Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on June 12, 2021, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 12, 2021, 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 12, 2021, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2021, 08:10:13 PM
That wasn't a penalty, did VAR even check it?
That's the contact the Ref seen.

Schmeichel was poor on the Finland goal

He took a step after that and then dropped...never a pen in my view. Who was the VAR?
Both Olsen and Delaney exaggerate  the slightest contact to orgasms of pain.

Finland have been on the up since their very good WC 2018 qual campaign, they're tight disciplined  with plenty of skill, albeit  the Danes ran out of juice in the 2nd half along with some awful mistakes  from Schmichel and the penalty taker,  nevertheless the  RTE commentator said If Finland win this, it will be an even bigger shock than when Iceland knocked out  England at Euro 2016 !!!
He's gotta be kiddin'  Iceland were out and out minnows v England in a knock out stage and humiliated them, had them as their bitches.

I'd say it was more a case of the Danes being mentally exhausted. How could they be in the right frame of mind after what happened their teammate?

RedHand88

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 12, 2021, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 12, 2021, 08:10:13 PM
That wasn't a penalty, did VAR even check it?
That's the contact the Ref seen.

Schmeichel was poor on the Finland goal

Gee I wonder why his head wasn't in the right place?

Milltown Row2

That today (for me, completely detached from being a supporter, Danish or mildly interested) was traumatic to watch, can you imagine how those players fans and family were going through when that defibrillator was being used and the medic was doing CPR right in front of them?

Pure awful. Hope to never witness anything like that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Defibrillators are gold dust

If anything good comes out of today's sickening incident it will hopefully be that message

Everywhere sport is played needs to have them on site

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 12, 2021, 11:47:27 PM
That today (for me, completely detached from being a supporter, Danish or mildly interested) was traumatic to watch, can you imagine how those players fans and family were going through when that defibrillator was being used and the medic was doing CPR right in front of them?

Pure awful. Hope to never witness anything like that

The crowd reaction when the defib was used was disturbing. It was what we all were thinking watching on TV.

BennyCake

Both sets of fans began chanting Eriksen's name after the teams left the pitch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCSg6pEDYk

Rich Ricci

Quote from: sid waddell on June 13, 2021, 12:24:44 AM

If anything good comes out of today's sickening incident it will hopefully be that message

+1 on all that. I'd nearly go as far to say that anyone in charge of a team at any level should have correct training on how to use them. Its all well and good in a packed stadium with medical personnel on hand but if that were to happen at a saturday morning league game at the local leisure centre or a challenge game at the GAA club the chances of having someone around to operate the thing wouldn't be so high.

Maybe this training is already mandatory.

Nanderson

Quote from: Rich Ricci on June 13, 2021, 09:04:51 AM

+1 on all that. I'd nearly go as far to say that anyone in charge of a team at any level should have correct training on how to use them. Its all well and good in a packed stadium with medical personnel on hand but if that were to happen at a saturday morning league game at the local leisure centre or a challenge game at the GAA club the chances of having someone around to operate the thing wouldn't be so high.

I'm sure there is training on how to use a defib but the whole point of them is that anyone should be able to pick it up and use it. The defib audibly guides you through instructions on how to use it afaik. It also won't shock the person if it can detect a heart beat as some people may have misjudged a weak pulse for no pulse. Very clever machine

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nanderson on June 13, 2021, 10:42:52 AM

I'm sure there is training on how to use a defib but the whole point of them is that anyone should be able to pick it up and use it. The defib audibly guides you through instructions on how to use it afaik. It also won't shock the person if it can detect a heart beat as some people may have misjudged a weak pulse for no pulse. Very clever machine
Exactly - the repeated posts on Twitter etc. about training in use of a defib could put people off using it for fear of lack of training. They are practically idiot proof.

rodney trotter

Joao Cancelo out of Euros after positive COVID test. Diogo Dalot called into Portugal squad as replacement.

Having it in 11 different Cities in a pandemic was a poor idea.

Rich Ricci

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2021, 10:54:02 AM

Exactly - the repeated posts on Twitter etc. about training in use of a defib could put people off using it for fear of lack of training. They are practically idiot proof.

Both them points are fair enough then. I'd never have known that they were as easy to use as you say and probably wouldn't dream of touching one in fear of rendering it useless for when someone who was trained finally arrived. Not sure there ease of use is all that common knowledge?

BennyCake

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 13, 2021, 11:26:19 AM
Joao Cancelo out of Euros after positive COVID test. Diogo Dalot called into Portugal squad as replacement.

Having it in 11 different Cities in a pandemic was a poor idea.

Fixed that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rich Ricci on June 13, 2021, 11:50:37 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2021, 10:54:02 AM

Both them points are fair enough then. I'd never have known that they were as easy to use as you say and probably wouldn't dream of touching one in fear of rendering it useless for when someone who was trained finally arrived. Not sure there ease of use is all that common knowledge?
I'd agree with your point in that awareness is required rather than formal training. We have had the ones in work demoed to us as part of first aid training and they are well designed with a combination of visual and audible cues. There is little more complex than getting the 2 pads in the correct location (there is a diagram), then the device will talk to the operator and tell them when to stand clear, when to press the button to shock and when it is safe to recommence CPR. They are essential kit - our first aid trainer said (from recollection) you only have an 8% chance of survival without one which goes up to approx 75% with one.

Capt Pat

Southgate has picked Trippier at left back for England instead of Shaw or Chilwell. A strange choice given the options he has. Chilwell and the attacker Sancho don't even make the bench.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 13, 2021, 01:17:26 PM
Southgate has picked Trippier at left back for England instead of Shaw or Chilwell. A strange choice given the options he has. Chilwell and the attacker Sancho don't even make the bench.

It's a odd looking team and he's playing two defensive midfielders which shows he hasn't a lot of confidence his centre back pairing of Stones and Mings.