Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

When you see their performances in the Ulster League it's hard to justify them play in the Junior Championship.  :-\
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Last Man

Div 4 Final, St.Endas Glengormley v St.Brigids Cloughmills was played at the Mid Ulster Sports Arena on Saturday. Old rivalries were renewed but the Endas ran out convincing winners 3-7 to 0-9. A game of 2 halves due to the weather but the biddies couldn't create a goal chance.

Glensman

Old rivalries renewed alright and generally apart from the St Endas No. 10 who was completely nuts it was a tough competitive game.

Was certainly a game of 2 halves...the Biddies should have tried for a couple more goals in the first half but the wind certainly picked up in the second and Crossey started to dominate. He is a great player.

On another note the referee was one of the worst I have seen in a long time - for both teams. I am not sure who he is.

Congrats to St Endas.

milltown row

speedy (pat mc caffrey) was the referee,

nrico2006

QuoteWhen you see their performances in the Ulster League it's hard to justify them play in the Junior Championship.

True.  We got Burt in the first round of the Ulster Junior last year.  There is  Donegal Junior Championship but its the senior winners that go into the Ulster Junior.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Last Man

This is on the Ulster Web site, anybody know if its on for sure as I wouldn't mind going to it. A lot of people thought it wasn't on Dunloy's radar at the minute.
SportTracker Ulster Senior Hurling League Division 1 Final (2.00pm)
Extra Time if required
Dunloy (Antrim) v Loughgiel (Antrim) at Cloughmills Ref: Ray Mathews (Antrim)

Last Man

Sunday 16th December 2.oopm Dunloy v L'giel

theskull1

Yes....I believe the match is on
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

At least the weather forecast gives it to be dry at the weekend.

Glensman

Dunloy 2-13 Loughgeil 1-7 I think was the final scoreline.

Comfortable enough win for Dunloy. To be expected as they have started back training but they looked sharp enough and good sign that there were quiet a few regulars on the bench. Thought Darren Quinn looked sharp and Paudie Shivers turning into a  good hurler.

Winker sent off (I would have bet my house on it if I had one). Two yellows, could have been about 7 but Ray Matthews ussed a bit of licence to give Loughgeil a chance. His licence was arguably within the spirit of what the game should have been and the game largely was but it could have seen someone get a leg broke.

On another note - hope to see more championship matches in Cloughmills. Super pitch generally and the condition it was in at this time of year was great.

youbetterbelieveit

Any word on whether the League is going to be run this year again, havent heard anything as of yet. surely there would be an announcement for fixtures etc..

Aristotle Flynn

Frankie Quinn sent out an E Mail asking for entries so I'm sure it will continue.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.