, still unable to run properly togs out in full forward and doesn't do a tap whole second half, why did they just not take him off.

I noticed this too, however P. Hampsey was on him the whole second half so Tee Mc Cann took him out of the game completely when he went to full forward which could be seen as a good move by the management.
He also went in there at the beginning of the first half but then move out after a couple of minutes.
However, based on Hampseys performance I don't think you could say McCann took him out of the game (a bit like saying Grimes cancelled out Burns by keeping him to 3 points from play).

Did Hampsey score 3 from play?

LeoMc

Quote from: DrumraghAbu on September 23, 2019, 01:35:05 PM
Tiernan McCann clearly injured at the end of the first half, comes out, still unable to run properly togs out in full forward and doesn't do a tap whole second half, why did they just not take him off.

I noticed this too, however P. Hampsey was on him the whole second half so Tee Mc Cann took him out of the game completely when he went to full forward which could be seen as a good move by the management.
He also went in there at the beginning of the first half but then move out after a couple of minutes.
However, based on Hampseys performance I don't think you could say McCann took him out of the game (a bit like saying Grimes cancelled out Burns by keeping him to 3 points from play).

No. Frank Burns did.

chieftain

Think we going to see an errigal coalisland final in senior, galbally pomeroy in intermediate and I'd say kildress will take care of rock in junior. Looking at league tables this is probably the best champ in years in regards to the top teams all being in with a say at the later stages. Some serious games in championship so far, it's a pity it's being played at this time of year, with games at silly hours of day, instead of In Daylight during summer months, but with county team continuing to be shoe in quarter finalists every year don't think this is going to change any time soon.

DrumraghAbu

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 01:36:25 PM

No. Frank Burns did.

So your point is completely invalid - if Hampsey had of scored 3 from play maybe I'd take you serious. Good argument all the same.

LeoMc

Quote from: DrumraghAbu on September 23, 2019, 02:00:15 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 01:36:25 PM

However, based on Hampseys performance I don't think you could say McCann took him out of the game (a bit like saying Grimes cancelled out Burns McGeary by keeping him to 3 points from play).

No. Frank Burns McGeary did.

So your point is completely invalid - if Hampsey had of scored 3 from play maybe I'd take you serious. Good argument all the same.
So if a full back doesn't score 3 points so he has been took out of the game completely?

Under Lights

It wasn't even Burns that Grimes was marking but McGeary.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on September 23, 2019, 02:33:40 PM

You are right, I didnt bother scrolling back but remembered someone claiming Grimes and X had cancelled each other out until it was pointed out he had scored 4, 3 from play.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 02:36:55 PM

You are right, I didnt bother scrolling back but remembered someone claiming Grimes and X had cancelled each other out until it was pointed out he had scored 4, 3 from play.

Yes that was gaafan2 and when I pulled him up on it, he claimed I was trolling him  :-\

bigtogs

We competed well with Trillick yesterday just did not have the pace in the middle sector of the field and it really cost big time...We where very unfortunate to concede first goal that took a cruel deflection... On 60mins only difference was the deflected goal....

Trillick are comfortable with possession of the ball, but they did not look as good yesterday as they did v Dromore (obviously)..They really would have to improve to beat Coalisland..

Gaafan2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 23, 2019, 03:16:51 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 23, 2019, 02:36:55 PM

Yes that was gaafan2 and when I pulled him up on it, he claimed I was trolling him  :-\

Its ridiculous for somebody to comment on the performance of a player/s when they weren't even at the game.

Therefore you are the definition of a troll ::)

blewuporstuffed

Still no confirmation of league fixtures for this weekend.
Complete disregard for the club player as usual.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigtogs on September 23, 2019, 03:28:08 PM

We competed well with Trillick yesterday just did not have the pace in the middle sector of the field and it really cost big time...We where very unfortunate to concede first goal that took a cruel deflection... On 60mins only difference was the deflected goal....

Trillick are comfortable with possession of the ball, but they did not look as good yesterday as they did v Dromore (obviously)..They really would have to improve to beat Coalisland..

Clonoe looked a tired team towards the last 10 mins. Some of the balls his into McNulty were extremely poor quality for a man who was causing no end of trouble - all the talk of him maybe in the county thread prior, I had dismissed him also, he looked every part the full package yesterday especially in the first half.