Non GAA Discussion > General discussion

China Coronavirus

<< < (3332/3821) > >>

RadioGAAGAA:

--- Quote from: Hectic on October 18, 2021, 06:27:31 PM ---https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

May I refer you to tables 2, 3, 4 from page 13.

--- End quote ---

Look at column 2 of table 2. Notice the inversion when comparing to column 2 of tables 3 and 4?

... and obviously look at columns 8 and 9 of tables 3 and 4.

Vaccines are (unfortunately) not bullet proof, but they do markedly reduce risk of serious illness.

Is that good enough? Probably not. But without giving people a mix up of vaccines to see if targeting different aspects gives better immune responses, we don't really have anything else.

seafoid:
https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1254185/

Speaking on RTÉ's This Week, Mr Reid also said 40% of people in hospital with Covid are below the age of 65 and of those in ICU 65% are unvaccinated.

Hound:

--- Quote from: Hectic on October 18, 2021, 03:59:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hound on October 18, 2021, 10:21:25 AM ---But people who are unvaccinated are more likely to catch Covid than people who are vaccinated, therefore, you are much safer eating in a restaurant that only allows vaccinated to attend.

--- End quote ---

Been a long time away and should probably have stayed away given this sort of drivel filling up pages.

recent data shows that out with those under 30 (the group at an almost zero risk of death from Covid) the vaccinated are significantly more likely to catch Covid.

--- End quote ---
Just to confirm that the link the drivelmeister put up himself proves this is completely and utterly false (table 2 page 13), as we all knew anyway.

But he did perform a very useful service.  Tables 3, 4 and 5 on pages 14-16 show clearly and indisputably just how valuable vaccines are, with hospitalization and death rates for the unvaccinated being multiples times in excess of the vaccinated.

Rossfan:
Is yer man just a Gemmaroidbot who's been tasked with spreading anti vaccination sh1te?

balladmaker:
Due to travel international in a few weeks time.  The fact that I'll be 6 months since second vaccine then concerns me given what appears to be increasing discussion ref. the waning immunity within this timeframe.  Effectively I could be on an long haul flight with limited immunity ... a booster jab before then would be good, but that is a long way off.  So I've a decision to make ref. going or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version