Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 08, 2021, 08:04:36 PM
It's quite appropriate for a country governed by liars and cheats that they should win the semi final in the manner they did

Well, you could say that about all countries.

BennyCake

Quote from: maldini on July 08, 2021, 08:32:45 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2021, 07:00:17 PM
Norn Iron fans not happy Engerland have stolen their song. Awful taste in music so they have. An absolute brutal song.

They weren't singing the sash were they?

Not that know of. It was Sweet Caroline they were singing. Terrible song.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2021, 10:20:52 PM
Quote from: maldini on July 08, 2021, 08:32:45 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2021, 07:00:17 PM
Norn Iron fans not happy Engerland have stolen their song. Awful taste in music so they have. An absolute brutal song.

They weren't singing the sash were they?

Not that know of. It was Sweet Caroline they were singing. Terrible song.

I'm a big fan of Neil Diamond, it's not his best but a cracking 'anthem' would have been used initially at Carl Frampton's fights I thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Am I the only one that thought it was a penalty?

If Sterling did dive, it's something that players from every international team, including Ireland, has done and will continue to do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 08, 2021, 10:36:14 PM

If Sterling did dive, it's something that players from every international team, including Ireland, has done and will continue to do.

It's a penalty every day in the premiership, whether Sterling engineered it is up for debate, but lads are calling for or dropping like flies when they hit the penalty area in every team sport like football soccer and hurling 😂
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Diving is a yellow card offense. The English team are infested with divers and Sterling repeatedly dives throughout the game, not just a high pressure game but when playing tiny Iceland in the Nations Cup, Saka dives twice to get an Icelandic defender sent off  and then high fives all round, even the BBC pundits were embarrassed. Where on earth do you get the comparison with Ireland from?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Main Street on July 09, 2021, 01:01:58 AM

Diving is a yellow card offense. The English team are infested with divers and Sterling repeatedly dives throughout the game, not just a high pressure game but when playing tiny Iceland in the Nations Cup, Saka dives twice to get an Icelandic defender sent off  and then high fives all round, even the BBC pundits were embarrassed. Where on earth do you get the comparison with Ireland from?

On the penalty, if the referee believed that the one involving Kane was 'simulation' then in my opinion he should have booked him. If he had then there's less of a chance that Sterling goes down as easily. Game should have been stopped for 2 balls, as it was later in the game. It was a soft penalty but that's what way the game has gone. Every team at every level benefits from soft decisions. The old phrase 'they even themselves out' comes to mind. The final might be where it evens out!!

RedHand88

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 09, 2021, 08:06:40 AM

On the penalty, if the referee believed that the one involving Kane was 'simulation' then in my opinion he should have booked him. If he had then there's less of a chance that Sterling goes down as easily. Game should have been stopped for 2 balls, as it was later in the game. It was a soft penalty but that's what way the game has gone. Every team at every level benefits from soft decisions. The old phrase 'they even themselves out' comes to mind. The final might be where it evens out!!

No, the rule states the game continues unless the second ball causes an interference (eg. Denmark defender or Sterling trip over it).

RedHand88

I think its a penalty too. Tbh I think people are losing the run of themselves with this.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 09, 2021, 08:10:45 AM

No, the rule states the game continues unless the second ball causes an interference (eg. Denmark defender or Sterling trip over it).

Fair enough then

Armagh18

Why did the ref stop it later on then for a ball on the field?

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 09, 2021, 09:10:23 AM

Why did the ref stop it later on then for a ball on the field?

Didn't see so no idea. I'm only pointing out the rule as it is in the rulebook.

Estimator

Steve McClaren has had his say on the future of this England team...
"Once we win a trophy - and I hope it's this one - I believe we can dominate for many years. A bit like Spain and Germany; they did what we have done for the last 10 years."

Can't see that happening. Just looking at the European sides - Germany will hit the reset button like they have done before. Spain will find a striker to actually finish their attacks. And the French haven't suddenly become a poor side overnight.

The English will probably find themselves in a couple more semi-finals and finals, but it definitely won't be considered a domination.
Ulster League Champions 2009

tintin25

I don't think Sterling dived.  Did it appear to be soft?  Yes....however you can never tell the full extent of any impact from watching on the tele.  As someone said, people just getting carried away because it's England or whatever. 

Like seriously, is England winning really going to cause you that much distress and sleepless nights lol

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/euro-2021/2021/07/08/denmarks-free-kick-goal-just-dodgy-englands-penalty
So, forget the dodgy penalty, let us talk about the dodgy free-kick that made England chase the game and need two goals to progress to their first major final in 55 years

According to the laws of the game, as contained on the FA website, the way Denmark's players lined up in front of the defensive wall, helping to block goalkeeper Jordan Pickford's view, was not allowed.

In section 13 of the law book dealing with free-kicks, it is made clear that "where three or more defending team players form a 'wall', all attacking team players must remain at least 1m (1yd) from the 'wall' until the ball is in play".

Denmark did not do this, clearly standing too close to the English wall, so as good as Mikkel Damsgaard's dipping free-kick was - going over the wall before coming down at speed to dip under the crossbar and beat goalkeeper Jordan Pickford - it should not have been allowed to stand.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU