Mayo GAY

Started by Baile Brigín 2, November 30, 2022, 12:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-reject-mayos-application-to-wear-rainbow-numbers-in-support-of-lgbtq-community-as-they-see-playing-kit-as-sacrosanct-42184406.html

Mayo not allowed incorporate a rainbow design at the request of their charity partner because the jersey is sacrosanct. Unless of  course it's a sponsor or manufacturer logo.

Right answer, wrong justification for me.

general_lee

Already been a precedent set, UL had pride colours on their jerseys. Like you say if it was some conglomerate wanting to splat their logo all over a jersey the bigwigs wouldn't give a hoot.

trailer

Virtue signalling shite.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on November 30, 2022, 12:31:46 PM
Virtue signalling shite.
Agree. Same as the world cup rainbow shite.

Maybe it's to symbolise that Mayo are as likely to win Sam as someone is to find the leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

general_lee

f**k I've heard it all now. The Mayo county board are "virtue signalling".
Some boys watching too much GB news
😂😂😂

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 30, 2022, 12:33:34 PM
Virtue signalling shite.

Maybe it's to symbolise that Mayo are as likely to win Sam as someone is to find the leprechaun and pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

The treatment of the migrant  workers building the stadia in Qatar has all been forgotten about in the constant  talk of gay rights.  Some estimates of 6,500 dead, thousands paid  shite wages or none at all .

Yer woman Alex was lauded for wearing a rainbow armband on the sideline .  That's all well and good , so why didn't she wear an arm band on the other arm  in support of the migrant workers? 

Rossfan

Quote from: general_lee on November 30, 2022, 12:35:08 PM
😂😂😂
In the twusted world of right wing fanatics
Virtue
Equality
Human Rights
Liberalism
Etc
Are all insults
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 30, 2022, 01:51:45 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 30, 2022, 12:33:34 PM
Virtue signalling shite.

The treatment of the migrant  workers building the stadia in Qatar has all been forgotten about in the constant  talk of gay rights.  Some estimates of 6,500 dead, thousands paid  shite wages or none at all .

Yer woman Alex was lauded for wearing a rainbow armband on the sideline .  That's all well and good , so why didn't she wear an arm band on the other arm  in support of the migrant workers?

Because LGBT advocacy groups have asked for a stance. Migrant workers equivalent hasn't

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

😂😂😂

A lot of young gay men still feel uncomfortable fitting into local sport

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 30, 2022, 02:35:11 PM
😂😂😂

A lot of young gay men still feel uncomfortable fitting into local sport

Indeed. And some of the commentary on this shows why we need this sort of thing.

But if Mayo get this, a midlands county get 'let us cut turf'. Then it's 'upgrade our hospital'. Then 'Prosecute Soldier F'. Then 'our county is full, no refugees' and then we are in a world of pain.

Say that, not patent bullshit about shirts when anyone can sponsor a team.

snoopdog

The Mayo kit is shite looking as It is without adding more colour to it. Poss  thry could have a full rainbow kit instead.

joemamas

Personally I really dislike/hate all the advertisements on intercounty jerseys.
I understand the sponsorship deals etc,
Mayo one is way too busy IMO.
I would gladly pay a lot more for a retro one, the sponsor can have the premium paid.
If this keeps up, the players will be like Formula 1 drivers

thewobbler

As with coloured armbands, poppies, taking the knee, and the hundred other things that attach themselves to sport over the years, nobody notices or cares. It makes no difference at all to anyone. Nobody sees/hears the message. Until one day, someone refuses to comply. Then he'll breaks lose.

LeoMc

Did Kildare not produce one with a rainbow trim for Anthony's testimonial?

J70

😂😂😂

Big time.