TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Succession best show in years. Horrible characters but so captivating to watch.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

mayoman dan

Just finished dopesick.Very very good.The only downside is its the anti vaxxers wet dream ::)

Tony Baloney

Super stuff again in Succession.

EDIT by Mod5 for spoiler alert...

dec

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2021, 11:24:30 PM
Super stuff again in Succession.

EDIT by Mod5 for spoiler alert...

I assume mod5 hasn't watched succession if you think that was a real spoiler

toby47

Anyone watched Money Heist? Seen a few ones talking about it.

On it's 5th season, weary about starting it in case it gets monotonous after a couple of seasons?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: toby47 on December 14, 2021, 09:39:37 AM

On it's 5th season, weary about starting it in case it gets monotonous after a couple of seasons?

Maybe looking to start that also, finished Vikings the other week, so trying to get a new show, watched 14 peaks last night, flipping nuts considering what he is trying to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

Succession. Just wow. Gruelling and enthralling TV. Your emotions towards the characters is like a rollercoaster.

How long till season 4!

laoislad

I think it's brilliant. It's way over the top and far fetched but I still loved it. Worth watching for Tokyo alone.. if you know you know.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2021, 07:46:05 PM
Just watched the Succession finale... superb

Superb ending.  No likeable characters but yet there is joy in seeing them cut each other to bits

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2021, 12:14:56 PM

I think it's brilliant. It's way over the top and far fetched but I still loved it. Worth watching for Tokyo alone.. if you know you know.

The first 2 seasons were great but they are dragging the arse out of it now. Still watching it though ;D

tbrick18

These Korean dystopian type shows have caught me recently, starting with Squid Game then Alice in Borderland.
Just started watching Hellbound too.
Really good.

I liked the look of Money Heist, need to give it a go.

The final season of Lost in Space was decent as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 14, 2021, 02:19:23 PM
These Korean dystopian type shows have caught me recently, starting with Squid Game then Alice in Borderland.
Just started watching Hellbound too.
Really good.

I liked the look of Money Heist, need to give it a go.

The final season of Lost in Space was decent as well.

Alice in Borderland was very good and I think they are making another series.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Just binged The Defiant Ones on Netflix.  Obviously it has now been out a while. Quality behind the scenes music documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine. I found it fascinating but it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. 

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: lurganblue on December 15, 2021, 12:10:25 PM
Just binged The Defiant Ones on Netflix.  Obviously it has now been out a while. Quality behind the scenes music documentary about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine. I found it fascinating but it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Very good show. Well worth a watch.

galwayman

Where would I find the first 2 seasons of Succession? Season 3 is being repeated on Sky Atlantic in the next few days so I have that set to record but looking for the first two seasons.
Can't seem to locate them on Netflix or Prime video.
Cheers