Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

two balls on the pitch is an immediate stoppage and a drop ball.

the fix is in

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 07, 2021, 11:30:43 PM
What's worse is that he scored with the way the rebound broke. If Schmeichel had pushed it the other way then it would most likely be cleared. Thems the breaks.

Yeah, and that was because of how bad the penalty was. If the penalty was closer to the corner, and so tamely hit, Schmeichel would have been pushing it away.
As it was, he had almost dived past it so he was pushing it back. Stroke of luck
Hasta la victoria siempre

RedHand88

Contact on Sterling.

Kanes denied one was blatant.

Soft Denmark free for the goal.

We all laughed at the hand of god and Lampards ghost goal in 2010. Thems the breaks. The two best teams are in the final.

Mario

Quote from: thewobbler on July 07, 2021, 11:21:24 PM
Terrible penalty decision. Terrible penalty. Right result.

Can't help thinking England would have steamrollered this tournament with an attacking manager.
Can't help but think they'd go the way of most other England teams with a more attacking manager, trying to fit all the best players in the same starting 11 and not creating a balanced team probably going in round of 16. Southgate has done a great job and carries himself very well.

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree. Also Kyle Walker's pace saves their bacon a few times. I think they need that defensive setup. Tbh Pickford is not exactly the most composed of goalkeepers so if you had a good team firing plenty of shots I don't think it would end well.

Reading there that Schmeichel had a laser pen flashed at him when the penalty was being taken. Wonder is there any truth in that.

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 08, 2021, 08:11:10 AM
Contact on Sterling.

Kanes denied one was blatant.

Soft Denmark free for the goal.

We all laughed at the hand of god and Lampards ghost goal in 2010. Thems the breaks. The two best teams are in the final.
I agree

3 lions versus Catenaccio
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 08, 2021, 08:54:36 AM
Yeah I would agree. Also Kyle Walker's pace saves their bacon a few times. I think they need that defensive setup. Tbh Pickford is not exactly the most composed of goalkeepers so if you had a good team firing plenty of shots I don't think it would end well.

Reading there that Schmeichel had a laser pen flashed at him when the penalty was being taken. Wonder is there any truth in that.

Saw a photo of it, not sure if it was in the buildup to penalty or as he struck it.

Orior

Well, Sunday evening will be interesting up until Italy take a two-nil lead.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Best team won even if it was by the skin of their shíte...

Loved their playing down of the national anthem booing.. It's not as bad as the booing of the German anthem I think I heard one of the commentators muttering just after it happened.

Hard to stomach their jingoism at the minute.

Sterling is their man threat with his carrying of the ball and winning frees for big Maguire to come up and head.

They rely on the pace of Kyle Walker quite a bit when hit on the counter and he is very quick. Any opposition would be better going down the other wing.

Armamike

Italy will be a tough tough nut to crack and the ultimate test of just how capable and mentally strong England are. They've answered all the questions posed of them so far but Italy are another step up.  They will be as difficult as Denmark to break down but the difference being they'll carry more threat up front.  It could well be a borefest of a game with 2 sides playing very conservatively with so much at stake. England need to score first to have a chance. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

shark

Quote from: johnnycool on July 08, 2021, 09:23:13 AM
Best team won even if it was by the skin of their shíte...

Loved their playing down of the national anthem booing.. It's not as bad as the booing of the German anthem I think I heard one of the commentators muttering just after it happened.

Hard to stomach their jingoism at the minute.

Sterling is their man threat with his carrying of the ball and winning frees for big Maguire to come up and head.

They rely on the pace of Kyle Walker quite a bit when hit on the counter and he is very quick. Any opposition would be better going down the other wing.

Italy won't be targeting England's left with as much enthusiasm as England with be targeting Italy's left. Emerson is a complete liability for Italy, and is a serious drop down from Spinazola.

north_antrim_hound

Time to sell euros guys, Sterling hit the floor last night and is at an all time low.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 08, 2021, 08:54:36 AM

Pickford is an accident waiting to happen and his kicking is dire. Maguire and Shaw both class acts for them unfortunately and Sterling seems to turn into Messi in an England jersey.

There absolutely was a laser pen shone in Schmeichels face, ITV showed the video last night.

seafoid

Italy probably have a better midfield
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Taylor

Hard to argue with the outcome of the game even if there were some dodgy calls during the game.

Sterling & Walker are absolute machines from a speed/fitness perspective - Sterling in particular has had an unbelievable tournament compared to the dirt he was playing for City last season.

Shaw has been fantastic going forward but Italy could find joy if they put him on the back foot.

As Shark said Emerson will be under serious pressure and England have to target him.

Pickford is the weak link in the England team - should have had the free kick, his distribution was erratic & then this punching the ball shite when under no pressure.

Should be a good final between the best two teams in the tournament.