Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:31 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on July 15, 2021, 01:32:58 PM
If you want an honest opinion on who the best English midfielder was of that generation ask Zidane, Xavi or Inesta, players who dominated European club midfield through the 2000/2010's.

Or the manager who had to manage all 3?
and the mess he made of it...

He was the only one who had to make a choice between them. Regardless as I said, there's little between the 3 of them. And a case could be made for either. As said personally I'd have Gerrard out in front. But I support Liverpool so prob saw more of him than Scholes. So accept I may have a bias. But this claim

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 10:50:51 AM
He was a nasty little bugger. The tackling was a big laugh in the game but some were downright nasty. Illiterate so and so also, talks like hes got a moutful of marbles

Edit - walked out on his country too just because he couldnt get his favourite position. Wasnt good enough to dislodge stevie or frank. Took lessons from Keane on that one id say
Stevie and Frank put together couldnt lace his boots or Keanes ffs.

Is pure nonsense.

Gerard was a serial choker. Never did it on the big stage. When the pressure came on he slipped. Not a big game player. A fraud.

Troll gonna troll.

bigarsedkeeper

The argument is always nonsense because people either hate Scholes or Gerrard. I wouldn't put a lot between them, the problem for England that they only could play one in a 442. Lampard then had a habit of playing in the same spaces as Rooney so that didn't work either. Gerrard was used to being the big player in the Liverpool team but played best with Alonso, so he didn't always adapt well to the English set up when he was asked to play deeper. Lampard's Chelsea was perfectly set up for him with Drogba in front and 2 defensive midfielders behind him. Scholes was a great player in a great team at United but played best when complimented with Keane and then later Carrick and Hargreaves (that 08 team was probably the peak for him and United). The fact he didn't play as many away games in Europe was more Ferguson going conservative with Keane and Butt.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2021, 03:25:42 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:31 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on July 15, 2021, 01:32:58 PM
If you want an honest opinion on who the best English midfielder was of that generation ask Zidane, Xavi or Inesta, players who dominated European club midfield through the 2000/2010's.

Or the manager who had to manage all 3?
and the mess he made of it...

He was the only one who had to make a choice between them. Regardless as I said, there's little between the 3 of them. And a case could be made for either. As said personally I'd have Gerrard out in front. But I support Liverpool so prob saw more of him than Scholes. So accept I may have a bias. But this claim

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 10:50:51 AM
He was a nasty little bugger. The tackling was a big laugh in the game but some were downright nasty. Illiterate so and so also, talks like hes got a moutful of marbles

Edit - walked out on his country too just because he couldnt get his favourite position. Wasnt good enough to dislodge stevie or frank. Took lessons from Keane on that one id say
Stevie and Frank put together couldnt lace his boots or Keanes ffs.

Is pure nonsense.

Gerard was a serial choker. Never did it on the big stage. When the pressure came on he slipped. Not a big game player. A fraud.

;D ;D ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Joe Cole was something else though....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

At last someone agrees.

Too bad its only MR2 😃😉

Ah i was a bit bored earlier. Got a few nibbles. He wasnt a bad little player

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 05:01:38 PM
At last someone agrees.

Too bad its only MR2 😃😉

Ah i was a bit bored earlier. Got a few nibbles. He wasnt a bad little player

;D

Bags of talent just went missing way to often unfortunately for him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Lansdowne road Road will host the 2024 Europa League final as consolation for Dublin missing out on staging their four European Championships matches.

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 16, 2021, 06:50:19 PM
Lansdowne road Road will host the 2024 Europa League final as consolation for Dublin missing out on staging their four European Championships matches.
Might be a good chance for Man United fans from Ireland to actually go and see them play....

Boycey

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 16, 2021, 06:50:19 PM

I went to the last one, it was a great occasion as it goes.....

quit yo jibbajabba

2 Portugese teams Boycey? Me too. Found it a bit meh if im bein honest. Did hulk score only goal or something...

Boycey

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 16, 2021, 10:01:53 PM
2 Portugese teams Boycey? Me too. Found it a bit meh if im bein honest. Did hulk score only goal or something...

Aye Porto/Braga, Falcao got the goal. He was in beast mode at that stage... Game wasn't that special but a good day and a good buzz around it amongst fans. Braga had knocked Liverpool out somewhere along the way

quit yo jibbajabba

Falcao came into my head also. A guy i worked with had snared Champs League final tickets through the lottery thingy the year before so i did same for Europa hoping Liverpool would make it.....didnt work out lol

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 16, 2021, 10:01:53 PM
Was at it myself, got tickets off gawa316. Agree it wasn't the best of games or atmosphere.

rodney trotter

Louis Van Gaal appointed Netherlands manager for the 3rd time on a 18 month Contract.