China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on December 06, 2021, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 09:17:01 AM
But what about the thousands who have died of any cause within 28 days of a covid test? I'd say the deaths are alot lower.

Go on then. In your expert medical, scientific and statistical opinion what do you set the death rate at for Covid?
Do you need to be a medical expert to know that old/sick people die every day? Or to know that just because some inaccurate test said they had covid within 28 days doesn't mean it had anything to do with their death?

Milltown Row2

So what is the best way forward here Armagh18, I'm fed up with this just as much as the next guy, so if you don't mind laying it out in plain English.

No need for links to anyone, I just want to hear the quick simplified one please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 12:54:29 PM
So what is the best way forward here Armagh18, I'm fed up with this just as much as the next guy, so if you don't mind laying it out in plain English.

No need for links to anyone, I just want to hear the quick simplified one please

Something something herd immunity something something Sweden something.

tyrone08

The way covid deaths are recorded inflates the actual death figures. Same way the flu would have a far higher death rate each year if anyone who died within 28 days of getting the flu was recorded as a flu death.

Lad went in for open heart surgery last year and died. Postmortem showed death as covid as he tested positive. How is that accurate?

Unless covid directly caused the death it should not be listed.

Rossfan

And will Covid just go away then?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 06, 2021, 01:11:40 PM
The way covid deaths are recorded inflates the actual death figures. Same way the flu would have a far higher death rate each year if anyone who died within 28 days of getting the flu was recorded as a flu death.

Lad went in for open heart surgery last year and died. Postmortem showed death as covid as he tested positive. How is that accurate?

Unless covid directly caused the death it should not be listed.

What about the people who die outside the 28 days after contracting Covid?

They are not included in the death total as it stands

imtommygunn

It isn't just about deaths.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2021, 02:49:26 AM
Is it true that If you arrive on a private/charter aircraft
You don't need to show vaccine certificates? Anywhere in the world?

Not my experience

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 06, 2021, 01:08:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2021, 12:54:29 PM

Something something herd immunity something something Sweden something.

It must be something special at this rate, again don't make it too taxing, bullets points are fine with me, it's Monday after all and I've already upset Tyrone one's by saying Balinderry is a Derry club team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Covid is never going away, that's the point. At some stage governments  are going to have to acknowledge this. Same as the flu has 1000s of deaths across the world each winter and no one blinks. 2 years of restrictions has not stopped covid.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 12:42:04 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on December 06, 2021, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 09:17:01 AM
But what about the thousands who have died of any cause within 28 days of a covid test? I'd say the deaths are alot lower.

Go on then. In your expert medical, scientific and statistical opinion what do you set the death rate at for Covid?
Do you need to be a medical expert to know that old/sick people die every day? Or to know that just because some inaccurate test said they had covid within 28 days doesn't mean it had anything to do with their death?

No, you don't. I don't think anyone would argue with you that there are people included in the stats for Covid deaths. The difference between us is I don't think this is "alot" as you have said and what is this bit you are you bringing to the table about inaccurate tests?

I asked you for what figure you put on the deaths - how many is "alot"?

clarshack

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 06, 2021, 02:33:13 PM

Covid is never going away, that's the point. At some stage governments  are going to have to acknowledge this. Same as the flu has 1000s of deaths across the world each winter and no one blinks. 2 years of restrictions has not stopped covid.

It would be ideal for the vaccines to be effective for 12 months and you just get a yearly jab like the flu jab without even thinking about it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 06, 2021, 02:33:13 PM

So let's say governments acknowledge this. What do you think they should be doing differently? Accepting that it might be here to stay doesn't mean you stop trying to deal with it? What exactly would you change?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2021, 01:23:32 PM
It isn't just about deaths.

Two years into things and some still don't get this.

Dead people don't overrun health services the world over.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

sid waddell

Quote from: tyrone08 on December 06, 2021, 01:11:40 PM
The way covid deaths are recorded inflates the actual death figures.
In the UK it's quite the opposite, the death figures are very significantly under reported because they use an arbitrary cut off point of 28 days.

It's like the old Fast Show sketch about the Amsterdam police, "we ushed to have a sherioush problem with burglary but shinche we legalished it, it'sh not a problem any more."