Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OurKid

Quote from: bogball88 on October 24, 2018, 08:18:11 PM
Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
Now that the dust has settled and I'm finally off the drink in the Holylands with men half my age , now back with the wife and children. Any thoughts on coalisland vs cross? Think Cross being based more of previous years but still a good side. Be an interesting affair.
Hard to think a 40+ year old would be going on about tiernan McCann and sun beds  ???
[/quote
Stevie wonder would be able to tell you he's on the sunbeds meaning my age would be irrelevant to the sunbed observation? You must be a fan of my infinite wisdom regarding Tyrone GAA?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 24, 2018, 06:29:08 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 24, 2018, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 24, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Would the internet connection be good enough in many grounds outside of omagh to enable live streaming

Or facilities in terms of camera position, commentary etc. I know Armagh TV seems to be exclusively broadcast from the Athletic Grounds so not sure if they could it outside of Omagh?

Anybody come across that DOCSPORT on Facebook? I know you can barely make out his live feed but thought the county board would have tried knocking that on the head.

Think he's linked to Omagh St Enda's, so the chances of him being stopped are fairly slim.

Ciaran provides a great wee service covering sport across the county. You'd want to be a hard nosed bollix to stop him.

square_ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 24, 2018, 09:04:36 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on October 24, 2018, 06:29:08 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 24, 2018, 06:11:44 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 24, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Would the internet connection be good enough in many grounds outside of omagh to enable live streaming

Or facilities in terms of camera position, commentary etc. I know Armagh TV seems to be exclusively broadcast from the Athletic Grounds so not sure if they could it outside of Omagh?

Anybody come across that DOCSPORT on Facebook? I know you can barely make out his live feed but thought the county board would have tried knocking that on the head.

Think he's linked to Omagh St Enda's, so the chances of him being stopped are fairly slim.

Ciaran provides a great wee service covering sport across the county. You'd want to be a hard nosed bollix to stop him.

He's got a good wee niche there but just saying that if the county board are cracking down on teamtalkmag commentating then he'll maybe be next on their hit list. Though his live feeds are pretty unwatchable. He does a great job with videos of scores from matches. Seems a decent fella.

redcard

‪what about the "Citizen Journalists"

Ulster GAA issue warning over violence in games
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/northern-ireland/45972926

trailer

Quote from: WT4E on October 24, 2018, 03:43:20 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 24, 2018, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 24, 2018, 01:55:14 PM
TTM should have went along with what ever the County board wanted, they knew fine rightly the CB held the power to do this, they smelt the money like the County board also did with what they where set to make with the online sales and advertising and they wanted a piece of it!
I dont think the CB have done anything wrong to be fair, yes its harsh but thats the reality of it!
This doesnt say they dont do a great job as they do and I hope they continue to do what they are doing!!

I can't see why the CB would curtail what TTM were doing though, I mean if people wanted to buy the stream they would have. Will CB put a clamper on the likes of Philly Mc reporting live from the game now. TTM will know to go to Omagh St Endas and ask permission to set up pitch side.

not necessarily true. County board where cutting out options to maximise their purchases which is fair enough - team talk need to suck it up or quit - I hope they don't quit but if they do it won't leave that big of gap in coverage. I much prefer Philly Mcs tweets opposed to their tweets. Plus Damian Harvey is a poor commentator continually gets things wrong and the person with usually ends up correcting him!

TTM missed the boat. They had the coverage of all games and should have pushed on in this day and age and provided a streaming service. It is 2018 after all.. They didn't. They took their eye of the ball concerning themselves with trying to overthrow the CB. It failed spectacularly. A pack of spoofers who thought they could ride along on the coat tails of Tyrone and the CB. Found out and unceremoniously booted out.

redhandefender

Always found it bizarre why people seem so angry about teamtalk and the fellas who do it. I don't know them personally but what could they be getting out of it themselves? There couldn't be that much financial reward. Harvey has always been there or there about club tyrone/county board.

To me its been a great service on probably minimal resources. I do think that gaelic weekly podcast is a bit better craic!

trueblue1234

Quote from: redhandefender on October 25, 2018, 10:17:31 AM
Always found it bizarre why people seem so angry about teamtalk and the fellas who do it. I don't know them personally but what could they be getting out of it themselves? There couldn't be that much financial reward. Harvey has always been there or there about club tyrone/county board.

To me its been a great service on probably minimal resources. I do think that gaelic weekly podcast is a bit better craic!

Most people don't. But there's always a few that need to have a rant about something or a personal axe to grind. Leave them to it is usually the easiest way.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GaaFanatic123

Have you seen the amount of sponsors on their website??? God knows what each one is payin!!
Ive heard they make around 18k profit from their Bundoran night alone and thats come from a very good close source!!!

trailer

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 25, 2018, 10:43:42 AM

Have you seen the amount of sponsors on their website??? God knows what each one is payin!!
Ive heard they make around 18k profit from their Bundoran night alone and thats come from a very good close source!!!

They are making a killing. If you think they are doing it for the love of the game then God help you.
They are a business masquerading as a few fellas doing it for the craic. If it was the latter then it's probably not fair to criticise, but it's a business and an amateur one at that. Found out! Spoofers!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Personally think anyone who begrudges TTM are seriously inward looking folk. They have done a brilliant job giving Tyrone Gaels what they want, more Gaa coverage, they have enhanced our club profile as a result, they deserve credit, not ridicule.

TyroneOnlooker

How anyone can do anything other than praise Teamtalk is beyond me. So what if they make a few quid out of it, they put enough time and resources into it. They'd be complete lunatics not to try and make some money out of it.

The Bearded One

Teamtalk offer a fantastic service and an additional insight into our games. What other media platform gives us the opportunity to hear club players interviewed after games, listen to radio commentary of games, pre final chat nights read school results, ladies, hurling etc. They cover everything and anything and do a great job. So what if they make money out of it, doesn't cost me or anyone else anything to avail of their services.
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

I don't think anyone would begrudge ttm boys making money out of it. They provide a service which, like any other business, is entitled to make a profit. It when they cross the line and start interfering in who manages Tyrone teams and county boards then problems start.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 25, 2018, 11:11:12 AM
Personally think anyone who begrudges TTM are seriously inward looking folk. They have done a brilliant job giving Tyrone Gaels what they want, more Gaa coverage, they have enhanced our club profile as a result, they deserve credit, not ridicule.
Agree 100%
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 25, 2018, 11:56:49 AM
I don't think anyone would begrudge ttm boys making money out of it. They provide a service which, like any other business, is entitled to make a profit. It when they cross the line and start interfering in who manages Tyrone teams and county boards then problems start.

Is your personal mandate on here not usually to ridicule the current tyrone manager?? Surely the TTM men have as much right to you to have an opinion??