Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 07, 2021, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Mario on July 07, 2021, 03:56:18 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 07, 2021, 10:36:56 AM
Jenas & Danny Murphy are absolutely terrible.

McCoist head and shoulders above anyone on either channel
Murphy said last night it was the best game he had seen in years and years. Appreciate it was a good game but it wasn't even the best game at the euros in the past week.

Almost as good as the penalty given in one of Spain's group games, he said it couldn't be a penalty as "the ball had gone"  :o

Is Murphy desperate for the money? I am always amazed at some the pundits. Like Murphy and Jenas weren't even that good themselves. Richie Sadler is another - did he actually play Soccer for Ireland?

imtommygunn

Was he not on some of those good underage teams round the Duff Keane era?

Murphy was a solid enough professional I guess you could say about him but not spectacular. Jenas showed great promise but had near as many injuries as darren anderton.

Mario

Quote from: trailer on July 07, 2021, 04:31:28 PM

Murphy said last night it was the best game he had seen in years and years. Appreciate it was a good game but it wasn't even the best game at the euros in the past week.

Almost as good as the penalty given in one of Spain's group games, he said it couldn't be a penalty as "the ball had gone"  :o

Is Murphy desperate for the money? I am always amazed at some the pundits. Like Murphy and Jenas weren't even that good themselves. Richie Sadler is another - did he actually play Soccer for Ireland?
What do you mean desperate for the money? I'd say he probably could get by without working like most premier league players that have retired post 2005.

There's a popular image going round the internet and it shows a pic of Sadler on RTE introducing him as capped for Ireland U17s or something. That being said I don't think you need to be a good player to be a good pundit. I prefer listening to podcasts with Journalists on tbh. Jenas is a safe choice, presents the one show is relatively well known to the casual football fan who only tunes in for international tournaments.

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 04:48:23 PM
Was he not on some of those good underage teams round the Duff Keane era?

Murphy was a solid enough professional I guess you could say about him but not spectacular. Jenas showed great promise but had near as many injuries as darren anderton.

I remember  Sadlier looked very promising with Milwall at one stage with what I remember as being a great goals record but then an injury seemed to end his career.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Mario on July 07, 2021, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 07, 2021, 04:31:28 PM

What do you mean desperate for the money? I'd say he probably could get by without working like most premier league players that have retired post 2005.

There's a popular image going round the internet and it shows a pic of Sadler on RTE introducing him as capped for Ireland U17s or something. That being said I don't think you need to be a good player to be a good pundit. I prefer listening to podcasts with Journalists on tbh. Jenas is a safe choice, presents the one show is relatively well known to the casual football fan who only tunes in for international tournaments.

Quite a few of those boys are on their third or fourth wife so probably need all the money they can get 😂

quit yo jibbajabba

Sadler "scored in an u21 third place playoff" or something similar 😃

Jenas - bland, i dont mind murphy (liverpool bias no doubt) savage happy to play the fool these days.

Another thing that annoys me is their channel jumping - used to be you knew who you were getting based on the channel, now the money hungry heures could be anywhere

gawa316

Is Micah Richards on over there? Feck he has to be up there with the worst

quit yo jibbajabba

Bbc mainly but flits about too. Harmless/amusing to an extent but at times it like lets say something funny so that micah laughs...repeat x infinity

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on July 07, 2021, 06:48:34 PM
Is Micah Richards on over there? Feck he has to be up there with the worst
His laugh is annoying and his "Bantz" with Roy Keane is a cringe fest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

I think Sadlier is an excellent pundit.  Its almost as if the ones that haven't had great careers have to prove themselves more.  Also, is Sadlier not a psychologist or something now.  He's achieved much more in an educational perspective than many of the others. Read his book, excellent read!

Mikhail Prokhorov

RTE sport washing england tonight   ::)

laoislad

🇩🇰💪🇩🇰
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Some hit  :o Danes in front

armaghniac

He's a Great Dane!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

Get f**king in there,!!