bingobus

Quote from: JMohan on July 12, 2009, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 30, 2009, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 30, 2009, 11:59:17 AM
Quote from: longball on June 23, 2009, 02:36:54 PM
Quote from: bingobus on June 22, 2009, 09:25:57 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 22, 2009, 06:47:44 PM
Is Hanratty struggling for his place?

He hasn't been with the club much do to the county and didn't start the club championship match. The forwards player really well that day with and since, the left footed keith hill has been impressive and is scoring for fun as well. He'd have more strength as well. Hanratty was half injured and then didn't back in for a few league games.

Hill on holidays last and Hanratty took his chance. Competition is healthy as they say.

Making the county and not the club! hard to believe that.
It's happened in Monaghan before

It was actually the case a few years back that a player, Mark Daly, had no club and he was playing in the county. He'd been round a few clubs and ended up back at his original club, Drumhowan, but fell out with them again and didn't play for over a year. He was then drafted onto County panel and played in NFL final against Meath that day. He got injured and quit playing altogether.
Wow! that's a great memory!
He was a good footballer too if I am thinking of the same guy?
Played FF mostly?

Daly was a midfielder by trade but ended up in forwards in a variety of places. A funny guy who liked a good rip after a game!!

bingobus

JMohan,

Hard to call with the Banter. I'd say not winning an Ulster is killing him, last year was the one that got away.

Re his life, if he's not doing it with Monaghan he'll be doing with a club. He lives the GAA as much as any man I'd ever seen.

The Monaghan panel is young with only 2 over 30 - Dermot McArdle ( 33 this August regardless of his profile age!!) and Damien Freeman 32. The core of players are 28 and less. With a few new players to be found, their is still potential and Banty may find it hard to walk away. He'll not be pushed.

His background team may change.

If he goes, I'm not sure there is anyone in the county that stands out at present. May look outside again, Big Joe would be ideal but prob not take it with Sons playing.

JMohan

What about your own club men ?

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on July 12, 2009, 10:56:04 PM
JMohan,

Hard to call with the Banter. I'd say not winning an Ulster is killing him, last year was the one that got away.

Re his life, if he's not doing it with Monaghan he'll be doing with a club. He lives the GAA as much as any man I'd ever seen.

The Monaghan panel is young with only 2 over 30 - Dermot McArdle ( 33 this August regardless of his profile age!!) and Damien Freeman 32. The core of players are 28 and less. With a few new players to be found, their is still potential and Banty may find it hard to walk away. He'll not be pushed.

His background team may change.

If he goes, I'm not sure there is anyone in the county that stands out at present. May look outside again, Big Joe would be ideal but prob not take it with Sons playing.

There's nobody standing out in club football, maybe Loughman?

Big Joe wont take it, not a hope!

Sean Boylan?

bingobus

Quote from: JMohan on July 13, 2009, 04:03:01 PM

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

Declan only a few years into Management and needs to prove himself at senior club level ie win us the fecking championship!! He'll be a canditate if it was up but I'd hope he'd pass it up.
Eamon may be looking a job  ;) He's a very clever manager and like banty, would be very organised. He'd be better tactically than Banty but may not get the same level of intensity or passion.

I've a feeling Banty may stay on though.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on July 13, 2009, 04:55:57 PM

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

Declan only a few years into Management and needs to prove himself at senior club level ie win us the fecking championship!! He'll be a canditate if it was up but I'd hope he'd pass it up.
Eamon may be looking a job  ;) He's a very clever manager and like banty, would be very organised. He'd be better tactically than Banty but may not get the same level of intensity or passion.

I hope to God you're right!

I know from being invloved in underage football that everything's easier when the senior team are doing relatively well, and the pride that has been put back in the county jersey in the last few years has filtered down the ranks. Not only is he a good manager but a good financial organiser as well. He's very good at going aroud the clubs as well.

If he did stay, he'd maybe need to shake things up a bit, but having said that our two elder statesmen (Strimmer and Damien) should have another year left in them. Is there any untapped talent out there?

JMohan

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

I don't rate McEneany at all.

I think he'd be a terrible move for you - and he had a shot before too ...

What about other clubs? Scotstown or Magheracloone? Got any candidates?

JMohan

Quote from: thebandit on July 13, 2009, 05:18:31 PM

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

I hope to God you're right!

I know from being invloved in underage football that everything's easier when the senior team are doing relatively well, and the pride that has been put back in the county jersey in the last few years has filtered down the ranks. Not only is he a good manager but a good financial organiser as well. He's very good at going aroud the clubs as well.

If he did stay, he'd maybe need to shake things up a bit, but having said that our two elder statesmen (Strimmer and Damien) should have another year left in them. Is there any untapped talent out there?

The best option for Monaghan would be to appoint Banty as Financial Director for the County ... I.e. chief fundraiser

And ... if he stays he needs to do like before and clear out everyone else ... get new ideas in and get new blood in.

thebandit

Niall Flanagan - Cremartin

P Keenan - Carrick I think

Paul Meegan's cousin Pat also got a run for the county

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on July 13, 2009, 10:13:31 PM
Niall Flanagan - Cremartin

P Keenan - Carrick I think

Paul Meegan's cousin Pat also got a run for the county

Don't recall any Keenans playing with Carrick. I know a Keenan plays with Scotstown.

Thought that may have been Gegory Flanagan.

bingobus

Quote from: JMohan on July 13, 2009, 05:32:52 PM

Loughman?
The 'other' McEnaney?

I don't rate McEneany at all.

I think he'd be a terrible move for you - and he had a shot before too ...

What about other clubs? Scotstown or Magheracloone? Got any candidates?

Maghercloone would have had muostly outsiders and thats a tough job! Scotstwon would have big Gerry McCarville who was with Banty in his first years and Prob got him the job. He's alot too prove too.

Mick O'Dowd has a good reorcd and won with Cavan Gaels but that should be a given in any year. Thye should be looking to Ulster but never made it.

Is it Mickey McConville from Cross? He's very highly rated by those who have had him. Untried at County level though and I think we'd need someone who has a track record outside clubs. Gerry McEntee had Dublin U21's or Minors, would be a candiatate.

If Banty does go, I'd reckon he will be picking his replacement.

thebandit

Pauric Keenan I think

I heard Mickey's name mentioned today - wouldn't be a bad choice.

I see you've been reading Hoganstand sir ;)

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on July 13, 2009, 11:01:13 PM
Pauric Keenan I think

I heard Mickey's name mentioned today - wouldn't be a bad choice.

I see you've been reading Hoganstand sir ;)

Hoganstand whats that  ;)

Mickey would be a good man, Carrick and Louth club had him in recent years and they rave about him. The Carrick lads will tell you that he was more responsible for winning the league last year that White. He put discipline and attitude into the club.

Was talking with someone Sunday and the name mentioned where Joe Kernan (as you say, not a hope), McConville (Not Jim), McEntee, O'Dowd (too friendly with his players), Loughman (hands off) and John Rafferty (darkhouse!)

thebandit

Rafferty's not a bad coach, but I'd have Mickey before him, Mickey as some record in club football.

Gerry McEntee might not be a bad choice.

JMohan

John Rafferty 'might' be good

Then there's always Mickey Moran and Morrison if you can tempt them away with a few shillings